Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what happens next?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

    And D'Arcy blames Munster!!
    Schmidt derangement syndrome
    I am the million man.

    Comment


      The Best piece above provides some fascinating insights in how the attention to detail that served Joe so well became megalomania- and how little role (or encouragement there was ) for their own views as top class professional players. Best still being the humble punishment and blame taking guy- despite knowing where it lies.

      Comment


        Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
        The Best piece above provides some fascinating insights in how the attention to detail that served Joe so well became megalomania- and how little role (or encouragement there was ) for their own views as top class professional players. Best still being the humble punishment and blame taking guy- despite knowing where it lies.
        Micromanaging is bloody wearying. His top generals told him stop doing something and it lasted what? 2 or 3 games and he was doing it again? That's going to grate players, workers, anyone.

        He stayed on too long, thanks for the memories.
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          The Best piece above provides some fascinating insights in how the attention to detail that served Joe so well became megalomania- and how little role (or encouragement there was ) for their own views as top class professional players. Best still being the humble punishment and blame taking guy- despite knowing where it lies.
          I'd be more impressed if he said it to Joe at the time. He was the captain.
          "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

          Comment


            Originally posted by Sulla View Post

            One over 30 who didn’t get a contract was Donnacha Ryan, as D’Arcy said this week that was one that got away
            To be honest, i'm one of the people that agreed with that decision, his age cut against him, his injury profile wasn't good at that time, and IIRC he didn't play for Racing until December or January of that season due to injury, so it looked justified. Now, has he been superb since he got there but hindsight is 20/20. It is too bad they couldn't find a way to keep him in ireland, but Racing made a large offer and Munster couldn't match w/o help from the IRFU, which is something i would like to see instead of central contracts for the big name guys. The Welsh do that, right, with the region picking up some and the WRU topping it up ? I think that could be a good way going forward to spread the money available around to more players instead of the IRFU doling out big money to a select number of guys and essentially mandating that they get selected.

            Comment


              Sad as I was to see Donnacha go, fully agree with Finnegan, age and alternatives made it a hard choice for IRFU, Racing offering (which I Hope was) big money made it an easy on for him.

              Comment


                Plus Donncha wanted to experience playing overseas too
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                  Sad as I was to see Donnacha go, fully agree with Finnegan, age and alternatives made it a hard choice for IRFU, Racing offering (which I Hope was) big money made it an easy on for him.
                  I was as well, he was one of those players who functions as the fiery heart of a team; always gives everything he has on the day and can influence a game thru sheer will. Had he been a few years younger, I have zero doubt a central contract would have been forthcoming from the IRFU. If reports are accurate and his deal with Rcaing is up at the end of the season, and he is still in good shape, I'd be thrilled if Munster brought him back on a 2-3 year deal to close out his career. I don't think Racing is going to extend big money to someone his age, but i feel he has some serious rugby still left in him.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                    I was as well, he was one of those players who functions as the fiery heart of a team; always gives everything he has on the day and can influence a game thru sheer will. Had he been a few years younger, I have zero doubt a central contract would have been forthcoming from the IRFU. If reports are accurate and his deal with Rcaing is up at the end of the season, and he is still in good shape, I'd be thrilled if Munster brought him back on a 2-3 year deal to close out his career. I don't think Racing is going to extend big money to someone his age, but i feel he has some serious rugby still left in him.
                    Would love to see him back too, but on the other hand if it’s blocking Fineen, or O Connor or someone who has more years left, would prefer it didn’t happen-

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                      Would love to see him back too, but on the other hand if it’s blocking Fineen, or O Connor or someone who has more years left, would prefer it didn’t happen-
                      Or Snyman happening.
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        He might pitch up at Leinster
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                          He might pitch up at Leinster
                          We’d better change our line out codes

                          Comment


                            For me, as perhaps for other Irish rugby supporters, the most disappointing mistake of (Joe Schmidt's coaching of Ireland at) the world cup was the lack of rotation, rest and selection of the ~ same Irish 23 for consecutive games @RWC'19.

                            There was no excuse for this, as this was a key reason Ireland had underperformed under JS at RWC 15. As it was for team Ireland at RWCs '07, '03, etc, etc, etc

                            i.e. despite all the fuppin analysis, preparation, resources, squad building,etc,etc Ireland just repeated the same stupid mistake that Ireland had made at several RWCs previously i.e. over playing top line players, not allowing enough time for full recovery of players, and not selecting in form squad players in their place against lower ranked teams.

                            And there was no excuse for this @RWC19, as there was an abundance of good deputies at front row, centre and back 3 in particular , yet this stuck in a rut coach just kept picking unrecovered front line players, overloaded them with info in another high intensity training/test week, and expected them to perform optimally e.g. 6 days after a previous test in high humidity. This was both very avoidable and stupid imho.

                            e.g. Who thought Ireland really needed the tired top XV v Samoa , when they were going to face a 14 days rested NZ just 7 days later. (And this was already after Ireland had visibly struggled to recover after a good performance v Scotland. This was a rudimentary error of a coach under pressure imho and it cost Ireland dearly at RWC'19



                            p.s. the fact that Nucifera's (CYA) report does not even highlight this as a major issue for the Irish squad at RWC '19 is a further indictment of the deluded nature of some at the top of Irish rugby currently.

                            p.p.s. "Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them."
                            ____________________________________________
                            Munster were great when they were Munster.

                            alas they are just north munster now.......
                            ____________________________________________

                            Comment


                              Cooney says he was told his defence was the reason he wasn’t picked for Ireland for the RWC, (and didn’t even get a shot in a warm up game).

                              If anything tells you what was wrong with Schmidt’s selection policy, it’s that he was picking his scrum halves on the basis of their ability to defend.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                                For me, as perhaps for other Irish rugby supporters, the most disappointing mistake of (Joe Schmidt's coaching of Ireland at) the world cup was the lack of rotation, rest and selection of the ~ same Irish 23 for consecutive games @RWC'19.

                                There was no excuse for this, as this was a key reason Ireland had underperformed under JS at RWC 15. As it was for team Ireland at RWCs '07, '03, etc, etc, etc

                                i.e. despite all the fuppin analysis, preparation, resources, squad building,etc,etc Ireland just repeated the same stupid mistake that Ireland had made at several RWCs previously i.e. over playing top line players, not allowing enough time for full recovery of players, and not selecting in form squad players in their place against lower ranked teams.

                                And there was no excuse for this @RWC19, as there was an abundance of good deputies at front row, centre and back 3 in particular , yet this stuck in a rut coach just kept picking unrecovered front line players, overloaded them with info in another high intensity training/test week, and expected them to perform optimally e.g. 6 days after a previous test in high humidity. This was both very avoidable and stupid imho.

                                e.g. Who thought Ireland really needed the tired top XV v Samoa , when they were going to face a 14 days rested NZ just 7 days later. (And this was already after Ireland had visibly struggled to recover after a good performance v Scotland. This was a rudimentary error of a coach under pressure imho and it cost Ireland dearly at RWC'19



                                p.s. the fact that Nucifera's (CYA) report does not even highlight this as a major issue for the Irish squad at RWC '19 is a further indictment of the deluded nature of some at the top of Irish rugby currently.

                                p.p.s. "Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them."
                                I wonder whether it is also time to review Nucifora’s role. He will be in his role six years next year, and the game has continued to change over that period. We have also had two very disappointing RWC campaigns. I am not doing dog whistle stuff, saying that he should go etc etc., but there seems to me very little, other than dark murmurings about his influence on player movement, scrutiny/ review/ discussion of what the pluses and minuses have been, and whether aspects of the role need to change for the next however many years he is contracted for.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X