Ireland v Wales the decider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
    What are the chances a Sexton loop breaks the line against Parkes and Davies?
    Unlikely but hopefully it helps put Ringrose on the outside of Davies for a try

Comment

I think we are better than the Welsh by a good bit and if it were in Dublin we would win, home advantage and more to play for may well make up for Wales' shortcomings though. I think they might squeeze it because of this. Massive test for us though, would love to see Cooney and Carty come on with the game in the boiling pot,

Comment

Joe has never won a game in Cardiff & with Wales going for a grand slam this will be a big ask & we’ll need to improve again from yesterday to pull it off.

On another note Franno said on the radio this evening that we could have the unusual situation of Wales winning a grand slam but not the championship if England beat Scotland with a bp. Even when corrected that this wouldn’t be the case he was still arguing the point. Now it would be bad enough not to know this information as a casual observer but for someone getting paid to write & analyse the championship to not know something as basic as that is just ridiculous.
        Last edited by Munster Mojo; 11th-March-2019, 23:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
          I think we are better than the Welsh by a good bit and if it were in Dublin we would win, home advantage and more to play for may well make up for Wales' shortcomings though. I think they might squeeze it because of this. Massive test for us though, would love to see Cooney and Carty come on with the game in the boiling pot,
          I hope your not basing that on our last meeting with them where with home advantage we were leading by only 3 points with 80 minutes on the clock.....

Comment

Originally posted by Munster Mojo View Post
            Joe has never won a game in Cardiff & with Wales going for a grand slam this will be a big ask & we’ll need to improve again from yesterday to pull it off.

On another note Franno said on the radio this evening that we could have the unusual situation of Wales winning a grand slam but not the championship if England beat Scotland with a bp. Even when corrected that this wouldn’t be the case he was still arguing the point. Now it would be bad enough not to know this information as a casual observer but for someone getting paid to write & analyse the championship to not know something as basic as that is just ridiculous.
            Franno is a moron and shame on you for not throwing your radio out the window the moment you heard his voice. I place all the blame in this situation on you and I have placed you on probation until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

Franno is a moron and shame on you for not throwing your radio out the window the moment you heard his voice. I place all the blame in this situation on you and I have placed you on probation until further notice.
              I think your onto something (for a change) anyone who references franno should be given a few days on the bold step.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

I think your onto something (for a change) anyone who references franno should be given a few days on the bold step.
                How dare you! I'm always onto something, just not necessarily anything sane.

Comment

Wales are a limited team who have gotten this far through a strong mentality rather than talent, it could even be argued they've been outplayed in 3 out of their 4 games so far and were probably the least impressive of any side over Italy. I could see the dam breaking and them getting crushed if we get off to a good start, they won't be able to live with us. Should be a nice finale in the competition for Joe and Best.
                  Unfortunately I have no confidence in Scotland over England so we'll have to be satisfied with 2nd place.

Comment

I think it'll be unbelievably tough and a victory in Cardiff is possible but not likely. Wales are dogged and limited but are superb defensively and have everything to play for at home.

There's little or no chance of us winning the championship. Failing to earn bonus points against England and Scotland killed that notion.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                      Wales are a limited team who have gotten this far through a strong mentality rather than talent, it could even be argued they've been outplayed in 3 out of their 4 games so far and were probably the least impressive of any side over Italy. I could see the dam breaking and them getting crushed if we get off to a good start, they won't be able to live with us. Should be a nice finale in the competition for Joe and Best.
                      Unfortunately I have no confidence in Scotland over England so we'll have to be satisfied with 2nd place.
                      Well, that’s us doomed. The Dowlinz kiss of death.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
                        What are the chances a Sexton loop breaks the line against Parkes and Davies?
                        There was a lot of variation from the normal loop, Aki ran a straight dummy line and Larmour did the same, it came off so well cos because of Ringrose's timing forced Jonny to accelerate into the pass but they had the un-needed option of a loop pass to Earlsie, great try.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

How dare you! I'm always on something.

Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                            I think it'll be unbelievably tough and a victory in Cardiff is possible but not likely. Wales are dogged and limited but are superb defensively and have everything to play for at home.

There's little or no chance of us winning the championship. Failing to earn bonus points against England and Scotland killed that notion.
                            Not to worry, Mig, at least we'll have the Raeburn.

Comment

Of course, if Wales win on Saturday, they will overtake Ireland and go second with Ireland dropping to third.

If England beat Scotland, they will not gain any points and can overtake neither Ireland nor Wales unless Ireland win by 15 or more in which case they will go third with Wales dropping to fourth.
                              Last edited by Piquet; 12th-March-2019, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                Of course, if Wales win on Saturday, they will overtake Ireland and go second with Ireland dropping to third.

If England beat Scotland, they will not gain any points and can overtake neither Ireland nor Wales unless Ireland win by 15 or more in which case they will go third with Wales dropping to fourth.
                                Here’s to a win by fewer than 15 points then

Comment

Working...
                                X