Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Scrum is overrated, we had England's number there last weekend, see how much it worked for us...
    The conditions look to be very different and Poite, as we have seen consistently over the years is a ref who rewards the scrum going forwards (even if the advantage is gained illegally).

Comment

Scrum is overrated, we had England's number there last weekend, see how much it worked for us...
      Quite often you're right and the refs are trying their best to speed it up meaning they are reducing its importances by rushing it. However with a wet pitch with a wet and 45 mile an hour winds there should be plenty of opportunities and as PP said Poite awards scrums going forward. The big thing is when Rae comes on for his first cap!

Comment

i assume we have to make a change in the back row now?

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
          i assume we have to make a change in the back row now?
          Who's out now?

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post

Who's out now?
            SOB signing overseas, has to be dropped like a hot potato, because that's what happened to Zebo
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              We have lost 3 of our last 4 visits to murrayfield apparently.

we have a number of players not playing well over their last few outings, the halfbacks & Kearney, best.

Farrell is short of game time and very little if any time playing alongside Aki. Quin roux is a 5th choice lock.

Scotland had a nice run out last week.

The bookies think we will win by at least 6. I don’t, a one score high scoring game I think that could go either way.
              Very good stat. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Comment

SOB signing overseas, has to be dropped like a hot potato, because that's what happened to Zebo
                Apples and oranges!

Comment

lol, made me chuckle, hes a Leinsterman though so no chance.
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Think Joe has handled this very poorly, surely they discussed the chance that Henshaw could be rusty due to experience and gametime issues and what they would do with him if he didnt go well, one chance and dropped from the position, poor man management.

Especially given what he said re SOB “It’s not Seánie’s most comfortable position [number eight]. For Leinster against Wasps, it wasn’t as tidy at the back of the scrum. And Seán hasn’t played nearly as much eight as he has seven.

“When you’re introducing a new player back into a team, you want them to feel like they’re travelling down roads they know pretty well. We don’t want them trying to find the right route to get to where they need to be.''

LOL
                    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapperChamonix View Post

Very good stat. I wouldn't have guessed that.
                      We've lost 2 out 4 of the last four 6N visits to Murrayfield. In the same period we also lost a RWC warmup there also in August 2011.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

We've lost 2 out 4 of the last four 6N visits to Murrayfield. In the same period we also lost a RWC warmup there also in August 2011.
                        Lost 2 of the last 3 there.

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post

Apples and oranges!
                          Exactly Zebo was not picked for the 2018 Six nations because he would not be available for the 2019 RWC. Everybody knows Ireland prioritize the RWC and Six nations in of itself is only important as prep for that competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

lol, made me chuckle, hes a Leinsterman though so no chance.
                            lets not get paranoid here - Ryan and Zebo vs Sexton and O'Brien. But every case is unique right?

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Exactly Zebo was not picked for the 2018 Six nations because he would not be available for the 2019 RWC. Everybody knows Ireland prioritize the RWC and Six nations in of itself is only important as prep for that competition.
                              zebo is available for the 2019 RWC

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

The conditions look to be very different and Poite, as we have seen consistently over the years is a ref who rewards the scrum going forwards (even if the advantage is gained illegally).
                                Not gonna be all that bad, just windy - windy enough for the teams to keep it tight and put the lid on some of Russel's flash long passes maybe, and affect all the types of kicking
                                no heavy rain or even much rain at all apparently
                                Last edited by Zyvis; 8th-February-2019, 15:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X