Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland v Ireland Sat 9th Feb 14:15

So Rob and who else ....: only joking ????

so now this becomes huge for us, no need to overreact and reinvent the wheel in Regards selection but there will be a few injury unforced changes along with a bit of “tweaking”.

looks like we could be without CJ, Dev and Earlsy. Leavy, Bernie and Rob available.

1.Healy, 2.Best, 3.Furlong
    4.Bernie 5. Ryan
    6. POM 8.Conan 7. SOB
    9. Murray 10. Sexton 12. Henshaw 13. Ringrose
    11.stockdale 15. Larmour 14. Conway

16. Cronin
    17. Kilcoyne
    18. Porter
    19. Roux
    20. leavy
    21. Cooney
    22. Carbury
    23. Adisson

For me Larmour is the only guy with enough game time at 15 to cover Rob this year.

“One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Scotland are a big threat at line out time. Toner is apparently the only one Joe trusts to make LO calls so I doubt he'll be dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
      So Rob and who else ....: only joking ????

so now this becomes huge for us, no need to overreact and reinvent the wheel in Regards selection but there will be a few injury unforced changes along with a bit of “tweaking”.

looks like we could be without CJ, Dev and Earlsy. Leavy, Bernie and Rob available.

1.Healy, 2.Best, 3.Furlong
      4.Bernie 5. Ryan
      6. POM 8.Conan 7. SOB
      9. Murray 10. Sexton 12. Henshaw 13. Ringrose
      11.stockdale 15. Larmour 14. Conway

16. Cronin
      17. Kilcoyne
      18. Porter
      19. Roux
      20. leavy
      21. Cooney
      22. Carbury
      23. Adisson

For me Larmour is the only guy with enough game time at 15 to cover Rob this year.
      https://www.the42.ie/beirne-ireland-...50959-Jan2019/

TADHG BEIRNE HAS been ruled out of Ireland’s opening two Six Nations games after sustaining a knee injury during Munster’s Heineken Champions Cup win over Exeter Chiefs at the weekend.

The second row had a scan on the injury yesterday and in a cruel blow, will be sidelined for the championship games against England and Scotland.

Connacht’s Quinn Roux has been called up to Joe Schmidt’s squad.

https://www.the42.ie/iain-henderson-...51678-Jan2019/ Further second row blow for Ireland as Henderson ruled out for 'several weeks'

The Ulster lock joins Tadhg Beirne in the treatment room ahead of the start of the Six Nations.

IRELAND’S SECOND ROW options have taken a further hit with the news Iain Henderson suffered a fresh finger injury at the weekend and will be sidelined for ‘several weeks’.

The Ulster lock sustained the injury during the province’s Heineken Champions Cup win over Leicester Tigers, and is now set to miss the Six Nations games against England and Scotland.

Last edited by Cowboy; 3rd-February-2019, 15:39.
      I am the million man.

Comment

At the moment I would take the Scottish half backs over ours and home advantage counts for a hell
        of a lot as well.

A win next week was a hard task before yesterday’s confidence draining display that leaves positional headaches in the 2nd row, the back row, wing and FB.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
          Scotland are a big threat at line out time. Toner is apparently the only one Joe trusts to make LO calls so I doubt he'll be dropped.
          If he’s rolled his ankle bad I dont think it matters who Joe trusts.
          “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

If he’s rolled his ankle bad I dont think it matters who Joe trusts.
            Had forgotton about that.

Comment

I don't think big changes are needed. Murray and Sexton are miles ahead of any other half back pairing in world rugby. One poor game where they had no platform from their forwards is not grounds to drop either. Cooney is a grand scrumhalf and Carbury is up and coming but neither are truely tested at this level.

I'd put Henderson in the second row with Ryan if he is fit seeing as Toner is likely out.

Conan to number 8 to replace the luckless CJ and Henshaw to his best position of 12. JL to full back.

Comment

Scotland at home are well capable of beating Ireland.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I’d put SOB at 8. Been playing there a bit and is a good option. Leavy (who I’d start) and VdF are excellent 7s, and Conan isn’t quite at SOB or CJ’s level.

Beirne or Hendo in at lock. Don’t mind which.

Worth giving Cronin a start at 2? Not writing off Best but with his age profile no harm giving somebody else a run.

I wouldn’t change the centre pairing.

I know you’ll think I’m mad but I’d double down on Henshaw and give him another go at 15. The Slam is gone and I still think he’s got the goods to be an excellent FB. That was as tough a re-introduction to the position as he could have faced. He’ll improve.

Larmour in for Earls. Addison or Conway on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                    I’d put SOB at 8. Been playing there a bit and is a good option. Leavy (who I’d start) and VdF are excellent 7s, and Conan isn’t quite at SOB or CJ’s level.

Beirne or Hendo in at lock. Don’t mind which.

Worth giving Cronin a start at 2? Not writing off Best but with his age profile no harm giving somebody else a run.

I wouldn’t change the centre pairing.

I know you’ll think I’m mad but I’d double down on Henshaw and give him another go at 15. The Slam is gone and I still think he’s got the goods to be an excellent FB. That was as tough a re-introduction to the position as he could have faced. He’ll improve.

Larmour in for Earls. Addison or Conway on the bench.
                    Neither Beirne or Henderson are fit for selection
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Get Conway in, Addison bench and given a half game over whatever wing or fullback is not playing as well as the others.
                      Kearney bench above Larmour, Larmour will get the Italy game as a starter. Henshaw stays 15 deserves another chance, positive experiment with RWC looming.
                      Rest Ryan and give Beirne a start, bring back Seanie to start, give Conan a start at 8.

Comment

Is there anything to be said for another Mass?
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Neither Beirne or Henderson are fit for selection
                          So much for our amazing strength in depth. If Toner is out, then Roux probably starts... and who'll get the bench spot... Is Dillane fit?

Donnacha Ryan and Zebo would come in handy now eh Joe.
                          Last edited by kahalui; 3rd-February-2019, 15:58.

Comment

It's a bit too soon actually to be talking about fixes. I'm pretty depressed today TBH.
                            I'm sure with time though this could be a wake up call, and the reason it hurts is we have got so used to winning which is a kind of positive..

Comment

Sounds like injuries will have a big say in the team v Scotland. I would like to see Henshaw get another outing at FB, and if Ealrs is out would prefer Conway to get a go than Larmour. Conway always looks hungrier and a man on a mission. Larmour is probably more talented but not sure he has enough dog in him yet

Comment

Working...
                              X