6NR3) Italy V Ireland - Sun 24 Feb 16:00 - Olympic Stadium & Virgin Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isa View Post

Your right. Ireland beat NZ, England beat Ireland and Wales beat England. Wales are a great side and no doubt the best side in the world.
    In 3 weeks they will be the best side in the Northern Hemisphere, and we will probably be 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

In 3 weeks they will be the best side in the Northern Hemisphere, and we will probably be 3rd.
      Just how we would like it
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

They could well be and fair play to them. I for one am happy enough with the way things are going. When we were winning the grand slam last year you were still banging the same drum.

Im a betting man myself but the likes of Soccer and Rugby are priced to within an inch of their lives.

The Bookies have Ireland and England as joint second favs for the world cup and Wales at double the odds of those two. That's the pecking order and that is just about the reality of it whether we win in two weeks or not.

As for the match in a few weeks. It will be a close match

Comment

Lads, ye all appear to have missed the Major Significance of Saturday's result:

WE CAN REGAIN THE RAEBURN SHIELD IN CARDIFF IN THREE WEEK'S TIME

(provided Scotland don't beat Wales next Saturday week)

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

Ok mate,

Smith Dee Lee Ball Beard Wainwright Young Navidi Davies Biggar Adams Watkin Davies Holmes Williams

Evans Owens Francis Hill Jones Navidi Tipuric Moriarty Davies Anscombe Adams Parkes Davies North Williams

So yeah 11 changes so yeah Wales A.
            and they brought on Wyn Jones, Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Ross Moriarty off the bench.

Healy, Best, Furlong, Ryan, Henderson, POM, Leavy, CJ, Murray, Sexton, Stockdale, Henshaw, Ringrose, Earls, Kearney would show 8 changes to the Irish team

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post
              Another bitta history for CM, going under the radar.

18 - Conor Murray assisted two of @IrishRugby's four tries against Italy and now has 18 assists overall in the #GuinnessSixNations⁠ ⁠, more than any other player in the tournament, overtaking Jonny Wilkinson and Ronan O’Gara (both 17). Creative.

https://twitter.com/optajonny/status...831287808?s=21
              Has anyone seen this milestone by Conor Murray, surpassing two of the other greats of the game, reported in the Irish media? I may have missed it. In this stats obsessed age that would be quite an omission.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

They could well be and fair play to them. I for one am happy enough with the way things are going. When we were winning the grand slam last year you were still banging the same drum.

Im a betting man myself but the likes of Soccer and Rugby are priced to within an inch of their lives.

The Bookies have Ireland and England as joint second favs for the world cup and Wales at double the odds of those two. That's the pecking order and that is just about the reality of it whether we win in two weeks or not.

As for the match in a few weeks. It will be a close match
                Remind me of that drum again?

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                  We are struggling at 9 and 10. That’s obvious. I think Schmidt mentioned in the press conference when the team was announced that CJ would be back in contention against France. I think we missed him big time. I think the lack of ball carriers is not helping our 9 or 10 because we not making easy ground going forward. It’s putting them under more pressure which ordinarily would be ok because they could deal with it but it just puts on more and more pressure while they are struggling.

It’s rare that Sexton or Murray have a poor run of games, never mind both of them playing poorly at the same time. They are lacking in confidence, form and patience, they are getting visibly frustrated and the fact that they are both playing poorly is making everything worse. Neither can take the pressure off the other. We know that they will both eventually come out of this bad patch, hopefully sooner rather than later, but would we not be better off trying to just get one player out of bad form instead of two?

Ideally you want both Sexton and Murray starting together but at the moment it seems like it’s doing more harm than good. But if we swap out Sexton for Carbery, who plays with Murray each week and is playing so well at the moment, could that not help push Murray back in to playing comfortably and getting back in to the flow. It would take pressure from him and let him just get on with his game.
                  We’ve seen good rugby from Murray recently. We’ve seen him play very well, not so long ago he looked like he was taking the piss against Gloucester, he just need that boost. I don’t know are we just shooting ourself in the foot trying to get both Sexton and Murray to play well by trying to force them in to good form together. Are we better off concentrating on one at a time?
                  I also think Sexton coming off the bench v France like a bull could be the push he needs.

Another big problem is 15. We know this, we know what Kearney can offer (so do Scotland, South Africa etc.)

We don’t seem to have a notion who our back up 15 is and we’re only a few months out from the WC.
                  We should have used this opportunity to try another player out at fullback but we didn’t. We have a very limited number of games before the WC to figure out an alternative 15 and looking from the outside in, it looks like we haven’t a clue. Schmidt either needs to work out a real alternative option that he trusts to do a good job at 15 or he needs to bring Zebo back in.
                  We need to show that we learned something from the last WC because if we fast forward to the WC and Kearney gets injured, Schmidt’s plan is what? To throw Henshaw in at 15 during a WC semi final and hope for the best?

Maybe he has a plan, it just doesn’t look like it at the monent and we’re running out of time.
                  Schmidt should not be searching for a backup 15 for Kearney, he should be looking to replace him entirely. With his reluctance to tackle he is a potetial game loser every time he starts. I would back any good wing or centre to get past him in the majority of 1:1 situations. In addition, he can't use the ball intelligently in attack, and has lost his big boot. His so-called defence organization is mythical too and he doesn't lead by example.
                  Conway and Larmour are more than capable of doing the job, and might even score or create a try. But they need game time.
                  Failing that, send Carbery back to the 15 shirt and look for another FH.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Schmidt should not be searching for a backup 15 for Kearney, he should be looking to replace him entirely. With his reluctance to tackle he is a potetial game loser every time he starts. I would back any good wing or centre to get past him in the majority of 1:1 situations. In addition, he can't use the ball intelligently in attack, and has lost his big boot. His so-called defence organization is mythical too and he doesn't lead by example.
                    Conway and Larmour are more than capable of doing the job, and might even score or create a try. But they need game time.
                    Failing that, send Carbery back to the 15 shirt and look for another FH.
                    Oh absolutely, but with who? Who are our 15 options?
                    Larmour is an option, but I’m not sure if Schmidt is 100% confident with him at 15. We know Larmour could offer a going forward and would do well in certain games, but I’m not sure is there much confidence in his defence. Is he a player that teams would be happy to see at 15 and put him under a huge amount of pressure.

Carbery can play 15 but he most likely won’t be an option at starting at 15 because he’ll be starting at 10 or backing up 10.

Conway, he would be my first choice but he doesn’t play FB at Munster each week, he can do an excelllent job but again ideally you want a guy who is playing 15 each week.

Addison, same as Conway, he can play 15 but doesn’t each week.

Henshaw, seems to be someone Schmidt is looking at but is even more of a ridiculous option when you consider you have to go back to his time at Connacht when he last played there last before the game against England.

These are the guys in around the squad, everyone else has even more of an outside chance. TOH, Haley etc. Surely if they’re not involved now they’ve very little hope of getting game time in the WC warm up games.

The only other option is Zebo, who could come in as an experienced player but that won’t happen.

We’ve a few options but we’re running out of time.
                    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

On the Kearney thing, if he were to rupture an ACL, NOT that I would wish to see it I hasten to add, who starts at 15 against Scotland in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        On the Kearney thing, if he were to rupture an ACL, NOT that I would wish to see it I hasten to add, who starts at 15 against Scotland in Japan?
                        Daverage?

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Daverage?
                          Mafi?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            Mike Haley
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Mike Haley
                              I've seen Haley play several games for Munster this season. I'd say he is no better a FB than Conway/Larmour/O'Halloran. I would be surprised if he cracked the RWC squad.
                              Erse end of nowhere

Comment

He’s very Kearneyesque though, with added tackling
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X