No announcement yet.

6N RD4 IRELAND v FRANCE Sunday Mar10 15.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dillane has done nothing wrong and Joe shows faith in you once you do your job so think that’s why he gets the nod, bigger ball carrier too which will be important against a big French pack. Can see Bernie in the squad against the Welsh with a 6 day turn around and sore bodies...

Comment

Originally posted by El Pedro View Post
      Dillane has done nothing wrong and Joe shows faith in you once you do your job so think that’s why he gets the nod, bigger ball carrier too which will be important against a big French pack. Can see Bernie in the squad against the Welsh with a 6 day turn around and sore bodies...
      Hopefully we'll have 23 players who have "done nothing wrong" some day!

Comment

Exactly the selection policy that keeps lads like Heaslip in situ far beyond their prime when fellas like CJ are blowing the doors off every week for their provinces.

Sometimes you have to recognise when a player is just better. Joe’s record in that respect is very patchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Exactly the selection policy that keeps lads like Heaslip in situ far beyond their prime when fellas like CJ are blowing the doors off every week for their provinces.

Sometimes you have to recognise when a player is just better. Joe’s record in that respect is very patchy.
          Was this the same Heaslip who was nominated for World Player of the year in 2016 when he must have been past his prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            FYI. for anyone heading up in't morning, as I am, the DART will not be operating between town and Lansdowne Rd
            It’s a nice walk with plenty of places to stop off for a pint on the way up

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

Was this the same Heaslip who was nominated for World Player of the year in 2016 when he must have been past his prime?
              Have we not established through the ignoring of Tadgh Beirne that nominations of excellence count for nothing and are not a reason to be selected.

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-pr...r-of-the-year/

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

It’s a nice walk with plenty of places to stop off for a pint on the way up
                Indeed it is.

It seems the DART is operating again and given the state of the weather, I think I'll forego the walk.

Comment

Sometimes you have to recognise when a player is just better.
                  Strongly disagree that players should be picked on reputation with form and fitness ignored.

Comment

With the success we’ve had under joe it’s very hard to disagree with his selections tbh. Wouldn’t think Bernie not being picked is the same, he got injured before the 6 nations started, would’ve played otherwise

Comment

With the success we’ve had under joe it’s very hard to disagree with his selections tbh. Wouldn’t think Bernie not being picked is the same, he got injured before the 6 nations started, would’ve played otherwise
                      I'd agree. I've been critical of his use of both Kearneys, as well as aspects of the game plan that I think have underused some of our running ability in the backs.

But he's won three 6 nations, a Grand Slam, beaten the All Blacks twice, won away to South Africa, Number 2 team in the world, 2 Heineken Cups with Leinster (and another with Clermont as assistant).

If he's a **** selector with a limited game plan, he must have some other frankly mystical abilities that are lost on us, or he's the luckiest ****er who ever put on a tracksuit.

Occam's razor suggests he knows what he's doing at this stage - which for me just makes it all the more interesting to see what he'll do to pull the current slump around.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Irfu tweet:

Rob Kearney a late withdrawal.

Jordan Larmour starts at 15 with Andrew Conway added to the replacements at 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

I'd agree. I've been critical of his use of both Kearneys, as well as aspects of the game plan that I think have underused some of our running ability in the backs.

But he's won three 6 nations, a Grand Slam, beaten the All Blacks twice, won away to South Africa, Number 2 team in the world, 2 Heineken Cups with Leinster (and another with Clermont as assistant).

If he's a **** selector with a limited game plan, he must have some other frankly mystical abilities that are lost on us, or he's the luckiest ****er who ever put on a tracksuit.

Occam's razor suggests he knows what he's doing at this stage - which for me just makes it all the more interesting to see what he'll do to pull the current slump around.
                          Totally, and I think the faith he shows in players is repaid to him, but I don’t think anyone would suggest he has made some strange calls over the years, Bernie wouldn’t be one of those yet though, if he had never hurt his knee he’d be starting by now I feel.
                          I think the current dip in performance levels is that the team is trying a bit too hard, I expect it to click big time today

Comment

Clermont, alas, have never won the European Cup in any of its incarnations.

Comment

Simon Zebo in the ITV match studio!
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post
                                Irfu tweet:

Rob Kearney a late withdrawal.

Jordan Larmour starts at 15 with Andrew Conway added to the replacements at 23.

The match has become a little more interesting for me now. The solidity is gone from fullback but the attack has gained a bit. Whether that's good or bad, we'll find out later.

I hope Larmour won't try to beat players every time he gets the ball. He needs to get that balance right but he is fairly solid at the basics though still learning the positional play.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X