2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

The dogs on the road might know it, but some of the usual trolling hounds from Leinster here are too busy sniffing each other's bottoms as usual, to get their heads up to see that this coaching ticket is just a rejigged version of the failed last coaching team who oversaw the total decline & decimation of the Irish team through 2019.....

What are the bets on the ~ same coaching ticket reversing Ireland's form in 2020..... I'd say about as likely as stopping a mange ridden mongrel from licking his b@@alls.....
    Tell us what you really think :-)

I don't think Leinster supporters are any more pro-Farrell than us tbh. There were enough changes in the squad to provide a slight chink of light (e.g. absence of RK), but the McCloskey omission is surprising.

Very much wait and see, but if you look at the available players, it should probably be 1. England, 2. France and Wales, Ireland competing for 3rd, so we might need to temper expectations. I'd be fine with a 3rd place finish this year if we started playing exciting rugby and showed a definite change in approach.

Comment

It's the fact a rugby league legend is coaching Ireland directly after Joe Schmidt that would have me slightly worried.

League is a game of collisions, so was Schmidtball

Time will tell I sphose
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

The dogs on the road might know it, but some of the usual trolling hounds from Leinster here are too busy sniffing each other's bottoms as usual, to get their heads up to see that this coaching ticket is just a rejigged version of the failed last coaching team who oversaw the total decline & decimation of the Irish team through 2019.....

What are the bets on the ~ same coaching ticket reversing Ireland's form in 2020..... I'd say about as likely as stopping a mange ridden mongrel from licking his b@@alls.....
        Friday evening post? Have you a head on you this morning? It’s leinster fans fault now for what might happen next season? Seriously, you’re better than that. Quite offensive really.
        "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Trolling again. Big Dev is glacially slow btw.
          Dev is slow yes but he is not playing in the backrow. He is a bully 2nd row who hits 40-50 rucks, makes his tackles and has the passing ability to play in a fast moving team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            Dev is slow yes but he is not playing in the backrow. He is a bully 2nd row who hits 40-50 rucks, makes his tackles and has the passing ability to play in a fast moving team.

Toner? A Bully? Toner?

As my Grandfather would have said, he wouldn't bate Katty Barry.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post

Friday evening post? Have you a head on you this morning? It’s leinster fans fault now for what might happen next season? Seriously, you’re better than that. Quite offensive really.
              Thanks, I'm aware I'm certainly better.... than you depict.

That's why I specifically wrote:

'...but some of the usual trolling hounds from Leinster here....'

So I obviously was only referring to some of the trolling hounds from Leinster here, capiche!?

The fact that you got defensive about my giving out about this painful, little cohort (thankfully a minority of Lfans btw) may well indicate something though......

Just sayin like, just sayin' ;)
              Last edited by Daithi; 18th-January-2020, 11:33.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Toner? A Bully? Toner?

As my Grandfather would have said, he wouldn't bate Katty Barry.
                Bloody autocorrect....I meant bulky not bully

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                  Bloody autocorrect....I meant bulky not bully

Even Autocorrect has a D4 meeja bias :-)
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Toner moves like a Cheetah compared to Ross Byrne.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      It's the fact a rugby league legend is coaching Ireland directly after Joe Schmidt that would have me slightly worried.

League is a game of collisions, so was Schmidtball

Time will tell I sphose
                      He played union for a few years and has only coached union so at this point I’d say his rugby league influences are fairly well diluted.

Whether he’ll make a good head coach or not I don’t know. It’s a different job to what he’s done so far.

At least the appointment of Catt points towards a more adventurous approach. He’s also close to Lancaster, who has the opposite philosophy to Schmidt, as do all the other provincial coaches these days. None of them are trying to play rugby-by-numbers.

I’m hoping we’ll see something a bit different this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

He played union for a few years and has only coached union so at this point I’d say his rugby league influences are fairly well diluted.

Whether he’ll make a good head coach or not I don’t know. It’s a different job to what he’s done so far.

At least the appointment of Catt points towards a more adventurous approach. He’s also close to Lancaster, who has the opposite philosophy to Schmidt, as do all the other provincial coaches these days. None of them are trying to play rugby-by-numbers.

I’m hoping we’ll see something a bit different this year.
                        Not worried about the RL background- it is crash all, which is why RU was so keen to have RL coaches come in because the running lines need to be very sharp to break through the endless hand to hand combat. I’m sure we all hope Farrell does well- as we can see from our own experience, repeatedly changing coaches is a very de-stabilising place to be.

Comment

England Six Nations squad
                          Forwards:
                          Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 21 caps), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 19 caps), Tom Dunn (Bath, uncapped), Ben Earl (Saracens, uncapped), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 12 caps), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 14 caps), Jamie George (Saracens, 45 caps), Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors, 1 cap), Maro Itoje (Saracens, 34 caps), George Kruis (Saracens, 41 caps), Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 62 caps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 81 caps), Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 6 caps), Joe Marler (Harlequins, 68 caps), Alex Moon (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 31 caps), Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, uncapped), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 15 caps), Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 58 caps), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps)
                          Backs:
                          Elliot Daly (Saracens, 39 caps), Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap), Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Owen Farrell (Saracens, 79 caps), George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 65 caps), George Furbank (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 9 caps), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 47 caps), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps), Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby, uncapped), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 40 caps), Jacob Umaga (Wasps, uncapped), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 42 caps), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 95 caps)

No number 8 in the squad with Billy V missing injured, Jack Nowel injured as well, not sure if that's a side to win a grand slam

Comment

Farrell came out with my favourite (rugby) quote of last year when asked about adjusting to the culture in Ireland by saying it was more of a culture shock for him as a Northener going down the Souf of England.

Gwan Andy
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

McCloskey has been added to the Ireland squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                                McCloskey has been added to the Ireland squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Bout flipping time.
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X