Belt out Amhrán na bFhiann tomorrow !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt out Amhrán na bFhiann tomorrow !

Tomorrow, at 5:25pm it will finally be time to put aside the hype machine and give the team and the stadium a rendition like they've never heard.

Apart from all else, this will be a match between old rivals Ireland and England played at a stadium that is, at once, magnificent, old, historic and IRISH!

This will NOT the time to sing the anthem with the usual Lansdowne reticence and reserve. Whatever you feel about the anthem's origins, tradition or words,there is no doubt that, sung well, it is a real rouser.

What an opportunity to let the teams know who's at home and how you feel about it.

Do we want our team to win? Then belt it out until you Croak.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Originally posted by blackwarrior

Until you Croke, surely?
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Proper order. I can't wait to sing it. Have done it countless times at Croke Park but this one will be extra special. I hate the way some yahoos at GAA matches can't respect A na B and let other people sing it before they yelp and roar when they have 70 minutes ahead where they can do that, and it seems to be getting earlier in the song every year, but I don't think that willl occur tomorrow as it doesn't happen in rugby, or even soccer. And I hope, and expect, that GSTQ will be shown the respect it deserves, and that all this media-driven hotair about anthems is put to bed for good and we never have to hear about it again.
      Unrepentant Langer

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior

Tomorrow, at 5:25pm it will finally be time to put aside the hype machine and give the team and the stadium a rendition like they've never heard.

Apart from all else, this will be a match between old rivals Ireland and England played at a stadium that is, at once, magnificent, old, historic and IRISH!

This will NOT the time to sing the anthem with the usual Lansdowne reticence and reserve. Whatever you feel about the anthem's origins, tradition or words,there is no doubt that, sung well, it is a real rouser.

What an opportunity to let the teams know who's at home and how you feel about it.

Well i want Ireland to win but shan't be partaking in it's singing for obvious reasons. I will however be singing Ireland's Call outas loud as possibleand likewise i hope everyone else will also. C'mon Ireland!!!!!!!

Comment

Fair enough, belt out Amhran na bhFiann. But for the sake of peace on this small isle, will ye stand for GSTQ? Just like ye would for any other national anthem.

Oh, and any of ye who managed to get tickets, may ye burn in hell ye cUUts [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you see a green and white checked flag on the telly wave to me!

Its uncle skib!

GWAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
              If you see a green and white checked flag on the telly wave to me!

Its uncle skib!

GWAN!!
              Oh yeah, rub it in...

Comment

Who fears to speak at ten past eight.
                Time for your medicine.

Comment

Working...
                X