Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellovating View Post

Am.... who is making things up?

Story here. Seánie O'Brien to Deccie Kidney/Les Kiss revolution at London Irish (Paddy Jackson and Naholo also en route). O'Brien unlikely to be Zeboed from the Ireland squad in 2019. https://t.co/2gnHKoY3u8
    Lets back up,
    1. you named a group of players who moved abroad and suggested that leinster players were allowed to continue playing for Ireland just because they play for leinster.
    2. I mentioned you were being selective in the players you used to draw this conclusion pointing out that the player in the situation most similar to SOB had been omitted from your list and he disproves your assertions
    3. You mention POC is not being tread same as SOB
    4. I point out that’s not the case
    5. You come back at me mentioning he won’t be Zeboed .... that has nothing to do with POC who we were discussing.

Comment

Yep. Fair enough. We should really be celebrating his Irish career then, shouldn't we? what with his upcoming retirement. One of my favourite Irish players of the last decade. Funny that no one mentioned his international retirement today..... genuinely. Not being snippy.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
        Yep. Fair enough. We should really be celebrating his Irish career then, shouldn't we? what with his upcoming retirement. One of my favourite Irish players of the last decade. Funny that no one mentioned his international retirement today..... genuinely. Not being snippy.
        I presume he will make a statement through the IRFU or Leinster when it’s official. It would be wired if Murray Kinsella announces his retirement on his behalf in the 42. Some money London Irish are shelling out for a player with his injury profile. I heard someone say he had 20 leinster appearances in the last 4 seasons. I think Ireland and Leinster both have men to come in at 7. I hope he tears into Scotland tomorrow and has his best performance since the Lions.

Comment

The last time Ireland beat Scotland in Murrayfield, Seanie was outstanding . IrelandI had to win by a rake of points to win the championship, perhaps the best performance by an Irish player in the 6N.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Scotland are going to walk it, BP in the bag by 60 mins for them

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              Scotland are going to walk it, BP in the bag by 60 mins for them
              YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Zyvis; 9th-February-2019, 10:37.

Comment

Scotland are unbeatable

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  Scotland are unbeatable
                  "Those days are gone now"
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                    SOB didn’t train today according to Today FM.
                    Shock horror, it just gets worse and worse. The man is leaving, he’s held together by tape yet he gets different treatment (nothing against Sob class player in his day)

I think we ll get battered today.
                    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

If you are hinting about SOB getting treated differently to Zebo?

Zebo left DURING the RWC build up whereas SOB is commited fully to the build up and only leaving AFTER the RWC.
                      He would 100% have planned it properly and communicated properly whereas Zebo did not, and broke clear guidelines.

Team Joe is 100% about signing off from coaching with a serious RWC result, this six nations is important only to maintain form but also give some players big game time in preparation for the main event.

Zebo took his eye of the ball, sold out and took the big bucks.
                      It was stupid timing and he deserves to be closed out. If he really wanted it with Ireland he should have delayed by a year or so or just not done it and stayed.
                      End of story.
                      These are not my ''opinions'', they are facts (only the bit about Zebo selling out and being stupid is my own opinion, although probably not alone on that)!

Last edited by Zyvis; 9th-February-2019, 11:53.

Comment

The negativity on here is shocking.
                        A lot of you are stuck 25 years behind when we had zero squad depth and would be walked all over when we lost a couple of star players.
                        Did you not notice we beat NZ with a few frontline big stars missing?
                        We have a few more missing today but your negativity is an insult to the squad guys who have come in.
                        Besides, do you really take a bit of a pasting by England that seriously, like we are back to square one or something!?
                        That would be to also disrespect English Rugby.. they are known to be quite capable, you know! And anyway do you not think if it was a test series with them that we could sort the tactics out a bit and front up next time?
                        I'm quite new here but happy to spend more time on the Leinster forum as they are more positive about Irish rugby and more balanced about the team without bringing up hints of parochialism all the time.

Comment

Can't wait to see Chris Farrell in action today. We could have done with him in the centre last week. He's like an extra back row in defence and a superb passer too. I get that the media loves Gary and hesh a fantastic player but got rolled a few times too many last weekend.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyvis View Post
                            The negativity on here is shocking.
                            A lot of you are stuck 25 years behind when we had zero squad depth and would be walked all over when we lost a couple of star players.
                            Did you not notice we beat NZ with a few frontline big stars missing?
                            We have a few more missing today but your negativity is an insult to the squad guys who have come in.
                            Besides, do you really take a bit of a pasting by England that seriously, like we are back to square one or something!?
                            That would be to also disrespect English Rugby.. they are known to be quite capable, you know! And anyway do you not think if it was a test series with them that we could sort the tactics out a bit and front up next time?
                            I'm quite new here but happy to spend more time on the Leinster forum as they are more positive about Irish rugby and more balanced about the team without bringing up hints of parochialism all the time.

Of course they are more positive, they have players who can't get out of the national side no matter how bad, or where they play.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyvis View Post
                              If you are hinting about SOB getting treated differently to Zebo?

Zebo left DURING the RWC build up whereas SOB is commited fully to the build up and only leaving AFTER the RWC.
                              He would 100% have planned it properly and communicated properly whereas Zebo did not, and broke clear guidelines.

Team Joe is 100% about signing off from coaching with a serious RWC result, this six nations is important only to maintain form but also give some players big game time in preparation for the main event.

Zebo took his eye of the ball, sold out and took the big bucks.
                              It was stupid timing and he deserves to be closed out. If he really wanted it with Ireland he should have delayed by a year or so or just not done it and stayed.
                              End of story.
                              These are not my ''opinions'', they are facts (only the bit about Zebo selling out and being stupid is my own opinion, although probably not alone on that)!

You may not be aware that Zebo had for a long time (i.e. from the time he was making his breakthrough to senior rugby) talked about the fact that he wanted to get the experience of living and playing in France. His father is from Martinique and only missed out on representing France at the Olympics in the 800m due to a broken leg sustained during military training, so Simon himself feels strongly connected to French culture and is of course a fluent speaker of the language. The move to Racing came about because players like Dave Kearney and Luke Fitzgerald, let alone Rob Kearney, were being preferred to him, so in a short career he was facing the prospect of staying in Ireland on moderate money, perhaps getting the occasional cap behind players who were clearly inferior to him, or cutting his losses and doing something he'd always wanted to do while getting himself & his family set up for life into the bargain. His decision was in no small part influenced by the fact that his older kid was of school-starting age, and that making the move when he did rather than waiting until the next contract negotiation came round (assuming there would be one - a single injury can end a career) would involve a lot less disruption and upheaval. He has never said that he is unavailable for Ireland or will never play under Joe - quite the opposite. But being refused the representative opportunities that his ability and talent merit, he is rightly maximising all the playing, earning and life opportunities he can. Stupidity would be choosing not to do that, in those circumstances.

So less of the "sell-out" comments. You can make your point about Seán O'Brien without denigrating Zebo. Now, is there any chance that this thread can return to discussing the actual Six Nations game between Scotland and Ireland, which is due to kick off in less than two hours?
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                                The last time Ireland beat Scotland in Murrayfield, Seanie was outstanding . IrelandI had to win by a rake of points to win the championship, perhaps the best performance by an Irish player in the 6N.
                                And when we lost there in 2017 he was atrocious but that was the bus drivers fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X