X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    He bears a passing resemblance to Emile Ntamack.

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

I dont think with Farrell's background he is a safe company man and hopefully that will be reflected in his team with Baloucoune involved. (any nicknames for him available yet?).
    The Cat, according to 42.ie

https://www.the42.ie/ulster-bath-wil...70914-Jan2020/

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Jeez Ustix,

I'm luvin the optimism, fair play.

FWIW I think we'll beat Scotland, but if Ireland come up short to Wales, then I can see Ireland tanking this 6Ns.

I'd say Ireland are gonna end up with 2 or 2.5 wins from 5, which will probably leave them joint 3rd or 4th. They should beat Scotland & Italy, they'll struggle v Wales & France (maybe winning one if they improve hugely on 2019) and they'll get mullered by England imho.

P.s. I mean Ireland didn't even win their easy group at RWC19 ffs ?!
    3 points behind Japan, that great rugby superpower... and let's not mention the lack of performance v the ABs in the QF. Ireland are coming from a long way back in their performance levels right throughout 2019...
    Dear Daithi,
    What's the use in worrying?
    ustix

p.s. did you not hear that big Billy Vunipola is out?
    Last edited by ustix; 20-January-2020, 17:22.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Conway, POM and CJ to start.

Murray, Earls, JOD, Kilcoyne on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post

I believe we'll lose to Angleterre and beat the rest finishing 2nd to an Eddie Slam
    Jeez Ustix,

I'm luvin the optimism, fair play.

FWIW I think we'll beat Scotland, but if Ireland come up short to Wales, then I can see Ireland tanking this 6Ns.

I'd say Ireland are gonna end up with 2 or 2.5 wins from 5, which will probably leave them joint 3rd or 4th. They should beat Scotland & Italy, they'll struggle v Wales & France (maybe winning one if they improve hugely on 2019) and they'll get mullered by England imho.

P.s. I mean Ireland didn't even win their easy group at RWC19 ffs ?!
    3 points behind Japan, that great rugby superpower... and let's not mention the lack of performance v the ABs in the QF. Ireland are coming from a long way back in their performance levels right throughout 2019...
    Last edited by Daithi; 20-January-2020, 12:29.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Think JOD must have a great chance of being on the bench against Scotland.
    Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 20-January-2020, 11:22.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied

Hope to see him involved, maybe against Italy. We'll probably see Dave Kearny though.
    I dont think with Farrell's background he is a safe company man and hopefully that will be reflected in his team with Baloucoune involved. (any nicknames for him available yet?).

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

If there’s one thing I want to see absolutely dead and buried in Irish rugby, it’s the idea of a fixed first XV with the “best” players shuffled into different positions (and even between provinces) so they’re not competing with each other.
    Inch'Allah! May God hear you! We saw the result of such a philosophy in the last four World Cups disappointments (was about to write disasters...).

And concerning Robert Baloucoune, 22, the guy has all to be a great winger and a have a bright future if injuries don't spoil his career.
    Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 20-January-2020, 17:37. Reason: Either I use my keyboard too fast or my keyboard is as reactive as a slug on ashes...

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    Hope to see him involved, maybe against Italy. We'll probably see Dave Kearny though.

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1218668261371453440

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Agree that Henshaw was better as a 15/13, but even if he had stayed in either of thse slots, he just does not seem to have the pace for international rugby. He is a good honest grafter who always gives 100% but Ireland could do better. There seem to be very few footballing/playmaking 12s around these days. McClosky is not really one, but he has shown some variation in his game and good distribution skills lately.
    He used to have the pace but they did a D’Arcy on him and bulked him up to become a crash ball option. I’d say a few injuries took their toll too.

That said, he looked fairly lean and lively at 13 in that RWC warm up before he got crocked again.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Robbie was ruined by the move to 12. An exciting and dangerous 13/15 shoehorned into a position he had neither the skills nor the kicking game to play really well, simply because Ringrose had been anointed BOD’s successor. He’s defensively sound (which was about 80% of the job in Joe’s view) but very one-dimensional.

If there’s one thing I want to see absolutely dead and buried in Irish rugby, it’s the idea of a fixed first XV with the “best” players shuffled into different positions (and even between provinces) so they’re not competing with each other.
    Agree that Henshaw was better as a 15/13, but even if he had stayed in either of thse slots, he just does not seem to have the pace for international rugby. He is a good honest grafter who always gives 100% but Ireland could do better. There seem to be very few footballing/playmaking 12s around these days. McClosky is not really one, but he has shown some variation in his game and good distribution skills lately.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Poor old McCloskey doesn't even have his foot in the door. He is not in the squad so he won't be picked. Form seems to count for nothing. Meanwhile, Henshaw was yet again almost invisible for Leinster against Benneton. He is a one dimensional carthorse who is living on reputation. Don't even know why he is still starting for Leinster with talented kids like the three O'Briens around, especially Conor who is a big, strong 12 with power, adequate pace and some skills. He can do everything Henshaw can but better.
    Robbie was ruined by the move to 12. An exciting and dangerous 13/15 shoehorned into a position he had neither the skills nor the kicking game to play really well, simply because Ringrose had been anointed BOD’s successor. He’s defensively sound (which was about 80% of the job in Joe’s view) but very one-dimensional.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    McCloskey has to start v Scotland
    Poor old McCloskey doesn't even have his foot in the door. He is not in the squad so he won't be picked. Form seems to count for nothing. Meanwhile, Henshaw was yet again almost invisible for Leinster against Benneton. He is a one dimensional carthorse who is living on reputation. Don't even know why he is still starting for Leinster with talented kids like the three O'Briens around, especially Conor who is a big, strong 12 with power, adequate pace and some skills. He can do everything Henshaw can but better.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    I don't think the captaincy selection is particularly important. It's just five games and Sexton will likely play them all, or the four proper ones at least. Can re-assess once they're out of the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X