Clear All

6NR3) Italy V Ireland - Sun 24 Feb 16:00 - Olympic Stadium & Virgin Media

Put 56 on them in Dublin last year with this 23 selected:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 12.54.59.png
Views:	218
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	2558992

referee might allow us to generate some quick ball as opposed to the mess we saw with Garces and Poite so far

Referee
    Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
    Assistant 1
    Wayne Barnes (England)
    Assistant 2
    Karl Dickson (England)
    TMO
    Graham Hughes (England)
    Last edited by Cowboy; 10th-February-2019, 13:10.
    I am the million man.

Kilcoyne has to start this one, need to build up his international exposure now he’s overtaken Jack Mcgath. Would like to see porter play too, absolute beast. Unfortunately it’s the middle game so the starters will need some game time to keep them sharp. It’s actually the worst time to play Italy

1. Kilcoyne
    2. Best (will need to stay match fit and we know what Cronin offers)
    3. Porter
    4. Bernie/ Hendo (who ever is fit)
    5. Roux (some continuity )
    6. POM (I’m tempted to go Rhys cause POM has huge minutes this year and has been through the wars but think with if he’s rested he won’t bench and that’s a month with no gametime.
    7. Leavy (If fit get him on)
    8. Conan (we know what Jordi can do anyway)
    9. Murray
    10. JS (the halfbacks need gametime together not resting from what Ive seen)
    11. Stockdale
    12. Henshaw (If he’s gonna play for Irieland it should be at 12 and Aki hasn’t done enough in the last 2 games for me, let’s see how somebody else dose)
    13. Ringer (starting 13 for me, needs gametime, Addison can wear 23)
    14. Conway (Earls has had a few knocks and it would be good to give Conway some minutes
    15. Larmour (More exposure to him and also they will remember what he did to them in November)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
      Kilcoyne has to start this one, need to build up his international exposure now he’s overtaken Jack Mcgath. Would like to see porter play too, absolute beast. Unfortunately it’s the middle game so the starters will need some game time to keep them sharp. It’s actually the worst time to play Italy

1. Kilcoyne
      2. Best (will need to stay match fit and we know what Cronin offers)
      3. Porter
      4. Bernie/ Hendo (who ever is fit)
      5. Roux (some continuity )
      6. POM (I’m tempted to go Rhys cause POM has huge minutes this year and has been through the wars but think with if he’s rested he won’t bench and that’s a month with no gametime.
      7. Leavy (If fit get him on)
      8. Conan (we know what Jordi can do anyway)
      9. Murray
      10. JS (the halfbacks need gametime together not resting from what Ive seen)
      11. Stockdale
      12. Henshaw (If he’s gonna play for Irieland it should be at 12 and Aki hasn’t done enough in the last 2 games for me, let’s see how somebody else dose)
      13. Ringer (starting 13 for me, needs gametime, Addison can wear 23)
      14. Conway (Earls has had a few knocks and it would be good to give Conway some minutes
      15. Larmour (More exposure to him and also they will remember what he did to them in November)
      We got back on the horse yesterday, I think to get it to gallop again we have to give Italy both barrels and obliterate them tbh
      I am the million man.

Comment

If they are fit great opportunity to bring in Beirne and henderson. SOB needs games, as does RK but our need at FB is to try somebody. Addison should start but not sure where
        I'd have Carbery and Murray at half backs, and maybe bring Cooney in at HT

Comment

Wouldn't agree re Sexton playing , he took some huge hits again yesterday, failed a HIA too, he should be rested.

Comment

We have to absolutely muller Italy to get 5 points and a healthy points difference. We all know that’s what England are going to do to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Championship is gone imho, and even if it hasn't it would be a fairly unfulfilling medal given that England trounced us on our way to it.

We need to use this and the French game to add proper squad depth in the key spots where it isn't already happening because of injuries. That's Carbery and Cooney half back and a fresh front row and back 3.

Biggest one is Joe needs to decide what's happening at full back. Kearney is obviously his first choice, but it's a mess after that. He clearly doesn't trust Larmour, so should go with Conway at 15 for a couple of games ahead of the World Cup and use Larmour as a wing option..

For Italy anyway some rotation of wings is also called for. Would nearly do a back 3 of Conway, Larmour and Byrne.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Down with doomfoolery.
                It's time to give the pastapizzapeople a proper hammering.
                Last edited by ustix; 11th-February-2019, 10:06.
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

There will be some interesting calls for this game. I don’t expect us to do what Wales did and make a whole bunch of changes.

9 and 10 seem like an obvious opportunity for rotation but Schmidt might feel they need game time, and against a much weaker team could be ideal for them to try and shake off the cobwebs and boost their form. I would like to see Carbery start and his form has earned a start, he is without question the in form 10 at the moment, but Sexton’s poor form means Schmidt may feel he, along with Murray, has to start him.

I’m really interested who he goes with at 15.
                  Kearney is clearly the no.1 but who the back up will be is the real question. I think we have to use the game to try someone else at 15, with the WC around the corner it’s a joke that we don’t seem any closer to knowing who our back up 15 will be. It would be a complete waste of time if he went with Kearney against Italy.
                  I imagine there will be rotation on the wings as well. I’d like to see Conway start, but preferably at FB. Earls could do with a break and it’s a good opportunity to bring someone else in.

Up front I think Killer deserves to start, Berine will hopefully come in in the second row, I don’t see much changes happening in the back row, despite the fact POM has played a lot of game time this season, I can’t see Schmidt changing it up as there’s been a lot of movement there already.

It will be interesting to see what Schmidt will do for this game. Time will tell.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Italy are poor once more, the likes of Addison, Conway and Larmour will tear them to bits. RK will not.

Comment

With the 31 man RWC squad probably having the following pencilled in:
                      Healy, best, Cronin, furlong, porter, Ryan, toner, Beirne, Henderson, POM, CJ, Murray, sexton, carberry, henshaw, aki, ringrose, earls, Stockdale, kearney that leaves the following competition for places,
                      McGrath v killer
                      Scannell v herring
                      Ryan vs any other tighthead
                      Sob v vdf v leavy v Ruddock v conan for 3 spots with the first three favoured.
                      McGrath v Cooney v marmian v JGP for two spots
                      Byrne v carthy for one spot
                      Addison v larmour v Conway v Farrell for 2 spots.

I suspect trying henshaw at fullback was to see if he could pick Farrell ahead of a back 3 type player.

I don't see any benefit in picking players outside this scope for Italy game.

Killer, Cronin, Porter, Beirne, roux, Ruddock, SOB, Conan, Murray, carberry, larmour, henshaw, ringrose, Conway, kearney - McGrath, Scannell, an other, Dillane, leavy, Cooney, Byrne, Addison would be my tea.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Wummisky reckons we are missing McGrath and that killer will never offer what he can....

Make of that what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
                          Wummisky reckons we are missing McGrath and that killer will never offer what he can....

Did they go to the same secondary school?
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post

A sure sign he’s worried about one of his heroes missing out. Killer being kept in camp has him all hot and bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

A sure sign he’s worried about one of his heroes missing out. Killer being kept in camp has him all hot and bothered.
                              His pace up to 5 metres never fails to amaze me, looks like he's been shot out of a cannon. Tv doesn't do it justice

Comment

Working...
                              X