Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another good article https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e_iOSApp_Other

    Comment


      Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

      England’s game V Italy has been postponed as well ustix, logically England will play them after Ireland play them which will hand the advantage to England.
      Unless the France game is cancelled potentially.

      Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
        I've decided now not to go to the game in France.

        To add insult to injury, I had France at 7/1 at the start of the tournament.

        Brûle en l’enfer!


        I think you are very sensible. I will be amazed if the game goes ahead. Although I hope it does, as a rugby supporter, we are in unprecedented territory, imho.

        Comment


          Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Excellent article- if it wasn’t for the saracens debacle, I think he might survive, but the risk now is that different elements of the brand are, for want of a better term, cross infecting.

          Comment


            Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            Unless the France game is cancelled potentially.

            Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
            I suspect England will kick up a monumental fuss if they were to lose that advantage and understandably so. Anyway, plenty of bridges to cross before that happens. If the France game is postponed my bet would be that the whole tournament ends up being cancelled.

            Comment


              Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

              I suspect England will kick up a monumental fuss if they were to lose that advantage and understandably so. Anyway, plenty of bridges to cross before that happens. If the France game is postponed my bet would be that the whole tournament ends up being cancelled.
              Which would they prefer?

              Ire v Fra and Eng v Italy first weekend and Ireland v Italy afterwards or
              Ire v Italy first weekend and then ire v fra game the next weekend after the eng v Italy game?

              Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

              Comment


                Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

                I suspect England will kick up a monumental fuss if they were to lose that advantage and understandably so. Anyway, plenty of bridges to cross before that happens. If the France game is postponed my bet would be that the whole tournament ends up being cancelled.
                Things are now moving both relentlessly and at a quickening pace. I’d be surprised if the France game goes ahead. One argument for postponing until the autumn is that after the next few months economies will need all the boost they can and the revenue generated all round when the 6N show is in town will be important.

                Comment


                  All last round games off, moved to October
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                  Comment


                    That's a real headache for us to have two games in October.
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                    Comment


                      Not to mention the two rounds of Nigels' Cup games that are already scheduled for October.

                      Comment


                        Less than a week ago I would have been screaming from the roof tops for skippy to be dumped, but both watching him and listening to the players comments, I now realise that he is just the sort of bloke England need to get the best out them. He ain't the finished article, but like Steve Diamond and Richard Cockerill, ex hookers make for that abrasive and confrontational input. What sets Jones aside is he is calming the hot heads down, go back a year or two and Hadliegh Parkes would have been minced by Manu for the cheap shot that cut his head, now he just smiles, Sinkler has calmed down, Ellis Genge hasn't yet, so I now understand why he sticks with the clown at loosehead, Genge is a better player, but his head isn't quite there yet. I hope skippy gets a contract extension now, I would not have said that this time last week.

                        Comment


                          According to Midi Olympique as quoted by de Paper, the last round of games will be played on the 31st of October with Ireland's game v Italy being played the previous week.

                          The previous weekend, however, is scheduled to have Round Two of the Nigels' Cup and de Paper quotes the Six Nations as saying they are "awaiting directives from the governments in France and England, as well as the respective rugby unions, before taking any final action."

                          Comment


                            that then will be italy (h), france (a), australia (h), south africa (h), japan (h) for ireland in october / november... with presumably 2 HC round of fixtures before the italy game

                            player welfare really has come on leaps and bounds....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                              Less than a week ago I would have been screaming from the roof tops for skippy to be dumped, but both watching him and listening to the players comments, I now realise that he is just the sort of bloke England need to get the best out them. He ain't the finished article, but like Steve Diamond and Richard Cockerill, ex hookers make for that abrasive and confrontational input. What sets Jones aside is he is calming the hot heads down, go back a year or two and Hadliegh Parkes would have been minced by Manu for the cheap shot that cut his head, now he just smiles, Sinkler has calmed down, Ellis Genge hasn't yet, so I now understand why he sticks with the clown at loosehead, Genge is a better player, but his head isn't quite there yet. I hope skippy gets a contract extension now, I would not have said that this time last week.
                              There's a shocking degree of complacency among the various pundits about the amount of foul play that has become a routine part of this English side's game. Indeed, even the BBC is using images that glorify it (Tuilagi as pirate, when the guy was sent off for potentially career ending foul play, Itoje de-shirting stander while holding onto another Irish player miles away from play, etc ). Re-appointing Jones plays right into this, and against the embarrassment of Saracens having cheated their way to titles, strikes me as a foolish way of accelerating the decline of rugby's reputation.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                                that then will be italy (h), france (a), australia (h), south africa (h), japan (h) for ireland in october / november... with presumably 2 HC round of fixtures before the italy game

                                player welfare really has come on leaps and bounds....
                                and (not that anyone is overly bothered) an impossible ask for the fan who might want to attend.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X