No announcement yet.

6N RD4 IRELAND v FRANCE Sunday Mar10 15.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad for Best getting that try in his last home 6 nations game.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

After all our possession and dominance, France won the second half 14-7.
      Someone above mentioned that we look way too rigid in attack. They're dead right. We rely too much on set plays and look impotent in the opposition's 22. Our backs are wasted at times.

Listening to the panel they must have been watching a different game. Yeah the first half was good but the second half was very poor. We're blessed that we have such a dominant pack because they get us over the line time and time again.

On a separate note delighted for Earlsie. Second in the honours list now. I'd give my left nut to see him snatch the record but it's a tough ask.

Comment

Good win for Ireland but very sloppy last 5 min when they let a poor Fance team in for a couple of soft tries. They should have put about about 40 points on them. Need to be more ruthless against Wales. They will not win playing like that.
        Murray still does not look right. He never seems to try a break at all now.
        Cooney/Carty added a bit of zip.
        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
          Replacement front row didn't do themselves any favours in the scrums
          Except for the 5 scrums in a row they sowed it into them on their line and had one of their lads sent off for. More like a mixed bag

Comment

For 60 minutes I thought we played like world number 2, dominanant over a poor France- but we had them in a vice like grip no other 6N team managed. I thought at the time that the mass substitution was clumsy, and likely to disrupt us more than it damaged France.

POM missed a bad tackle for the first try, but the second was poor defending and worse refereeing. I don’t know how the ref could have seen the grounding, but when he checked with the TMO he wanted to check it ‘hadn’t been held up all the way in’- mystyfing decision when there was no video evidence. Thought Carty was ROG like with his kicking- and Cooney had a nice snap about him. Pity the ending just raised a bit of doubt that the first half dispelled.

Was very disappointed that Beirne wasn’t selected, but Henderson and Ryan did very well, as dis Dillane when he came on. Hard to drop any of them for Wales next week. Other than Larmour dodgy positioning and challenge for his first high ball, he did well without much pressure. I would have given Ringrose MOTM- he had a fine game.

win next week and I think we’ll have had some valuable lessons, and maybe learned something’s about ourselves.

Comment

A bit of grace lads. Massive shift in game plan, huge performance, rinsed them.

fair play to Joe and the lads. ****ing awesome.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Larmour did well tbf, it may have suited him that the French didn’t know until late that he was starting because they may have targeted him with some high balls.

Good performance, plenty to work on but it’s good to be in a place where another step up in performance would let us put it up to Wales

Comment

Today, the irish XV showed why Ireland is so appreciated, why people there are so hospitable, so friendly, so humble, so decent, so discret (excepted in pubs maybe... )... If the Greens had been dressed in white, France would have gone home with heavy 50pts suitcases.... Was a whole league difference today, as there was in Twicks between England and France. But Irishmen are not Englishmen and that's one of the (many) things that made them so nice (Does not mean I do not appreciate England by a lot of aspect... ).
                  "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

I am concerned that the Murray/ Sexton relationship is a bit dysfunctional. The body language between the two of them is really poor. It could work well for Munster as I have a feeling Murray will be delighted to be away from camp Joe, however it is not good for Ireland’s RWC bid if the half backs aren’t getting on.

Comment

Well we won against France. I'm old enough to remember that being an unusual occurrence. Now lets move on to Wales and bury them!
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                        Today, the irish XV showed why Ireland is so appreciated, why people there are so hospitable, so friendly, so humble, so decent, so discret (excepted in pubs maybe... )... If the Greens had been dressed in white, France would have gone home with heavy 50pts suitcases.... Was a whole league difference today, as there was in Twicks between England and France. But Irishmen are not Englishmen and that's one of the (many) things that made them so nice (Does not mean I do not appreciate England by a lot of aspect... ).
                        Is this your way saying thank you for the two tries at the end? Seriously, and it gives me no pleasure to say it, but this is I think the worst French team I have seen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Is this your way saying thank you for the two tries at the end? Seriously, and it gives me no pleasure to say it, but this is I think the worst French team I have seen in my lifetime.
                          I write that as I remember the many occasions WE had to score and we missed, and, as you say, as I remember the end of the game when the effort felt a bit.
                          PS: Don't forget I asked for rugbystic asylum more than a decade ago and that I have been since this time a total Munster and irish rugby supporter.
                          Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 10th-March-2019, 20:18.
                          "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Good to see Kearney get dropped for once, but with wales kicking the ball as much as anyone I can see rob back at 15 next week and probably rightly so.

That said, if larmour starts and doesn’t go great it would be worth it long term for the learnings.

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post

I write that as I remember the many occasions WE had to score and we missed, and, as you say, as I remember the end of the game when the effort felt a bit.
                              PS: Don't forget I asked for rugbystic asylum more than a decade ago and that I have been since this time a total Munster and irish rugby supporter.
                              I know- and I’m always delighted to read your posts- I grew up watching JP Rives, and in admiration of the most stylish rugby the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I know- and I’m always delighted to read your posts- I grew up watching JP Rives, and in admiration of the most stylish rugby the world.
                                In the 70s-80s and beginning of the 90s, I was a real french rugby supporter, that was my culture. But since professionalism came, I can't afford it anymore...

Comment

Working...
                                X