Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
    The case for Ryan and against Sexton?

Eamonn Sweeney: 'Andy Farrell has made a mess of his first big decision as head coach - and it could be very costly for Ireland'
    Handing the role to a player who won't be in the picture for the next World Cup is pointless

​​​​​​https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby...-38897555.html

Not only that he isn't going to be in the picture for 2023, he's barely in the picture now at provincial level. Sweeney mentioned the on field criticisms Sexton routinely dishes out to other players; how long until one or more of these guys look back at him and say "**** off, johnny, you barely play, cry foul after every hit and whinge at the refs every chance you get. Enough with your bull****." I can see it happening.

Comment

The case for Ryan and against Sexton?

Eamonn Sweeney: 'Andy Farrell has made a mess of his first big decision as head coach - and it could be very costly for Ireland'
      Handing the role to a player who won't be in the picture for the next World Cup is pointless

​​​​​​https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby...-38897555.html

There is the kernel of a good point in there but it's hard to find amongst the steaming pile of clickbait manure.

New Belgian owners are improving the Indo much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Not only that he isn't going to be in the picture for 2023, he's barely in the picture now at provincial level. Sweeney mentioned the on field criticisms Sexton routinely dishes out to other players; how long until one or more of these guys look back at him and say "**** off, johnny, you barely play, cry foul after every hit and whinge at the refs every chance you get. Enough with your bull****." I can see it happening.

It's a good point. When you're a player who gives out yards to your team mates, you really do have to be able to cash the cheques you're writing yourself.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I've never manged to feel a miligram of respect for that gurrier since he kicked Mafi in the face/eye (twice?) In retaliation for being dumped unceremoniously in 2009. He opened up his eye with a heel stud!
          Last edited by Salty Dog; 28th-January-2020, 11:53.

Comment

I've never manged to feel a miligram of respect for that gurrier since he kicked Mafi in the face/eye (twice?) In retaliation for being dumped unceremoniously in 2009. He opened up his eye with a heel stud!
            That garbage he pulled in Thomond last year was deplorable. First ripping the scrum cap off of Wycherly and then pushing and allegedly stomping on Carbery. Things get heated, I understand, but for him to go after a kid coming for his jersey who is having a good season was downright ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Great point, his bad attitude outweighs his any good delivery on the pitch at the moment. Although we may be waiting for a while given the current Munster representation in the team. He'll be coaching Leinster in five years so none of the conveyor belt output are going to be the one to say it.

Comment

Anyone set up a fantasy league for the 6 nations

Comment

Comment

I’m in the Irish Times one.

Comment

Is there any chance Italy will get a referee's decision in this game???

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                        Is there any chance Italy will get a referee's decision in this game???

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                        No, I maintain that Wales get more refereeing decisions at the millennium stadium than any other team at any other ground.

Comment

Italy have added some nice touches to their game, but they makes so many errors they must be so frustrating to coach. Wales doing not much more than taking the opportunities that come gift wrapped on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                            Italy have added some nice touches to their game, but they makes so many errors they must be so frustrating to coach. Wales doing not much more than taking the opportunities that come gift wrapped on a regular basis.
                            Agree, Wales have looked fairly average for most of the match. Their scrum and defensive width is very poor.
                            Last edited by Mumhain; 1st-February-2020, 14:46.

Comment

France to win today... Allez Les Bleus.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                                France to win today... Allez Les Bleus.
                                Have same sneaking feeling-

Comment

Working...
                                X