No announcement yet.

Form Irish 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised no one else picked up on Wych horsing Poite out of his way at one stage on Saturday. Romaine looked rattled to me.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
      I was surprised no one else picked up on Wych horsing Poite out of his way at one stage on Saturday. Romaine looked rattled to me.
      Might shake him out of his stupor. A man who does not enjoy Thomond Park and nor does Thomond Park enjoy seeing him.

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        I'm pretty sure the announcers on the feed I was watching mentioned it. Something like "fineen wycherly with a good clearout on romain poite"

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

I'm pretty sure the announcers on the feed I was watching mentioned it. Something like "fineen wycherly with a good clearout on romain poite"
          Almost as deserving as Sexton...

Comment

For me, the McCloskey is a bit better as a 12 than Henshaw but far from perfect. If we want a big unit who can also actually pass the ball, the answer may in fact be Chris Farrell, who looked very capable when tried there in the RWC warm ups.

He’s not fashionable but our Rory is actually playing some very good stuff at IC too, and is more of a second playmaker than any of the others. But I expect that, like Tom Farrell, he won’t get a look in despite his form.

Comment

Sexton, medial ligament, 6-8 weeks it seems. Joey due back for the Leinster game.. but wouldn't bet on it.
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                Sexton, medial ligament, 6-8 weeks it seems. Joey due back for the Leinster game.. but wouldn't bet on it.
                So Sexton should be back in time to cover The injury Joey picks up in Ireland camp

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

So Sexton should be back in time to cover The injury Joey picks up in Ireland camp
                  Sounds bout right
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I laughed a little too hard at that, probably b/c there's a 50% chance it will come true. Jokes aside, this is a big chance for Byrne to step up and show he can play at test level, Carty has been out of form, and JJ may well get a look into camp b/c he is playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                      For me, the McCloskey is a bit better as a 12 than Henshaw but far from perfect. If we want a big unit who can also actually pass the ball, the answer may in fact be Chris Farrell, who looked very capable when tried there in the RWC warm ups.

He’s not fashionable but our Rory is actually playing some very good stuff at IC too, and is more of a second playmaker than any of the others. But I expect that, like Tom Farrell, he won’t get a look in despite his form.
                      He's been in very good form this season, Larkham's attacking style suits his skill set, and his boot comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                        There's arguments for most of the players listed in various posts here (bar Ruddock, of course) but that's not how teams are picked.

If Farrell drops Murray for Cooney then Sexton will start. If he drops Sexton then Murray will start.

He and Catt will be working on attacking game plan as we speak, and that will have a lot of impact on the back selection. I'd say that given that under Lancaster, they gave caps to Billy Twelvetrees at 12 that a fair number have a shout.
                        A bit hard on Ruddock there. He is a big, abrasive backrower who gets through a heap of work, always plays well and never lets the team down. He was one of our better forwards in the RWC and probably did not get enough game time. Not saying he should be the starting 6 for Ireland (though I would not worry if he were) but he's a grand man for the match day 23.
                        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

I laughed a little too hard at that, probably b/c there's a 50% chance it will come true. Jokes aside, this is a big chance for Byrne to step up and show he can play at test level, Carty has been out of form, and JJ may well get a look into camp b/c he is playing well.
                          It would be ironic if JJ was called up because, he is finally playing consistently well, just when Joey and Tb are unfit. Would be quite a break for Ben Healy, but a bit of a nightmare for us. That said, I really want a fully fit Joey back, not one who’s almost right- and lasts a couple of weeks- and does who knows what longer term damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

A bit hard on Ruddock there. He is a big, abrasive backrower who gets through a heap of work, always plays well and never lets the team down. He was one of our better forwards in the RWC and probably did not get enough game time. Not saying he should be the starting 6 for Ireland (though I would not worry if he were) but he's a grand man for the match day 23.
                            I've got nothing against Ruddock, but he's not a starting test 6.

O'Mahony, Leamy, Ferris, Stander, O'Brien....he's just not in that bracket for me. He's a solid blindside, but I think him to O'Mahony is about the same gap as TOD to Leavy.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

And then the curious case of TO'B, shortlisted for European player of the year, at 6
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

It would be ironic if JJ was called up because, he is finally playing consistently well, just when Joey and Tb are unfit. Would be quite a break for Ben Healy, but a bit of a nightmare for us. That said, I really want a fully fit Joey back, not one who’s almost right- and lasts a couple of weeks- and does who knows what longer term damage.
                                That is the issue for me, as well. If Farrell sees Carbery as a possible long term 10 for Ireland, then he has to get a solid injury free run of games, not be rushed back to hopefully win a 6N this year and possibly do more damage to a compromised ankle. Having him miss this coming 6N wouldn't be the worst thing if it means that he comes back 100% healthy and ready to play at full speed. JJ may be a late developer in terms of finally putting good performances together on a week to week basis, but he's still only 27. Plenty of people are hoping Cooney gets his chance at the green jersey and he's 29, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility he could force his way in by playing at a high level. He has a very good skill set.

Comment

Working...
                                X