Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Only indoor for the moment- according to BBC
    Half marathon in Paris with 44,000 runners cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post

Half marathon in Paris with 44,000 runners cancelled.
      Mass gatherings of more then 5000 now banned in France
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Italy V England to be played behind closed doors... I didn’t think it was serious until I saw the SRU are giving away hand sanitizer on Sunday!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Italy V England to be played behind closed doors... I didn’t think it was serious until I saw the SRU are giving away hand sanitizer on Sunday!?!?
          They can easily afford it with the 30 pieces of silver they got from the French.

Comment

Italy v England has been postponed it seems.
            Last edited by neill_m; 5-March-2020, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo Hand View Post

They can easily afford it with the 30 pieces of silver they got from the French.
              and from BT for the European Cup.

Comment

Excellent article, as usual.
                https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...e_iOSApp_Other

Comment

France v Ireland going ahead according to the FRU this morning, I've tickets, 4 of us heading to it, really don't fancy it now, not too bothered about sitting in the stadium, it's going to and from Stade de France on the train from Paris with the crowds that bothers me, Paris metro/RER is bad enough on match day without this feckin' virus

Two options: don't go or go and arrive at the ground 3 hours early to avoid crowds in confined trains, no sweaty bars either.. and then remain in ground for 2 hours afterwards until the crowd dissipates.. which if they've just won the grand slam could take a while!

Feck this. Wife reckons if I go certain death is inevitable.
                  Last edited by Murillo; 6-March-2020, 11:12.

Comment

On the flip side, 4 tickets may be going a begging very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Murillo View Post

Two options: don't go or go and arrive at the ground 3 hours early to avoid crowds in confined trains, not sweaty bars either.. and then remain in ground for 2 hours afterwards until the crowd dissipates.. which if they've just won the grand slam could take a while!

and no booze in the stadium either....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        Pedantry alert- although it does say the gland slam prize money is 6m, which is actually what whoever comes top of the 6N gets, irrespective of how many others they have beaten. There’s a link to another article which gets this right- but says the prize money is 5m. As always the sentiments and analysis are interesting- detail isn’t always something the Gruniad does well.

More importantly, the article does a great job of revealing the massively congested nature of the season, and for the elite players the need for in season management. The same is true for cricket, which obviously has very little physical contact. Very few of the leading players play much county cricket anymore- and do so largely as a means of getting match ready for test matches. Do we really want that to happen in rugby?

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

and no booze in the stadium either....

The Kronenbourg at the Stadium is non-alcoholic but full price.

Comment

Originally posted by Murillo View Post
                            France v Ireland going ahead according to the FRU this morning, I've tickets, 4 of us heading to it, really don't fancy it now, not too bothered about sitting in the stadium, it's going to and from Stade de France on the train from Paris with the crowds that bothers me, Paris metro/RER is bad enough on match day without this feckin' virus

Two options: don't go or go and arrive at the ground 3 hours early to avoid crowds in confined trains, no sweaty bars either.. and then remain in ground for 2 hours afterwards until the crowd dissipates.. which if they've just won the grand slam could take a while!

I'm in the same boat. I was going to go but now I'm really hesitate.

Will make my mind up during the week. In some ways I hope they call it off as it'll make my mind up for me!
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Bigger gets mullered by two English players neither of whom wraps.

Comment

Wes competing far better at the breakdown than we did- makes it a different game.

Comment

Working...
                                X