• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland v Wales the decider

So after today.
    What are the chances of an upset?
    If and it's a big if and we beat Wales.
    England pretty much have the championship tied up though!
    Bar Scots doing a Braveheart
    Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Scotland haven't won in twickenham since 1983

They wouldn't bate snow off a rope. Their pack is about as fearsome as an Indian Head massage, zero hard men and a leadership and nous deficit

​​​​​​(Awaits Andy Nicol telling us they'll win the RWC this week)
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

They wouldn't bate snow off a rope. Their pack is about as fearsome as an Indian Head massage, zero hard men and a leadership and nous deficit

Unfortunately you are pretty much on the mark there.
      But how are we going to roll against the Welsh?

Comment

Aside from Hamish Watson who made a huge impact when he came on.

Comment

Originally posted by onthe 22 View Post

Unfortunately you are pretty much on the mark there.
          But how are we going to roll against the Welsh?
          Very hard to call but Ive more optimism than confidence (if that makes sense)

Wales won't give Ireland time on the ball like they got today, they'll jump against our lineout as well

Liam Williams would be a huge loss, they're on a roll and they'll be much better than France were today.

Wales playing in Cardiff for a grand slam? They'll go through masonry in those situations. Possessed men in a possessed stadium

Can't wait!
          I am the million man.

Comment

It will be a real test for us- we were out thought and out fought against England- but other than the flat track bully stuff against Italy and France- it’s hard to be sure his good they are. Wales didn’t do any better against Scotland or Italy than we did, and were worse against France. A win on Saturday there when they have so much to play for would be a great of ending a 6N they began so badly. I couldn’t care less about the championship. Just a win and no injuries will do me.

Comment

So let’s beat the Welsh and hope the scots have a good start. Will they let us hang around to watch it in the big screen if we beat them like 2015?

Comment

Wales won't give Ireland time on the ball like they got today, they'll jump against our lineout as well

Liam Williams would be a huge loss, they're on a roll and they'll be much better than France were today.

Wales playing in Cardiff for a grand slam? They'll go through masonry in those situations. Possessed men in a possessed stadium

Can't wait!
                Pretty much nailed it there.
                ​​​​​​Given the modern way of analyzing the daylights out of every match.
                Can we deal with everything that Gatso has planned
                To be honest it's where the real battle is.
                Schmitt v Gatland
                We know on the pro 14 stage it's Ireland every time
                But on the national battlefield that rational doesn't apply.

Comment

Can't wait!
                  Halfpenny could come in and he is not a big step down from Williams.

Wales will kick a lot more than France, and kicked better than England when they played each other.

England exploited us out wide and with their back 3 you can be sure wales will try to do the same.

Wales are on a great run of wins, but a lot of their wins against top teams have been very tight on the scoreboard so a the bench could play a big role, and impact from the bench could swing what should be a tight affair.

I think home advantage, massive home support and an incredible atmosphere will get them over the line.

Gardner is the man in the middle for whatever difference that makes

Comment

It will be a banger. I'm a lot happier going into it after yesterday's outing, but Wales still have to be favourites to Slam I think. Home advantage, a long winning streak, confidence after the victory over England. They'll be very hard to beat there.

I'm not sure I can analyse it much beyond that. One of the things about how England played this year is that you can't really see how other teams would set their stall out against different opposition. Wales countered the England game effectively, but I'm not sure that's a predictor of how they'll play against us.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Wales will kick the sh1te out of the ball, they'll target Earls and Stockdale, (and Lamour, if playing), We need to do what we do the best, hold on to the ball, frustrate, wear them down.

Wales have only 9 tries, same as Italy and France, no BP's, it's their defence that has them out front.
                      Last edited by Sulla; 11th-March-2019, 09:58.
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        Wales will kick the sh1te out of the ball, they'll target Earls and Stockdale, (and Lamour, if playing), We need to do what we do the best, hold on to the ball, frustrate, wear them down.

Wales have only 9 tries, same as Italy and France, no BP's, it's their defence that has them out front.
                        Hopefully Ireland continue the good variation shown the first half yesterday too because battering 1 out runners into the pack will get us nowhere. AWJ and Navidi both very good over the ball.

Wales will be far far better than the stupid french were yesterday.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

What are the chances a Sexton loop breaks the line against Parkes and Davies?

Comment

Can't wait!
                            Ireland by 4
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
                              What are the chances a Sexton loop breaks the line against Parkes and Davies?
                              Slender enough I suppose
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                              X