Farrell Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

That is not what I am saying. All 4 province should be training their players from the youngest age upwards to up skill to the level that is required.

Ideally all provinces should have the passing ability and understanding of angles etc to move the ball as well as the Japanese/All Black players and do that for their provinces. This makes it a lot easier to do so at international level.
    Ah stop. All rugby players should have passing ability. Would you advocate them carrying a protractor to better understand these fiendish angles?

p.s. Joe failed spectacularly at 2 world cups. He failed to innovate in selection and tactics. IJWT my arse!

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

And? Wales didn't have that and they're better than us too. NZ work properly to align what the Super sides are doing with the aims of the ABs, and that works fine.
      Ok then. France. And England. An Australia. And South Africa. All capable of more with the ball in hand than us, none of them with more player access.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I’m not in the slightest optimistic about Farrels reign. He probably deserves an opportunity, but is coming to this with no head coach experience, no attack experience, no forwards experience.

His career has been hugely influenced by Joe, and he needs to be able to keep the positives and remove the negatives of joes approach.

I don’t think he can add the sharpness and evolution of approach that is needed for us to compete but he deserves time to try.

From what I’ve seen of Munster so far I would
        like to see Larkham involved at some stage and wouldn’t be surprised if he took over from Farrell down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          I’m not in the slightest optimistic about Farrels reign. He probably deserves an opportunity, but is coming to this with no head coach experience, no attack experience, no forwards experience.

His career has been hugely influenced by Joe, and he needs to be able to keep the positives and remove the negatives of joes approach.

I don’t think he can add the sharpness and evolution of approach that is needed for us to compete but he deserves time to try.

From what I’ve seen of Munster so far I would
          like to see Larkham involved at some stage and wouldn’t be surprised if he took over from Farrell down the road.
          I don't disagree, but he did work with Lancaster for a number of years as well, and did time under Gatland with the Lions. They may have had a bit of influence as well. I am optimistic to an extent; when we see the squad announcement for the 6N we'll know a good bit more. When he names his team for the Scotland game, we'll have a good sense of how quickly he will transition away from the older players who have been out of form. For me, it has to happen straight away. How many more prime years of these younger guys are they going to waste ?

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

I don't disagree, but he did work with Lancaster for a number of years as well, and did time under Gatland with the Lions. They may have had a bit of influence as well. I am optimistic to an extent; when we see the squad announcement for the 6N we'll know a good bit more. When he names his team for the Scotland game, we'll have a good sense of how quickly he will transition away from the older players who have been out of form. For me, it has to happen straight away. How many more prime years of these younger guys are they going to waste ?

lots of talk about Lancaster of late. Am I wrong to say his record as a head coach includes no six nations win and the only host country to not get out of their group in the RWC?

Farrell has a lot to get right before the Scotland game which is in 14 weeks, and very little squad time to do it.
            His defense was torn apart in japan and needs a lot of work, but he can’t spend all his time on defense.

Things could get a lot worse before they get better.

Comment

lots of talk about Lancaster of late. Am I wrong to say his record as a head coach includes no six nations win and the only host country to not get out of their group in the RWC?

Farrell has a lot to get right before the Scotland game which is in 14 weeks, and very little squad time to do it.
              His defense was torn apart in japan and needs a lot of work, but he can’t spend all his time on defense.

Things could get a lot worse before they get better.
              But Lar,

Lancasteinster
              I am the million man.

Comment

One of his first jobs is to try to get Marmion to stay in Ireland. Reportedly considering a move to Saracens after being shafted for the RWC. I wouldn’t blame him but I hope he stays. Very good SH and has done a job for Ireland on some big days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  But Lar,

Lancasteinster
                  Leincastertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    One of his first jobs is to try to get Marmion to stay in Ireland. Reportedly considering a move to Saracens after being shafted for the RWC. I wouldn’t blame him but I hope he stays. Very good SH and has done a job for Ireland on some big days.
                    Not sure. He will be 28 when Ireland play next- while he absolutely should have gone to Japan- JGP qualifying, Cooney, Blade, McCarthy (although convinced), Casey, etc all in the frame over the next four years, I wonder whether he is essential to keep- though I hope he does stay.

Comment

He should have moved to Leinster years ago. Then he would be centrally contracted, on big money and have a (brief) Japanese stamp on his passport.

Im not sure how much Connacht will be offering him to stay, blade looks a good prospect, and after next weekend Sarries might not be in a position to sign anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Not sure. He will be 28 when Ireland play next- while he absolutely should have gone to Japan- JGP qualifying, Cooney, Blade, McCarthy (although convinced), Casey, etc all in the frame over the next four years, I wonder whether he is essential to keep- though I hope he does stay.
                        Essential, probably not, but he is currently one of our two best alternatives to Murray, and the only one who has done anything of significance at international level. At 27 he’s in his prime.

Look at it this way: he’s started a win over the ABs and a win over England in a GS decider. How many Irish scrum halves have done that ever?

I think his treatment was disgraceful and sent out a terrible message.

Comment

Essential, probably not, but he is currently one of our two best alternatives to Murray, and the only one who has done anything of significance at international level. At 27 he’s in his prime.

Look at it this way: he’s started a win over the ABs and a win over England in a GS decider. How many Irish scrum halves have done that ever?

I think his treatment was disgraceful and sent out a terrible message.
                          Was it any different to Toner being dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Was it any different to Toner being dropped?
                            Yea, because Kleyn is playing better than toner and marmion is playing better than McGrath.

Comment

Yea, because Kleyn is playing better than toner and marmion is playing better than McGrath.
                              So was Cooney to be frank
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                So was Cooney to be frank
                                Yep, and you can be whoever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X