Clear All

Couple of lovely prospects in this crop

The medard neck beard on the winger who just scored is a great effort
    I am the million man.

Comment

Try ireland in the corner Andy Smith, some pass by McCann number 8
      ireland 36 Wales 17

Comment

There's some good players on this Irish team.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Watching young Stewart in action, can't help thinking Seanie Leak O'Brien should've been a 2
          Real aggression in the carry from Stewart.

Comment

Another try for Wales 36_22 on 70 mins

Comment

36-22, 75 mins
              Ireland scrum near Welsh 10m line
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Another good win full time ireland 36 Wales 22 , man of match finlay Ireland number 9 .

Comment

Lovely to watch good rugby being played at this level. There was an outrage try-scoring pass by the No 8 from the bottom of a ruck in the second half - worth watching!
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

2 Munster lads look v good, can see both breaking through. Crowley did great in horrible conditions and I thought it was between himself and Irish Hooker for MOM, can't understand how the SH got it who kicked v poorly and got blown away at times.

English team will be be mauling a lot v us.

Comment

Their maul was very powerful and, as a consequence, they used it a lot.

Our left winger made a great break in the first half but he kept stepping to his right.

Maybe they should put him on the right wing and see does he have a step to his left.

We defended very well to keep the Yellow Card period at 0-0.

The (Georgian) Officials seemed very tolerant of Offside by them and I wasn't so sure about Sir's interpretation of a few scrum Pens, although given his nationality, he should know a thing or two about scrums.
                      Having said that, he looked a bit tall and skinny to have been a forward!!

Comment

Ahern and Crowley look to be very fine prospects, the former carries his stature very easily, the latter has lovely hands and timing. Shame the wind had such an influence on the game.

Comment

First half was great, second terrible to watch but the conditions were terrible and started to turn bad just before half time. The second have became very stop start and scrappy which suited the welsh.

5 tries in tough conditions isn't bad and theres still plenty of areas they can improve.

There was some great play in the first half. Smith has great pace but it's his ability to step that is really special. Steward looked excellent for the second game in a row. I was actually more impressed by Crowley this week. He was excellent especially in the first half. Kelly is another who had a very good game. Cant fault any player although I though McCarthy was a bit over enthusiastic at times though he's an excellent prospect.

Comment

Ireland were very good and created some lovely tries. It's been a long time since I've seen an Irish team look as comfortable in unstructured play. Wales on the other hand, were fairly poor, especially in the first half. It’s hard to believe they have so many guys with senior professional club rugby experience.

In the first half, there was nice variation from the half-backs. Crowley looked like ROG at times, with some really good vision and execution of kicks. It looked like the wind was fairly strong in the second half, so the handling errors were understandable.

Every year there seems to be a guy who comes from nowhere, to shock everybody. Dan Kelly looks like being that guy this year and according to his IRFU profile, he’s underage again next year. He doesn’t seem to be attached to a professional team and given that outside of Sean French, we don’t have a whole load of academy centres coming through, should we be having a look at him?

The two other under 19s really impressed me as well. Stewart was absolutely everywhere and already looks like he could be Best’s long-term successor, up in Ulster. McCarthy is listed at 108kg on the match day programmes, but he hits like a guy that is much bigger.

As other have said, there are some serious prospects on this Irish team. Smith, Hyde, Kelly, Crowley, Ahern, Clarkson and Stewart are the standouts, but it looks like a number of other guys could make it professionally, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

The (Georgian) Officials seemed very tolerant of Offside by them and I wasn't so sure about Sir's interpretation of a few scrum Pens, although given his nationality, he should know a thing or two about scrums.
                              Having said that, he looked a bit tall and skinny to have been a forward!!
                              Apparently he's going to be the first Georgian to referee in pro14 (doing Munster vs Kings next weekend).

Comment

That should be useful, if Munster pick the brains of young McCann as to what his interpretation of the various plays tonight were.

Comment

Working...
                                X