Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
    Cheers again.

Would it be fair to say that while we have a potentially strong first 15 this year, that we don’t have the depth from previous seasons and that injuries to a few crucial players (Crowley, McCann, Clarkson and Hyde) could seriously derail things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More concerned to injuries to Hyde and Crowley as unsure of quality behind them.. Losing Clarkson and McCann could probably be more easily dealt with assuming they weren't long term.

Potentially good 15 but not as much depth as last season IMO. But could be wrong of course, we shall what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
      Thanks for the squad preview, ScrummieMan.

Looking forward to seeing how the former Galway minor gets on, if he gets game time. Jennings was a really talented hurler, so a bit of coup to get him.

I'm assuming Ciaran Booth is still out with the injury he suffered at the JWC?

Would have liked to see Cormac Izuchukwu played at centre, as a backup to Hyde. I know he played his Scottish club rugby at second row, but I think he could struggle to make it professionally in the second row. His physical attributes don't really stand out as much there and there is a chance that the extra weight he will have to put on, to play second row, could slow him down.
      Izuchukwu isnt viewed as being a professional prospect at centre.. He is athletic for a lock if he played 12 he'd be targeted defensively.

Comment

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic...v-ireland-u20s

Comment

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/01/20...r-six-nations/

Comment

That’s really really tough on Paddy Kelly

\"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

5 put of 37 from munster. 0 from limerick.

Comment

Good luck to the L̶e̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ Ireland under-20's — who will be competing in the under 20 six nations. Ireland's under-20 coach — who is also Leinster's academy manager — has named 20 Leinster players in the Ireland under-20 squad. I mean, why don't they just wear blue jerseys and move the matches back to Donnybrook, as well?

In all seriousness, judging by the interprovincials and from talking to a few people, they clearly had the best players at the age group. I think all five our guys are still in with an outside chance of making the match-day squad. Ahern and Crowley are obviously the two most likely and are two of the most important players for Ireland. From what I've seen of the individual players, it's shaping up to be one of the smaller packs physically, with Ahern the stand-out physical specimen. Because of this, it wouldn't surprise me if the physicality of Hurely and O'Connor was used off the bench.

Really looking forward to being down in Irish Independent park for the first game against Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                  2 from Waterford though which is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                    2 from Waterford though which is fantastic.
                    I’m delighted at that
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

https://www.southernstar.ie/sport/cl...d-u20s-4198839

Interesting article above on Cian Hurley, I had no idea he spent the first 13 years of his life in South Africa.

By all accounts, he has all the physical attributes to make it pro and he has played 7 times for Munster A. Assuming Hernan starts at 7 and McCann at 6, what chance do people give Hurley of starting at 8? Could he be this year's Hodnett or O'Sullivan?

Would be great to see more than two Munster players starting against Scotland. What made the atmosphere so special last year, was the fact that we knew we were watching so many of the future senior Munster players.

Comment

After last years bit of light, that is absolutley alarming. Surley has to be massive concern over the complete dearth of players coming from Limerick.
                        "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Munster players profiles.
                          https://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/under20/profiles/

Thomas Ahern 6'9 110kg
                          Jack Crowley 6'0. 88kg
                          Cian Hurley 6'5 106kg
                          Eoin O'Connor 6'7. 107kg
                          Harry O'Riordan 5'11 89kg

Comment

Munster players profiles.
                            https://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/under20/profiles/

Thomas Ahern 6'9 110kg
                            Jack Crowley 6'0. 88kg
                            Cian Hurley 6'5 106kg
                            Eoin O'Connor 6'7. 107kg
                            Harry O'Riordan 5'11 89kg
                            Who is the main competition for O’Riordan at 13?

Would be great if we could get 3 starters

\"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post

After last years bit of light, that is absolutley alarming. Surley has to be massive concern over the complete dearth of players coming from Limerick.
                              Maybe they're all playing hurling?

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Who is the main competition for O’Riordan at 13?

Would be great if we could get 3 starters

Looks like Ben Moxham and Dan Kelly. DOR is U19.

Comment

Working...
                                X