No announcement yet.

Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Chris Farrell will be making an appearance after all.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
      Robbie Henshaw ruled out for Ireland. Joins CJ Stander, Iain Henderson, Devin Toner, Tadhg Beirne on the injured list

Is that ruled out dropped? or is it ruled out dropped?

Comment

This was always going to be a difficult fixture. The players, especially the forwards, will be looking to put in a massive performance. What Scotland will bring up front is nothing we haven’t seen or dealt with before, it’s what they’ll bring on the attack from their backs that could cause us most problems. They have in the past made our defence look very narrow but like I said we know how Scotland play and we hopefully know what to expect. I thought at the start of the 6 Nations this game was going to be a potential banana skin, it’s a really difficult place to go and play and Scotland will be well up for this game but after the hammering England gave us I don’t expect anything other than a massive performance and would be very surprised if we didn’t get a result here. It will be difficult but this team will have a point to prove and hopefully have too much for this Scotland team.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Is that ruled out dropped? or is it ruled out dropped?
          I think the correct word you may be looking for is a niggle.
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

I think the correct word you may be looking for is a niggle.
            'Failed to train on Thursday' is the term used here -
            Leinster man is the latest Ireland player to fall as Joe Schmidt’s options continue to thin

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              I guess Chris Farrell will be making an appearance after all.
              Farrell the barrel won't let Ireland down
              I am the million man.

Comment

Chat that Tom Farrell will be no 23.

Comment

Scotland: Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors), Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Maitland (Saracens), Finn Russell (Racing 92), Greig Laidlaw (Clermont Auvergne - captain); Allan Dell (Edinburgh), Stuart McInally (Edinburgh), Simon Berghan (Edinburgh), Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors), Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh), Josh Strauss (Sale Sharks).

Replacements: Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors), Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), D'arcy Rae (Glasgow Warriors), Ben Toolis (Edinburgh), Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors), Peter Horne (Glasgow Warriors), Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh).

Blair Kinghorn has been left out of the Scotland team to face Ireland in their second Six Nations match on Saturday, despite scoring a hat-trick of tries in the opening win over Italy. Saracens wing Sean Maitland replaces the Edinburgh youngster, who is on the bench, after recovering from injury. Other changes see Simon Berghan replace the injured WP Nel at tight-head, and lock Jonny Gray replace Ben Toolis. Josh Strauss starts at number eight, with Ryan Wilson moving to blind-side. Other changes on the bench see experienced hooker Fraser Brown return from two months on the sidelines, taking over from Jake Kerr, who made his debut against Italy. D'arcy Rae comes in as tight-head cover with Berghan promoted to the starting team, and Rob Harley replaces Gary Graham as the back-row option. Pete Horne takes over from Adam Hastings as cover at fly-half and centre with Chris Harris, a try-scorer after coming on against Italy, dropping out of the match-day 23.

Comment

By the way, Healy Best Pete Seanie I'd propose as the senior players in our pack. Tadhg Ryan Roux and Conan haven't really experienced this sort of situation before, as long as Ireland get their tempo it'll be grand, but the senior 4 lads need to lead the other 4 lads through this wobble

Then look at the pack not available to Joe

​​​​​​JackMac Scans Ryan
                    Hendo and Tadhg
                    Jordi Leavy CJ

Ireland have depth, we've ****in clustered injuries too mind.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

how come jack mac and scans are unavailable?
                      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Just for the day that is in it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n0pkk73sl81qh59n0o8_250.gif
Views:	79
Size:	861.5 KB
ID:	2558474

Name:	tumblr_n0pkk73sl81qh59n0o9_r1_250.gif
Views:	71
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	2558475

Name:	tumblr_n0pkk73sl81qh59n0o10_r1_250.gif
Views:	71
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	2558476
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                          how come jack mac and scans are unavailable?
                          Because Joe says so silly!!
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Maitland in for Kinghorn, obviously 3 tries doesn't cut the mustard for Townsend
                            Last edited by Sulla; 7th-February-2019, 13:44.
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                              Chat that Tom Farrell will be no 23.
                              Larmour no 23 in the end.

Comment

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Scotland, 2019 Guinness Six Nations Championship, BT Murrayfield, Saturday, February 9, kick-off 2:15 pm):

Player/Club/Province/Caps –

15. Rob Kearney (Leinster/UCD) 87 caps
                                14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 73
                                13. Chris Farrell (Munster/Young Munster) 3 caps
                                12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 13
                                11. Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster) 15
                                10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 79 (vc)
                                9. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 68

1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 85
                                2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 114 (c)
                                3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 29
                                4. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 14
                                5. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht) 9
                                6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 53 (vc)
                                7. Sean O’Brien (Leinster/UCD) 53
                                8. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 11 caps

Replacements
                                16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 66
                                17. Dave Kilcoyne (Munster/UL Bohemians) 25
                                18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 12
                                19. Ultan Dillane (Connacht/Corinthians) 11 caps
                                20. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 14 caps
                                21. John Cooney (Ulster/Terenure College) 5
                                22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 17
                                23. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 10

Comment

Working...
                                X