Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The NZH have some choice comments on the Calcutta Cup match.

    It seems "solitary-sex gestures were aimed at the England squad"

    The win was "so ugly it should never be seen again."

    Comment


      Originally posted by mr chips View Post

      If that's genuinely all that happened and Jones has conflated an innocuous incident like that into a member of his coaching team being struck on the head by a deliberately thrown bottle, then he's the one who should be sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute. I was going to ask for a link to the video, but I suppose it won't prove or disprove anything one way or the other - realistically, Neil Craig will have to confirm that it happened the way it's been reported for it to be credible. But the SRU will have to follow it up one way or another now, as it's in their interests to either do all they can to root out the individual concerned, or alternatively refute a spurious and malicious allegation.
      Her's the link
      https://twitter.com/thepenGW/status/...tland-match%2F
      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

      Comment


        Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        Italy pull one back! Great patience and control reaps the reward. Fine conversion from the touchline to go with it. Maybe we'll have a contest after all.
        Wonderful as he is with ball in hand did that come down Teddy's wing?
        Last edited by ustix; 9th-February-2020, 21:34.
        Gwan Joe!!

        Comment


          S
          Gwan Joe!!

          Comment


            Originally posted by ustix View Post
            Wonderful is he is with ball in hand did that come down Teddy's wing?
            Yes- out of position.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              The NZH have some choice comments on the Calcutta Cup match.

              It seems "solitary-sex gestures were aimed at the England squad"

              The win was "so ugly it should never be seen again."
              Story withdrawn.
              Seems them kiwis is still smarting
              Gwan Joe!!

              Comment


                Originally posted by mr chips View Post

                If that's genuinely all that happened and Jones has conflated an innocuous incident like that into a member of his coaching team being struck on the head by a deliberately thrown bottle, then he's the one who should be sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute. I was going to ask for a link to the video, but I suppose it won't prove or disprove anything one way or the other - realistically, Neil Craig will have to confirm that it happened the way it's been reported for it to be credible. But the SRU will have to follow it up one way or another now, as it's in their interests to either do all they can to root out the individual concerned, or alternatively refute a spurious and malicious allegation.
                Just b/c it wasn't thrown doesn't automatically make Jones the bad guy. A bottle blowing around and hitting a head can certainly happen and both the person it struck and Jones can have legitimately believed that someone threw it b/c that is the most likely scenario of someone getting hit in the head with a bottle. Nobody was going to do an on the spot investigation as there was a match to get on with.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                  Just b/c it wasn't thrown doesn't automatically make Jones the bad guy. A bottle blowing around and hitting a head can certainly happen and both the person it struck and Jones can have legitimately believed that someone threw it b/c that is the most likely scenario of someone getting hit in the head with a bottle. Nobody was going to do an on the spot investigation as there was a match to get on with.
                  The headlines it created were a bit sensationalist, given it was a harmless empty plastic bottle. Reading most papers the initial impression is that somebody lobbed a beer bottle at them.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mr chips View Post

                    If that's genuinely all that happened and Jones has conflated an innocuous incident like that into a member of his coaching team being struck on the head by a deliberately thrown bottle, then he's the one who should be sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute. I was going to ask for a link to the video, but I suppose it won't prove or disprove anything one way or the other - realistically, Neil Craig will have to confirm that it happened the way it's been reported for it to be credible. But the SRU will have to follow it up one way or another now, as it's in their interests to either do all they can to root out the individual concerned, or alternatively refute a spurious and malicious allegation.
                    Hear, hear. Look Eddie Jones is a very capable coach but if he's stirring up antagonism and lowering standards here (all just to distract from his side's poor performance) he needs to be hauled over the coals and fined & sanctioned properly if found out.

                    This is not a low life's sport, you can't just go around making up inciting accusations to serve your pr ends. I hope they clobber him for it tbh.
                    ____________________________________________
                    Munster were great when they were Munster.

                    alas they are just north munster now.......
                    ____________________________________________

                    Comment




                      Here we go, the trampfight of the year about to get underway.


                      No game takes longer to forget every single time.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	source.gif
Views:	36
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2594698


                      Let the shyte begin to hit the fan and fleck itself around the walls floor and ceiling
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Hogg from the halfway line. Ball in two hands as he dived down.
                        I am the million man.

                        Comment


                          Reggie is the worst co-comms on the planet. Hes like a grandad giggling at something that happened in 1957
                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            There are fewer rugby skills and less entertainment on display in this game than in our one against Zebre last night. Thankfully, however, as a pseudo nordie I do not have access to RTE during 6N matches and am therefore not subjected to any stream of tedious drivel emanating from Reggie Corrigan.
                            Tis but a scratch.

                            Comment


                              He's not on RTE, Virgin
                              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                There are fewer rugby skills and less entertainment on display in this game than in our one against Zebre last night
                                I am astounded at how hard both sides are working at making this look even worse than it usually is. Its making my eyes bleed, and Cracker is giving my ears the scutters.


                                All 46 players will be given bibs at the post match dinner, they cannot be trusted not to drop their food between the plate and their mouths.


                                This is dogshyte.
                                I am the million man.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X