Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

Paul o Connell didn’t play for leinster, he mainly turned out for Munster. see below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_O'Connell
    Honestly, I never knew thanks for clearing that up. Paulie and seanie however are different players with massively different levels of importance to the team., paulie was nailed on starter all day every day at the time and seanie is currently an overrated injury prone second choice backrower, who joe only this week described as someone who needs to play himself into form and lucky to get picked this week.

Zebo was was described as dispensable at the time, the exact category that sob falls into currently.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Honestly, I never knew thanks for clearing that up. Paulie and seanie however are different players with massively different levels of importance to the team., paulie was nailed on starter all day every day at the time and seanie is currently an overrated injury prone second choice backrower, who joe only this week described as someone who needs to play himself into form and lucky to get picked this week.

Zebo was was described as dispensable at the time, the exact category that sob falls into currently.
      No Bother man, Wikipedia is a good reference but is prone to the occasional rapscallion messing with it so be curamach mo chara.

SOB and POC (don’t you love players with an O in their second names) are different but the fact that their contracts finish after a World Cup cycle is what’s important here and that’s why they are being treated the same.

That said you could argue that Seán is a nailed on starter when fit judging by selection and that Zebo wouldn’t of made the starting 15 during last years six nations, he’s no better that Stockdale at 11 and Joe Schmidt (no O so I felt obliged to write the full name) loves Rob Kearney at 15. Selections justified by the grand slam.

On an unrelated topic and Most Importantly there is a backrower called Sean o Brian in the Leinster Sub academy (he’s in the U20 Irish squad) and this move all but ends the possibility of us fielding an international backrow comprised exclusively of SOBs
      Last edited by Joe Konys barmy army; 8th-February-2019, 16:58.

Comment

On an unrelated topic and Most Importantly there is a backrower called Sean o Brian in the Leinster Sub academy (he’s in the U20 Irish squad) and this move all but ends the possibility of us fielding an international backrow comprised exclusively of SOBs
        Isnt there one in Connacht as well, who can look forward in the future to being overlooked for selection and treated differently than the new younger SOB who resides in the capital.

Incidently as we are examining names, the acrynom of you name is JKBA. The anagram of which is KABJ, or cabbage.
        Last edited by lawrence; 8th-February-2019, 17:15.

Comment

Isnt there one in Connacht as well, who can look forward in the future to being overlooked for selection and treated differently than the new younger SOB who resides in the capital.

Yes there is one in Connacht, I was counting on him as Leinster only have two .... 2 Sean’s, and one Tommy, Jimmy and Conor all O Brian’s. Although that’s not the most popular name as we have 6 Byrnes.

It’s the same everywhere buddy, if you haven’t already pop over to the babbling brook some day, those folks are sure the IRFU is ****ing over Leinster and favoring other Munster. It’s prospective I guess but I don’t think they only favor one province.

Im just upset I can’t use my team of SOBs chant.
          Last edited by Joe Konys barmy army; 8th-February-2019, 17:20.

Comment

Im just upset I can’t use my team of SOBs chant.

This isn’t soccer.

Comment

SOB didn’t train today according to Today FM.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

No Bother man, Wikipedia is a good reference but is prone to the occasional rapscallion messing with it so be curamach mo chara.

SOB and POC (don’t you love players with an O in their second names) are different but the fact that their contracts finish after a World Cup cycle is what’s important here and that’s why they are being treated the same.

That said you could argue that Seán is a nailed on starter when fit judging by selection and that Zebo wouldn’t of made the starting 15 during last years six nations, he’s no better that Stockdale at 11 and Joe Schmidt (no O so I felt obliged to write the full name) loves Rob Kearney at 15. Selections justified by the grand slam.

Imagine if he whole Ireland team had an O in the surname. Tomorrow's team would look like this :

ROK
                KOE BOA COF JOS
                JOS
                COM
                COH ROB TOF
                JOR QOR
                POM JOC SOB

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

And Paul O Connell but wait that doesn’t fit the conspiracy theory so let’s omit him from the list.
                  POC was retiring from Int rugby after the world cup. According to reports today, SOB isn't, and doesn't expect his continued selection to be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post

POC was retiring from Int rugby after the world cup. According to reports today, SOB isn't, and doesn't expect his continued selection to be an issue.
                    This is the relevant section from the 42 “When Paul O’Connell had agreed on a move to Toulon for after the 2015 World Cup, he continued to be picked by Ireland as a centrally-contracted player and it’s believed 53-times capped O’Brien will be considered in the same manner by Schmidt.” Which is the source of today’s reports

People on this site have got to stop making things up to back up their points when dealing with me. I smell bull**** a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Imagine if he whole Ireland team had an O in the surname. Tomorrow's team would look like this :

ROK
                      KOE BOA COF JOS
                      JOS
                      COM
                      COH ROB TOF
                      JOR QOR
                      POM JOC SOB
                      I would be VERY careful about calling Tadgh Furlong a ''Toff''!!

Comment

Honestly, I never knew thanks for clearing that up.
                        Mate to be fair, Paulie was as Red as it gets.. I wouldn't go suggesting to himself he'd played for Leinster!!
                        Have you read his book? (The Battle), (Very good)..
                        On that subject Rog's ''Unguarded'' and O'Driscoll's ''The Test'' are both excellent as well..
                        No excuses lads and ladies you can pick them up on Amazon used for just a few bob.

Comment

OTB very good tonight on Youtube by the way with Bod and Fester on great form. Get on it I watched the whole thing through it was excellent..
                          Some very plain and incisive facts about Zebo by Fester, his timing was way off he left in the build up to the RWC so it's goodnight and God bless. Other players leaving in non RWC years will have the gate left open for them.. I think it was a stupid move, and he paid the price

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            I fear no matter what happens in the game tomorrow there will still be panic stations and doom-foolery

Even if the team put 30 on the Bagpipe men there will still be noise about Ireland being beatable and it's all over etc
                            Have no fear Cowboy, Ire won't be beating Scotland by 30 pts.

Comment

Beating Scottish teams matters more to me than anything else. The SRU shafted the other unions to let the Nigels destroy the ERC, they shafted the Irish World Cup bid and any side containing that diving, cheating “””hole Fraser Brown deserves to be loathed.

Comment

This is the relevant section from the 42 “When Paul O’Connell had agreed on a move to Toulon for after the 2015 World Cup, he continued to be picked by Ireland as a centrally-contracted player and it’s believed 53-times capped O’Brien will be considered in the same manner by Schmidt.” Which is the source of today’s reports

People on this site have got to stop making things up to back up their points when dealing with me. I smell bull**** a mile away.
                                Am.... who is making things up?

Story here. Seánie O'Brien to Deccie Kidney/Les Kiss revolution at London Irish (Paddy Jackson and Naholo also en route). O'Brien unlikely to be Zeboed from the Ireland squad in 2019. https://t.co/2gnHKoY3u8

Comment

Working...
                                X