2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    That's a real headache for us to have two games in October.
    Luckily for the IRFU, they don't give two fups about their domestic competition so will happily sacrifice two weekends of international involvement in the Pro 14.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
      Which would they prefer?

Ire v Fra and Eng v Italy first weekend and Ireland v Italy afterwards or
      Ire v Italy first weekend and then ire v fra game the next weekend after the eng v Italy game?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
      The latter because that is the original order. It might not be good for Ireland but that would have been the chronology so it should be the sequence for the postponed games. As it happen, Ireland having a nice warm up game in Rome could be just the job before taking on the French (hopefully with Leavy and Carbery fit to start).

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
        that then will be italy (h), france (a), australia (h), south africa (h), japan (h) for ireland in october / november... with presumably 2 HC round of fixtures before the italy game

player welfare really has come on leaps and bounds....
        The Irish players will have had a month at least without competitive rugby bang in the middle of the season though so it is swings and roundabouts. Plus there is nothing that can be done in such (hopefully) exceptional circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

There's a shocking degree of complacency among the various pundits about the amount of foul play that has become a routine part of this English side's game. Indeed, even the BBC is using images that glorify it (Tuilagi as pirate, when the guy was sent off for potentially career ending foul play, Itoje de-shirting stander while holding onto another Irish player miles away from play, etc ). Re-appointing Jones plays right into this, and against the embarrassment of Saracens having cheated their way to titles, strikes me as a foolish way of accelerating the decline of rugby's reputation.
          Post deleted.
          Last edited by the plastic paddy; 9-March-2020, 13:30.

Comment

Cloaks and daggers so
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

There's a shocking degree of complacency among the various pundits about the amount of foul play that has become a routine part of this English side's game. Indeed, even the BBC is using images that glorify it (Tuilagi as pirate, when the guy was sent off for potentially career ending foul play, Itoje de-shirting stander while holding onto another Irish player miles away from play, etc ). Re-appointing Jones plays right into this, and against the embarrassment of Saracens having cheated their way to titles, strikes me as a foolish way of accelerating the decline of rugby's reputation.
              They decided to play up the 'Us versus them' narrative. Even Tuilagi's first hit in the match on Biggar (I think) showed no attempt to wrap the arms. Continued offences of a similar nature in the laws should result in greater sanctions each time. The force he flew into the tackle was just downright madness. He turned his own head away. These so called tackles need to be outlawed completely with heavy bans ensuing for such an act.
              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

They decided to play up the 'Us versus them' narrative. Even Tuilagi's first hit in the match on Biggar (I think) showed no attempt to wrap the arms. Continued offences of a similar nature in the laws should result in greater sanctions each time. The force he flew into the tackle was just downright madness. He turned his own head away. These so called tackles need to be outlawed completely with heavy bans ensuing for such an act.
                Marler, Lawes and Tuilagi to attend disciplinary hearing in Dublin, the first two following citing, the latter because of his red. That's quite a haul, wonder if it is a 6N record?

Comment

Marler, Lawes and Tuilagi to attend disciplinary hearing in Dublin, the first two following citing, the latter because of his red. That's quite a haul, wonder if it is a 6N record?
                  And still England supporters are crying ‘we done no wrong’. They’re a scumbag team led by a scumbag coach.

Comment

Doubtless the citing commissioner will be against them as well. Marler should have been sent off on the spot, ridiculous oversight by the officials that, it could be argued, cost Wales the game. Citing after the event for such a clear red card offence is simply not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      Doubtless the citing commissioner will be against them as well. Marler should have been sent off on the spot, ridiculous oversight by the officials that, it could be argued, cost Wales the game. Citing after the event for such a clear red card offence is simply not good enough.
                      I reckon they relentlessly practice a deliberate ploy - overwhelm the ref. Nothing new under the sun, only they've taken it to a new level.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Couldn’t agree more, low standards in high places. The Saracens spine of the team have brought their win by whatever means mentality. Referees need to start applying the laws of the game a bit more. The thing is that England don’t need to play dirty to win, they are actively choosing to be. As I see it it’s very much a conscious decision to push the limits and to get away with as much as the referees will let them away with. Comes from the coach and the longer they are given weak referees the more it will continue until there is a very nasty accident, potentially life changing for one of the opposition. That will be on Eddie Jones and the RFU.

Comment

England are absolutely the most cynical team at it, but every team now crosses the line imho.. It's only a few weeks since Ryan torpedoed a prone English player. The French were filthy yesterday, and the Welsh and Jocks are no saints either.

There are two things that strike me - firstly, refs aren't reffing the breakdown at all, and it's a free for all, and secondly the ruck rules are a bit arbitrary and open to interpretation.

It's bosh, bosh, bosh rugby this year, and it's killing the 6N. The U20s has been much, much better viewing.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

Couldn’t agree more, low standards in high places. The Saracens spine of the team have brought their win by whatever means mentality. Referees need to start applying the laws of the game a bit more. The thing is that England don’t need to play dirty to win, they are actively choosing to be. As I see it it’s very much a conscious decision to push the limits and to get away with as much as the referees will let them away with. Comes from the coach and the longer they are given weak referees the more it will continue until there is a very nasty accident, potentially life changing for one of the opposition. That will be on Eddie Jones and the RFU.
                            Would it be an accident if Tuilagi or Lawes broke someone’s neck?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                              Less than a week ago I would have been screaming from the roof tops for skippy to be dumped, but both watching him and listening to the players comments, I now realise that he is just the sort of bloke England need to get the best out them. He ain't the finished article, but like Steve Diamond and Richard Cockerill, ex hookers make for that abrasive and confrontational input. What sets Jones aside is he is calming the hot heads down, go back a year or two and Hadliegh Parkes would have been minced by Manu for the cheap shot that cut his head, now he just smiles, Sinkler has calmed down, Ellis Genge hasn't yet, so I now understand why he sticks with the clown at loosehead, Genge is a better player, but his head isn't quite there yet. I hope skippy gets a contract extension now, I would not have said that this time last week.
                              Yes - it's loose.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Marler gets ten weeks, Tuilagi gets four, Lawes gets off.

The 42

Comment

Working...
                                X