Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland V England Saturday 2nd February 16.45.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is rob Kearney injured or is the omission like the heaslip one where they just didn’t want to drop him but stander basically passed him by and they invented s mystery injury ?

also where’s leavy. ? Sorry I don’t follow the blue magic.

Comment

Originally posted by padders View Post

You would imagine so - would love to see hens haw running full tilt at a few flat passes down tuilagi's channel
      So he can take a clothesline to the neck and get Tuilagi sent off?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
        Is rob Kearney injured or is the omission like the heaslip one where they just didn’t want to drop him but stander basically passed him by and they invented s mystery injury ?

also where’s leavy. ? Sorry I don’t follow the blue magic.
        Rob is just back from an injury and played terriblely when he got some game time against scarlets with the kids last week so probably a bit of A and a bit of B.

Leavy is injured ..... the infamous week too soon.

Comment

They've kept the "Henshaw an option at 15 thing" quiet until yesterday but the call makes total sense. Larmour can slot in there later in the game and Henshaw covers 12 (or 13) well. Kearney was pretty iffy last weekend. Henshaw has a good track record against England and Aki is going well. Kilcoyne McGrath call deserved. In top form McGrath is in the test 23 for the lions but he just doesn't look fit and Kilcoyne is really flying, so good to see a form call. A bit surprised by Roux over Dillane considering he wasn't in the original squad but has more bulk which might have swung it. VdeF the right call - retain the starting Ireland pack that beat the ABs. SOB will be like a man possessed off the bench. Hope my flight home tomorrow night isn't cancelled because of snow!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

I have read about Rob's defensive organization many times, but I have never seen it. It is hard to gain credibility as the organizer of a defence if you can't tackle yourself.
            It’s his positional awareness that is his biggest asset apparently. He knows exactly where he should be in the backfield at all times.

The fact that in attack he can’t run forwards, identify an opportunity or make a pass is as irrelevant as his inability to make a tackle when he is in this perfect position because he is the best in the world at being in the right place.

Comment

Obviously joe doesn’t have enough faith in larmour to start. Those defense lapses of his v Italy last year upset joe.

To to put a lad who is back from injury in to a position he last played in 2013 is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                Obviously joe doesn’t have enough faith in larmour to start. Those defense lapses of his v Italy last year upset joe.

To to put a lad who is back from injury in to a position he last played in 2013 is odd.
                Keeping options open for the world cup? Having Robbie as a proper option for full back allows more options elsewhere maybe.

Comment

Tis well set for an ambush, not sure it'll happen but yont Englanders want to win fair bad.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

With viable options in midfield, bundee, Ringrose and Farrell I would like to see Henshaw play more at FB. Some of his best games for Connacht were at 15.

Comment

No Robert K??? ‘Tis the end of days I tell you
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I have read about Rob's defensive organization many times, but I have never seen it. It is hard to gain credibility as the organizer of a defence if you can't tackle yourself.
                        Is that why ROG is a defence coach? (Backs coach now, I know, but he started as a defence coach and I'm sure still does a lot of defence work for Crusaders)

Comment

I realise Joe didn’t have many options, but a great break for Cooney from the bench- could be great timing for him.

Comment

This became the reason for his inclusion around the last year or 2. Go back to the World Cup in 2015 though & none of the Argentine tries were either of the Kearney’s fault because it was Earlsie that didn’t organise the defence that day. The spin that goes into justifying some of these selections.

Its telling how bad last weeks performance was that even Joe had to take action.

Comment

I was sick today so I watched the gram slam match off my player and a year on without the emotion it was a strange game. We were not as dominant as i remember. The first try was a knock on by Kearney and stockdales albeit class was a bit fortunate as no ingoal area would be that big anywhere else. They also scored three tries and farrell missed 3 conversions. It is going to be a tight one score game on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post

Yes you are biased. Ringrose is a couple of levels above Farrell.
                                Oh the irony!!
                                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X