Clear All

• Ron Swanson
    replied
    Sad story JD, professionalism does take some of the joy out of sport I feel

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Clermont, alas, have never won the European Cup in any of its incarnations.
    Sorry! Top 14!

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

How are Dax doing in the Pro D2, JN? I haven't heard anything about them for a while
    Dax... Hahaha, Dax.... Last year, a member of the supervisory board of the club, ex international in the 70s, declared, in substance, that only those who pay can express what they think., can criticize how the club goes.
    You have to know that USD has been on the toboggan downstairs since more than a decade, and naturally, the supporters could not be happy with the situation.Imagine...12 years ago, Dax promoted in the Top14 after a victory in final against... La Rochelle. La Rochelle belongs today to the top and most attractive teams in France, when Dax, finally, logically, play nowadays in the first amateur league... (Third division).
    I do not live in Dax. I have been only a decades long supporter (Began when I was a child in the late 60s). I am not a sponsor, I couldn't go there every two weeks without becoming some kind of no life supporter, and add to this that the ProD2 fixtures on Friday night was the final obstacle to be in the stands. So I did not financially contribute, that's true. Only took a small part in the life of the club of the net because even this could not be done correctly by it.
    So as I read what the SB member declared, I decided to leave definitively. This is typical of what the french professional rugby became: Pay or shut-up! I always considered that a team blongs to a population, to a ity, to a region, to a community.Professionalism "à la française" introduced a new notion: Club belongs to a clan and to those who cough up the dough. I never read such things here or in the irish medias, even when the team went through a difficult transition after the golden generation. I found here some respect I do not find in France anymore.
    I keep my nickname here in respect and faithfullness for my sooner rugbystic family Allezdax.com, but actually, if I may, if Munster and irish rugby allow it to me, despeite it's hard to me for different kinds of reason to go to Cork, Limerick or Dublin, I am now fully and exclusivelly an irish supporter. I have nothing to do anymore with what happens in France now.
    But let's come back to the 6N, Dax is not interresting object of debate anymore. Sorry for the parenthesis.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
    Truthfully, France offered very little and shot themselves in the foot a lot, that being said this is just what we needed, a chance to build some form and confidence. We should have been a lot further ahead by HT but the ref didnt want to produce a yellow. Losing the second half is again a worry (although the multiple subs cant help with cohesion) but overall a positive outing.

The pack fronted up well, 2nd rows went very well, Pom classy again and CJ reminded us of what we were missing. Murray was better but Spiffy made a good point re his lack of breaking, maybe he is carrying something. Sexton was much improved, Aki his usual busy self, Ringrose was the best player on the pitch, we are a completely different team with him, he looks to have so much time on the ball, all of his involvements are positive, hes the best possible replacement for BOD we could have hoped for and is truly world class. Earls and Stockdale dangerous as always, would love them to see more of the ball.

Larmour did very well for a wet track and finding out so late that he was playing. He had a lot of positive involvements in attack, his kick led to the field position for Bests try, his break ditto for Sextons try, that run in the 2nd half, brings me so much joy to see that from out 15, you just know he ll beat people if he plays at 15. I dont like the phrase 'terrorises defences' but that is exactly what he does, defenders are terrified of him. His stats were pretty good for meters ran and defenders beaten, I wonder has he done enough? He also creates space for those around him by attracting defenders see Sextons try.
    Agree with all that. But you just know that Joe will have Kearney in again next week against Wales if he is fit - despite Kearney's very poor defensive record of missing many key tackles in games over the past couple of seasons. This could cost us the match next week, with players like Davies, North, Adams running hard at him.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Larmour did well tbf, it may have suited him that the French didn’t know until late that he was starting because they may have targeted him with some high balls.
    They'd have to touch the ball first.

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied
    Truthfully, France offered very little and shot themselves in the foot a lot, that being said this is just what we needed, a chance to build some form and confidence. We should have been a lot further ahead by HT but the ref didnt want to produce a yellow. Losing the second half is again a worry (although the multiple subs cant help with cohesion) but overall a positive outing.

The pack fronted up well, 2nd rows went very well, Pom classy again and CJ reminded us of what we were missing. Murray was better but Spiffy made a good point re his lack of breaking, maybe he is carrying something. Sexton was much improved, Aki his usual busy self, Ringrose was the best player on the pitch, we are a completely different team with him, he looks to have so much time on the ball, all of his involvements are positive, hes the best possible replacement for BOD we could have hoped for and is truly world class. Earls and Stockdale dangerous as always, would love them to see more of the ball.

Larmour did very well for a wet track and finding out so late that he was playing. He had a lot of positive involvements in attack, his kick led to the field position for Bests try, his break ditto for Sextons try, that run in the 2nd half, brings me so much joy to see that from out 15, you just know he ll beat people if he plays at 15. I dont like the phrase 'terrorises defences' but that is exactly what he does, defenders are terrified of him. His stats were pretty good for meters ran and defenders beaten, I wonder has he done enough? He also creates space for those around him by attracting defenders see Sextons try.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post

In the 70s-80s and beginning of the 90s, I was a real french rugby supporter, that was my culture. But since professionalism came, I can't afford it anymore...
    How are Dax doing in the Pro D2, JN? I haven't heard anything about them for a while

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I know- and I’m always delighted to read your posts- I grew up watching JP Rives, and in admiration of the most stylish rugby the world.
    In the 70s-80s and beginning of the 90s, I was a real french rugby supporter, that was my culture. But since professionalism came, I can't afford it anymore...

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied

I write that as I remember the many occasions WE had to score and we missed, and, as you say, as I remember the end of the game when the effort felt a bit.
    PS: Don't forget I asked for rugbystic asylum more than a decade ago and that I have been since this time a total Munster and irish rugby supporter.
    I know- and I’m always delighted to read your posts- I grew up watching JP Rives, and in admiration of the most stylish rugby the world.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Good to see Kearney get dropped for once, but with wales kicking the ball as much as anyone I can see rob back at 15 next week and probably rightly so.

That said, if larmour starts and doesn’t go great it would be worth it long term for the learnings.

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Is this your way saying thank you for the two tries at the end? Seriously, and it gives me no pleasure to say it, but this is I think the worst French team I have seen in my lifetime.
    I write that as I remember the many occasions WE had to score and we missed, and, as you say, as I remember the end of the game when the effort felt a bit.
    PS: Don't forget I asked for rugbystic asylum more than a decade ago and that I have been since this time a total Munster and irish rugby supporter.
    Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 10th-March-2019, 19:18.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Today, the irish XV showed why Ireland is so appreciated, why people there are so hospitable, so friendly, so humble, so decent, so discret (excepted in pubs maybe... )... If the Greens had been dressed in white, France would have gone home with heavy 50pts suitcases.... Was a whole league difference today, as there was in Twicks between England and France. But Irishmen are not Englishmen and that's one of the (many) things that made them so nice (Does not mean I do not appreciate England by a lot of aspect... ).
    Is this your way saying thank you for the two tries at the end? Seriously, and it gives me no pleasure to say it, but this is I think the worst French team I have seen in my lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    Well we won against France. I'm old enough to remember that being an unusual occurrence. Now lets move on to Wales and bury them!

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    I am concerned that the Murray/ Sexton relationship is a bit dysfunctional. The body language between the two of them is really poor. It could work well for Munster as I have a feeling Murray will be delighted to be away from camp Joe, however it is not good for Ireland’s RWC bid if the half backs aren’t getting on.

Leave a comment:

• JN.Allezdax.com
    replied
    Today, the irish XV showed why Ireland is so appreciated, why people there are so hospitable, so friendly, so humble, so decent, so discret (excepted in pubs maybe... )... If the Greens had been dressed in white, France would have gone home with heavy 50pts suitcases.... Was a whole league difference today, as there was in Twicks between England and France. But Irishmen are not Englishmen and that's one of the (many) things that made them so nice (Does not mean I do not appreciate England by a lot of aspect... ).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X