6NR3) Italy V Ireland - Sun 24 Feb 16:00 - Olympic Stadium & Virgin Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorns View Post

His pace up to 5 metres never fails to amaze me, looks like he's been shot out of a cannon. Tv doesn't do it justice
    Has been really good off the bench the last two weeks. Adds a huge amount to our carrying game in the last quarter and his scrummaging is rock solid. He’s really developed well and I think Joe rates him highly now. Great option to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Has been really good off the bench the last two weeks. Adds a huge amount to our carrying game in the last quarter and his scrummaging is rock solid. He’s really developed well and I think Joe rates him highly now. Great option to have.
      Loosing a few KGs has been very good for him. Same for Healy. I'd like to see Killer getting significant game time against a large French pack. That would be a good bench mark of whether he has overtaken McGrath.

Comment

Killer has had a great season and has improved his all round game, in particular his ball presentation when tackled (imo). Great to see.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Did they go to the same secondary school?
          That's beyond the pale Cb
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

That's beyond the pale Cb
            It’s very much Pale-centric with Wummsy
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Rhys Ruddock isn't involved in Leinster's match this weekend, wonder if he's being lined up to start next week?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                Rhys Ruddock isn't involved in Leinster's match this weekend, wonder if he's being lined up to start next week?
                Lets hope Joe rotates, POM could do with a rest
                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

It turns out that Ruddock's absence from the Leinster team at the weekend was due to a hamstring injury he picked up in training rather than the fact that he was possibly being lined up to start against Italy.

Dan Leavy also still out injured with a calf problem.

Comment

Farrell & Beirney back!

https://www.the42.ie/farrell-beirne-...99898-Feb2019/
                    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

From a selfish point of view as a Munster fan, I would love to see earls run in a hatrick and move into second on the all time top Irish try scorer list.

Comment

Kearney, Sexton Murray all need game time, would like to see Killer start, he deserves it, Porter and Ryan too, think furlong deserves a rest. Bernie’s time to shine hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by El Pedro View Post
                          Kearney, Sexton Murray all need game time, would like to see Killer start, he deserves it, Porter and Ryan too, think furlong deserves a rest. Bernie’s time to shine hopefully
                          None of Kearney, Sexton or Murray need game time. Two of the three are world class, and don’t need to be risked against Italy. Home game against France is time enough. Agree about the rest. Personally I’d like Cooney and Joey to start, Conway to have a crack at fullback, and failing that Larmour.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

None of Kearney, Sexton or Murray need game time. Two of the three are world class, and don’t need to be risked against Italy. Home game against France is time enough. Agree about the rest. Personally I’d like Cooney and Joey to start, Conway to have a crack at fullback, and failing that Larmour.
                            It would make more sense to give one of the inexperienced halfbacks a start with one of our so called world class halfbacks.
                            this would allow them a better opportunity to shine.

Wholesale changes is not a great idea imo.

Comment

The tension around game time/rotation is that we have an issue with our world class players. If they're not injured they're struggling for form.

Only those close to the camp know what the real deal is right now with Murray & Sexton, but neither are in top form. SOB isn't firing on all cylinders either. Furlong is being contained in the carry in a way that doesn't look like him at all. There's really only POM of that group who I think is delivering. Stander and Leavy both crocked.

And we've issues with other units.

The game plan is limiting the impact of Earls and Stockdale.

Our midfield has had very little time together, and Aki doesn't look to be at the level that he was last year and in the autumn. Henshaw is clearly on a long-ish road back. Farrell has had very little game time.

We're undermanned or under-delivering in every unit.

So do we try to play our top guys back into form, or rest them? Do we look to draft in new players in other units, or allow people to build an understanding and bed down?

It looks to me as though injury and form (and much of the form is injury/recovery related) have created an unexpected patch of flux, and Joe has a dilemma between re-engineering and doubling down. At the same time, the injury situation isn't so bad as to force his hand.

All eyes on Joe...
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                                The tension around game time/rotation is that we have an issue with our world class players. If they're not injured they're struggling for form.

Only those close to the camp know what the real deal is right now with Murray & Sexton, but neither are in top form. SOB isn't firing on all cylinders either. Furlong is being contained in the carry in a way that doesn't look like him at all. There's really only POM of that group who I think is delivering. Stander and Leavy both crocked.

And we've issues with other units.

The game plan is limiting the impact of Earls and Stockdale.

Our midfield has had very little time together, and Aki doesn't look to be at the level that he was last year and in the autumn. Henshaw is clearly on a long-ish road back. Farrell has had very little game time.

We're undermanned or under-delivering in every unit.

So do we try to play our top guys back into form, or rest them? Do we look to draft in new players in other units, or allow people to build an understanding and bed down?

It looks to me as though injury and form (and much of the form is injury/recovery related) have created an unexpected patch of flux, and Joe has a dilemma between re-engineering and doubling down. At the same time, the injury situation isn't so bad as to force his hand.

All eyes on Joe...
                                I think with the World Cup in mind he can trust Sexton, Murray and co to find form between now and then.

What matters now is giving back up players some experience and fixing aspects of the game plan - in particular our ability to very our play to deal with aggressive rush defences when our kicking game isn’t working.

Comment

Working...
                                X