No announcement yet.

Ireland v Wales the decider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The back row is the question given St Joe won’t pick the form loose head, Killer, over Healy, and Beirne has obviously pissed on his cornflakes. How fit Leavy might be is the question but he is one hell of a player. POM to 7, Ruddock 6 is my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
      Wales are a limited team who have gotten this far through a strong mentality rather than talent, it could even be argued they've been outplayed in 3 out of their 4 games so far and were probably the least impressive of any side over Italy. I could see the dam breaking and them getting crushed if we get off to a good start, they won't be able to live with us. Should be a nice finale in the competition for Joe and Best.
      Unfortunately I have no confidence in Scotland over England so we'll have to be satisfied with 2nd place.
      Classic Dowlinz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
        Wales are a limited team who have gotten this far through a strong mentality rather than talent, it could even be argued they've been outplayed in 3 out of their 4 games so far and were probably the least impressive of any side over Italy. I could see the dam breaking and them getting crushed if we get off to a good start, they won't be able to live with us. Should be a nice finale in the competition for Joe and Best.
        Unfortunately I have no confidence in Scotland over England so we'll have to be satisfied with 2nd place.

Wales do to us what we do to NZ. They can nullify our strengths fairly easily and like Ireland they play a game based on making few errors and being very disciplined.

​​​​​
        Get off to a good start and it will put them under pressure. The pressure is off Ireland because the players know Scotland will not beat England so all the pressure will be on Wales.

A defeat would look bad for Schmidt.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          The back row is the question given St Joe won’t pick the form loose head, Killer, over Healy, and Beirne has obviously pissed on his cornflakes. How fit Leavy might be is the question but he is one hell of a player. POM to 7, Ruddock 6 is my prediction.
          You surely cant be claiming killer is the better prop at the moment compared to Healy?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a suspicion SOB will get a last 6N hurrah- Cardiff will be a place for experienced heads- POM is an outstanding 6, and while he covered 7 well enough, that’s a handy on field repair, but not a way to start a game. There hasn’t been any press mention of Toner- that I’ve seen- other than that (and Marion?, though coney might just have the inside track now) I would say we will start, and bench, our likely WC selection.

Comment

We have an extra triple room booked for Friday and Saturday night at Travelodge in centre of Cardiff if anyone is interested. Please pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Munster Mojo View Post
                Joe has never won a game in Cardiff & with Wales going for a grand slam this will be a big ask & we’ll need to improve again from yesterday to pull it off.

On another note Franno said on the radio this evening that we could have the unusual situation of Wales winning a grand slam but not the championship if England beat Scotland with a bp. Even when corrected that this wouldn’t be the case he was still arguing the point. Now it would be bad enough not to know this information as a casual observer but for someone getting paid to write & analyse the championship to not know something as basic as that is just ridiculous.
                It is crazy that he didn't know the correct information especially when organisers where key to point out that scenario is impossible due to bonus points for winning Slam.

Comment

The 42/Murray Kinsella (so fairly reliable) are reporting that Beirne is set to start! Henderson likely out injured and SOB straight back into the starting line up. I think that will mean Leavy is on the bench along with Dillane.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    You surely cant be claiming killer is the better prop at the moment compared to Healy?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                    Killer has had an excellent tournament, he consistently out carries Healy and has been much more destructive in the scrum as we saw last weekend.

Comment

One thing in Ireland’s favour, unlike 2017 and 2015 is Wayne Barnes isn’t the referee. His interpretations, especially at the breakdown, do not suit Joeball at all. I really do think Ireland will sneak this.

Comment

Originally posted by aedanknight View Post
                        The 42/Murray Kinsella (so fairly reliable) are reporting that Beirne is set to start! Henderson likely out injured and SOB straight back into the starting line up. I think that will mean Leavy is on the bench along with Dillane.

Beirne will spook the Welsh. They know how good he is and fear him.

Comment

One thing in Ireland’s favour, unlike 2017 and 2015 is Wayne Barnes isn’t the referee. His interpretations, especially at the breakdown, do not suit Joeball at all. I really do think Ireland will sneak this.
                          Against that Welsh defence quick ball will be key. If they’re allowed to slow it down they’ll reset and rush up hard all day long. Need to keep pummelling them around the fringes and recycling quickly until they get a bit thin further out.

Comment

Killer has had an excellent tournament, he consistently out carries Healy and has been much more destructive in the scrum as we saw last weekend.
                            Have to say that Heally has been great so far.
                            But then Kilcoyne coming on to run wreck.
                            That's some combination.
                            Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

Beirne will spook the Welsh. They know how good he is and fear him.
                              Not sure he will. They do know him but fear him? Im not sure. He hasnt really imposed himself at this level so dont think Welsh players will fear him regardless of how well his stint in Wales went

Comment

Has everyone forgotten this is the taffs going for a grand slam in Cardiff?

They're gonna lay into Ireland sans foreplay or compliments, the red tsunami in the opening minutes will be mental stuff.

Whole ground bawling at their anthem
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X