Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any England players making the Ireland team now!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any England players making the Ireland team now!?

Whole team was better, literally not one Ireland name goes in at the moment except for just one or two at a push here and there.
    We need to learn to be more respectful. Don't give them extra motivation, box far more clever. Teams have done that to us in the past (think ''Fat Phil'' Kearns ''they will have nothing to cheer about'' comment about the hordes of travelling Green at 2011 RWC).. Don't disrespect sides again that have won a World cup and AWAY tests against ALL big three SH teams.

Last edited by Zyvis; 5th-February-2019, 12:52.

England didn't win a series in South Africa

Comment

Also that was just one match one swallow don't make a summer

Comment

Originally posted by lystorugby View Post
        England didn't win a series in South Africa
        My bad if not but I thought they did back in the day.

Comment

I can check I could be wrong though

Comment

I was wrong..
            As far as I can find out (and it's not easy) no 'individual' country has won a series in SA apart from NZ (just once as well, 1996 2-1 to NZ).
            That's a pretty amazing record.. Of course the Lions have had a few series wins there (four in fact) going back a very long time now..

Comment

Originally posted by Zyvis View Post
              I was wrong..
              As far as I can find out (and it's not easy) no 'individual' country has won a series in SA apart from NZ (just once as well, 1996 2-1 to NZ).
              That's a pretty amazing record.. Of course the Lions have had a few series wins there (four in fact) going back a very long time now..
              High altitude has a big role to play in that record, as was the case when we went down there last time. Well on our way to a series win and then the lungs went. It’s a massive advantage.

Comment

Lions tours used to be very long indeed with masses of time to acclimatise, hence a good record there.

Comment

Working...
                X