Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robinson out, Strettle in

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...nglish/6386745. stm

England wing Jason Robinson has been ruled out of Saturday's game with Ireland because of a neck injury.

Uncapped Harlequins wing David Strettle will take his place.

More to follow

Saw Strettle play at the Stoop against Connacht a few weeks back, looked very dangerous in attack, don't recall how he did defensively (Connacht were very poor and didn't test him much) but he is certainly an exciting runner.

Quite a match for a young lad to play his first ever fullinternational...

Comment

and Wilko..?

the tension..

Comment

Am much more worried about Ireland facing Wilko's kicking than Robinson's running...

Comment

First new cap to be introduced by Ashton. Cueto and Cohen must be history.

My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Snamh

Am much more worried about Ireland facing Wilko's kicking than Robinson's running...

Agreed. Wilko is the talisman of their team. that would be a big big blow for them. Robinson is a loss but not a huge one.
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

<div ="line">
              Robinson to miss Ireland contest
              </div>

England wing Jason Robinson has been ruled out of Saturday's game with Ireland because of a neck injury.

The Sale back suffered the injury in training on Wednesday but has not
              recovered in time for the Six Nations match at Croke Park.

His place will be taken by uncapped Harlequins wing David Strettle.

Fly-half Jonny Wilkinson is also an injury worry after sitting out
              training on Thursday with a tight hamstring - Mike Catt has been called
              up as cover.

Comment

Cohen and Cueto are both crap..apparently this guy has serious gas and is built like Horgan.

If Wilko is out we should win by 10..

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

<!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  window.open = SymWinOpen;
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                  window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Nick Easter v Italy and I'm pretty sure Farrell were debutants under him too.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

Was Nick Easter not a new cap v Italy?

Comment

Strettle is very handy - though I don't know if they'll get him much ball. Don't agree with the general disparaging of Robinson on here. He's not an international XV any more, but from the wing he's still very dangerous.

Glad he's not playing.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Strettle is very quick. He scored a fine try in the A international against us recently.

He'd remind you of a young Simon Geoghan (except in a white jersey).

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                          Strettle is very quick. He scored a fine try in the A international against us recently.

that is high praise indeed. I think the biggest issue here is that he's pretty much an unknown entity, and we may not know how to deal with him.

Comment

If I were a betting man I would wager that Johnny will at least be starting.
                            \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G

BLASPHEMY!!!!
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X