2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G’wan McCloskey. Well deserved
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
      G’wan McCloskey. Well deserved
      Yep. Andy gets a grip.

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/01/20...ireland-squad/
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        McCloskey has been added to the Ireland squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larmour a doubt with foot injury, just thank **** it wasn’t Rob K he called in
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Larmour a doubt with foot injury, just thank **** it wasn’t Rob K he called in
          Shame if Larmour is out, but will be interesting to see who plays FB in that event. Addison I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            Dev is slow yes but he is not playing in the backrow. He is a bully 2nd row who hits 40-50 rucks, makes his tackles and has the passing ability to play in a fast moving team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
            The only bully 2nd row Ireland have had in the last ten years is currently playing with racing

Comment

Hopefully the following team is picked....

Healy, Herring, Porter, Ryan, Toner, CJ, VDF, Doris, Cooney, Sexton, Larmour, Mccloskey, Ringrose, Conway, Addison - Kilcoyne, Kelleher, Dillane, Deegan, Murray, Carthy, Farrell

Comment

Healy, Herring, Porter, Ryan, Toner, CJ, VDF, Doris, Cooney, Sexton, Larmour, Mccloskey, Ringrose, Conway, Addison - Kilcoyne, Kelleher, Furlong, Dillane, Deegan, Murray, Carthy, Farrell

Comment

A team so good he made us read it twice
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Post erased...

I think I have some issue with reading the forum at the moment... Another nonsensic post from me, I apologize...
                    Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 21st-January-2020, 16:59.
                    The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                      Post erased...

I think I have some issue with reading the forum at the moment... Another nonsensic post from me, I apologize...
                      Don’t worry about it. Plenty of nonsense posted on here every day, without apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Shame if Larmour is out, but will be interesting to see who plays FB in that event. Addison I guess.
                        Think he'd be in the starting XV ? Ryan and Ryan would be pretty a pretty ferocious pairing, but as I've mentioned before, I can't fault them for making the call they did at the time it was made. Age and injury profile was cutting against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Thanks, I'm aware I'm certainly better.... than you depict.

That's why I specifically wrote:

'...but some of the usual trolling hounds from Leinster here....'

So I obviously was only referring to some of the trolling hounds from Leinster here, capiche!?

The fact that you got defensive about my giving out about this painful, little cohort (thankfully a minority of Lfans btw) may well indicate something though......

Just sayin like, just sayin' ;)
                          I think you should read your full post again.
                          "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Healy, Herring, Porter, Ryan, Toner, CJ, VDF, Doris, Cooney, Sexton, Larmour, Mccloskey, Ringrose, Conway, Addison - Kilcoyne, Kelleher, Dillane, Deegan, Murray, Carthy, Farrell

Bringing back Toner would be a major backwards step, we saw last year how he had slowed down too much to be effective at international level and our lineout didn't suffer at all in his absence at the world cup. He's exactly the kind of player we need to be moving on from at the start of a cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post

Bringing back Toner would be a major backwards step, we saw last year how he had slowed down too much to be effective at international level and our lineout didn't suffer at all in his absence at the world cup. He's exactly the kind of player we need to be moving on from at the start of a cycle.
                              Agreed. Dev’s had his great days and defied a lot of people’s (myself included) opinions of him, but he’s not one of the older players we should be persisting with. Unlike Sexton, he’s not a pivotal player.

Ryan has it all and is nailed on.
                              Henderson and Dillane are the athletes.
                              Kleyn and Roux are the big units.

Guys like Thornbury and Fineen are the potential additions to that list in the next couple of years.

Comment

The case for Ryan and against Sexton?

Eamonn Sweeney: 'Andy Farrell has made a mess of his first big decision as head coach - and it could be very costly for Ireland'
                                Handing the role to a player who won't be in the picture for the next World Cup is pointless

​​​​​​https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby...-38897555.html

Comment

Working...
                                X