Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Am a huge fan of Zebo, and would love to see him at full back for Ireland and us. However, he made a choice to go, in full knowledge of the consequences for his Ireland place- I would say it was a really hard choice to make and fair play to him he has clearly done very well in Paris. Whether he could (contractually) or would (want to come back soon enough to) play in the World Cup is, I think, beyond hypothetical. I agree that it would be a bad precedent to set (Sexton went knowing he could continue playing for Ireland despite being abroad), and undermine the strength of the provinces that has been such a success individually in europe, and collectively for Ireland. There are several options we could/should try as replacement or back up for Kearney, and all deserve a shot before the separate move of trying to fix it for Simon to come back (and as I said above I speak as a big fan of his).

Not quite, there is rule for foreign players being selected or not. It’s on a case by case basis, or a province by province basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
      Why isn't a new kicking coach needed? Our main competitors are kicking better than Ireland and it is all players , not just one => a coaching deficiency

Why isn't there any chance of Zebo coming back for the world cup!? If Munster /IRFU offered a central contract at the end of this season, he would be back. Incidentally, this would not be an exception, Leinster and Ireland sought out Johnny Sexton with a contract to lure him back and that has worked very well IMHO.

p.s. incidentally Sexton was also picked for Ireland while playing overseas so in that sense there is precedent even if the IRFU & JS 'want' to pick Zebo for the RWC say while still continuing to playing his club rugby overseas next season after the rwc. This is now the sensible thing to do imho.
      Because we primarily have been kicking well. Ritchie Murphy has shown he's an excellent coach with his history so it isnt any deficiency in his coaching

There is no way Zebo will be back for the world cup and IRFU wont be offering him a central contract at end of this season.
      Johnny Sexton was signed back but in very different circumstances. He was always involved while gone. Other options not anything on him. That isnt the case with Zebo between Wing or Full Back.
      Johnny was picked abroad because the other options were not anywhere near as good as him.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        Because we primarily have been kicking well. Ritchie Murphy has shown he's an excellent coach with his history so it isnt any deficiency in his coaching

There is no way Zebo will be back for the world cup and IRFU wont be offering him a central contract at end of this season.
        Johnny Sexton was signed back but in very different circumstances. He was always involved while gone. Other options not anything on him. That isnt the case with Zebo between Wing or Full Back.
        Johnny was picked abroad because the other options were not anywhere near as good as him.
        Whatever...

There are just too many holes in your 'logic' and arguments here to even be bothered debating with you tbh......

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Whatever...

There are just too many holes in your 'logic' and arguments here to even be bothered debating with you tbh......
          And there isnt in yours?
          Zebo wont be coming back on a central contract and be included in the world cup squad

Comment

And there isnt in yours?
            Zebo wont be coming back on a central contract and be included in the world cup squad
            whatever....

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Not quite, there is rule for foreign players being selected or not. It’s on a case by case basis, or a province by province basis.
              Are you saying Zebo did not know that by going he was ending his Ireland chances?

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post

I was at the match and believe me his kicking was very poor and he was took much time at the base of the rucks passing
                For what its worth, I see Murray was one of the 2 Irish players picked on the team of the week as published in the Indo. Dont know who picks it or what its worth but he must have played reasonble at least.
                Last edited by cornerboy; 12th-February-2019, 07:00.
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

And there isnt in yours?
                  Thanks be to God. Another 6 months in Paris and he will look more like Serge Blanco. A good time Charlie. Better off without the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post

I was at the match and believe me his kicking was very poor and he was took much time at the base of the rucks passing
                    Agree totally. Class player but is taking an age to get the ball away at rucks.
                    Sexton not helping hinself. It's like he is asking to be smashed. If it continues like that he won't last much longer.
                    Best is just about done at this level. Sad for him that the world cup is a year too late for him.
                    Aki is game but neither has the passing or the brain in the big games.
                    Kearney did alright but another who just about done.
                    SOB looked really good. Fellas with his Injury profile usually get 12-18 months at the latter end of their careers where they stay injury free ala Wilkikson. Hopefully he gets that.

Delighted with the way we are playing. The hype would have been ridiculous if we had won 6 nations this year. Will focus the minds for the road ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

Thanks be to God. Another 6 months in Paris and he will look more like Serge Blanco. A good time Charlie. Better off without the guy.
                      Even in his current state, I'd back Serge Blanco to outpace Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Even in his current state, I'd back Serge Blanco to outpace Rob.
                        I wouldnt disagree with you in the slightest, Wouldnt have Kearney in the Leinster team over the last 4 or 5 years never mind the Irish team. I was different gravy.

Comment

When Murray is about to kick, he plants his back leg about a yard back from the Ruck before he picks the ball up.

The opposition can see this "tell" and they can deploy their blockers to impede any kick chase.

If he is to continue his kicking, he needs to learn to disguise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                            When Murray is about to kick, he plants his back leg about a yard back from the Ruck before he picks the ball up.

The opposition can see this "tell" and they can deploy their blockers to impede any kick chase.

If he is to continue his kicking, he needs to learn to disguise it.
                            There isn't a 9 on the planet that doesn't telegraph the fact that he is going to Box Kick from the base of the ruck in the way you describe.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post

There isn't a 9 on the planet that doesn't telegraph the fact that he is going to Box Kick from the base of the ruck in the way you describe.
                              Yes but they dont take all day to kick it. Murray gives the opposition so much time to get in position for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

Yes but they dont take all day to kick it. Murray gives the opposition so much time to get in position for it.
                                Yes they mostly take all day to kick it...….pulling it back with their foot, organising blockers at the base of the ruck, checking that the wingers are ready...….they all do it the same way which is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X