2020 Guinness 6 Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
    Good game. France almost frenched themselves but pull through. Dupont showing what a modern scrumhalf needs to be
    Another dig at Murray? French SHs have always had a bigger play maker role than their 10s.

Comment

I thought it was a dig at Cooney?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        I thought it was a dig at Cooney?
        It's Coney damn it.
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

It's not a dig. We need to find a scrumhalf with pace and passing ability if we want to compete. Closest I've seen is marmion but hoping Craig Casey is the real deal
          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
            It's not a dig. We need to find a scrumhalf with pace and passing ability if we want to compete. Closest I've seen is marmion but hoping Craig Casey is the real deal
            Pace and passing ability are basic requirements for 9s.

Comment

Cooney will most likely get a decent amount of game time over the coming weeks so we'll get to see what, if any, difference he makes to Irelands attack. I thought he went well yesterday, but I think Murray will keep his starting place, for the time being anyway.

Comment

France played well but England suffered by relying too much on championship level players

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

It's Coney damn it.
                  Like the Island?
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Wouldn't be fully convinced of France, just yet anyway. They were 24-0 up 55 minutes in, and instead of pushing on to get a BP win they let England back to get a losing BP.

No doubting that Edwards has made a major difference, and they probably wouldn't have won without the technical improvement he's brought in. But some of those players are still complete flakes. Teddy a case in point with some downright patethic efforts for Daly's tries.

When they do get it fully together you fear it will be a case of the Dublin footballers where we'll all wish we went back to when they were a jokeshop set up.

"There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Comment

You'd have got long odds on England losing to a team with line out and scrums in bother . Opens up the whole shooting match

Comment

Anyone know if the RDS Simmonscourt car park is open for the Wales game next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Like the Island?
                            The one off Rosses point?
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

One match review:

Wales: Welsh being Welsh, upped their game in the red jersey, all be it against a woeful Italian team, anybody ever really heard of Josh Adams outside of the Welsh team?, still as of last year, they have good win first off, the big mo. has started.

Italy: gone backwards, if there was room to do so. not much to be said after that

Ireland: same old?.. or in transition? hard to say, some glimpses of a new dawn, but a Scotland echoing the days of a freewheeling backrow flying (illegally?) into rucks, helped by a Ref shrugging his shoulders put us on the backfoot, worrying injuries already.

Scotland: upped their game after a woeful RWC, still have usual failings, when Hogg makes such simple mistake, there's something wrong in their heads. Gojng into the Calcutta match, unbeaten in 2 years.. expect England to steamroll them.

France: certainly have a newly found élan, but still similar failings crept back during the match, Scrum and lineout creaked worryingly, a structured Wales & Ireland would beat them, (with Wales, on first showing, more capable of that structure)

England: woeful 1st half, poor team selection shown up, but 2nd half showed they do have ability to win games. Game vs Wales will decide 1st/2nd/3rd
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                                Anyone know if the RDS Simmonscourt car park is open for the Wales game next weekend?
                                Usually is, always the church, cricket club, Wanderers grounds aswell, earlier KO doesn't cater for on-street parking. dunno if anything on in the RDS
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X