Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland V England Saturday 2nd February 16.45.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of Henshaw at FB, so it'll be an interesting one. Pretty safe to say England will drop a fair few bombs on him in the first 20 minutes to test him.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
      In fairness to Kearney for all the stick he gets and the flaws in his game, if he put in another 6 nations performance like last years we won’t go to far wrong.

one of the hardest calls any manager makes is knowing when a player is finished at that level.

The English have a few lads who need to be retired, (Dan Cole, Mike brown) and with so many young players in the French ranks they seem to have got the timing wrong on some guys.
      This is true, to be fair to Kearney, we do give him a bit of stick at times, but he does manage to pull off consistent performances for Ireland. Regardless of what form he seems to be in for Leinster. He mightn’t offer what we might hope for a full back but clearly Schmidt is pleased with it. Also to be fair, when you see the nightmare the Gloucester players had with Murray’s kicks, you get to appreciate just how important and almost for granted you take the Irish ability to win the high ball. Kearney has been consistent and gotten the job done for Schmidt. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Has anybody got a exact list of what central contracts there are in the Irish team. I know Munster s are earls. Murray. Pom. Stander.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
          So who wears 13?

Am I biased to think that there is nothing between Farrell and Ringrose?
          Yes you are biased. Ringrose is a couple of levels above Farrell.

Comment

Joe is prob afraid that nowell on the wing will mow over Bobert. He gave Munster awful problems in tp. Like a 7 on the wing. Maybe henshaws bulk is there to stop him rather than the Kearney style missed stunt man tackles.

Comment

Even if Henshaw is at Full back, and, like Stringer above, I'll believe it when I see it, I don't expect to see much of a change in how he will play from how Kearney would, apart from there will be more tackles made.

Henshaw will play according to the Joeball template.

Get the ball, run into contact and set up the ruck. No flashy offloads, no line breaks, both of which might lead to turnovers, the former an intercept and the latter a Pen when isolated in the tackle.

Joe doesn't tolerate either, particularly in our 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                Even if Henshaw is at Full back, and, like Stringer above, I'll believe it when I see it, I don't expect to see much of a change in how he will play from how Kearney would, apart from there will be more tackles made.

Get the ball, run into contact and set up the ruck. No flashy offloads, no line breaks, both of which might lead to turnovers, the former an intercept and the latter a Pen when isolated in the tackle.

Henshaw will offer more threat on the counter. Rob doesn’t run into contact deliberately, he just struggles to beat the first tackler. Robbie would be a bit more elusive and difficult to take down.

Will be interesting to see if he can get more involved and come into the line more than Rob. Dangerous runner if he can find the right angles.

Comment

I agree that Joe doesn't like 50/50 offloads but last year Rob was failing to make 90/10 offloads which would have put Earls through on at least one occasion in each match. Joe was accepting of that because obviously he feels Rob provides defensive organization. I don't think he will send Henshaw out with an instruction to take contact and recycle. If Joe valued that very highly then Haley would be in the squad. Like you I'll believe it when I see but if Joe does pick Henshaw at 15 then I'd expect us to be more dangerous and effective n attack while playing the same basic gameplan. Henshaw will also make more one-on-one tackles but I'd be a little worried about his positional awareness at 15 at this level.

Comment

tbf any coach wouldnt want to see flashy offloads in their own 22...unless a real opportunity is on...
                    Last edited by ormond lad; 31st-January-2019, 11:22.

Comment

England 23

Daly; Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell (c), Youngs; M.Vunipola, George, Sinckler; Itoje, Kruis; Wilson, T.Curry, B.Vunipola

Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Williams, Lawes, Hughes; Robson, Ford, Ashton

Comment

Underhill (My Ring, My Precious) being out is a game changer for us, he is already a world class level thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
                          Underhill (My Ring, My Precious) being out is a game changer for us, he is already a world class level thief.
                          Curry's not half bad either though.

Looks like Eddie has picked the best available team - bloody dangerous back 3, and Slade is capable of putting them into space. Crap !

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Curry's not half bad either though.

Looks like Eddie has picked the best available team - bloody dangerous back 3, and Slade is capable of putting them into space. Crap !
                            They will need the ball for that stuff...…….don't worry.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Ireland: R Henshaw; K Earls, G Ringrose, B Aki, J Stockdale; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best (capt), T Furlong; D Toner, J Ryan; P O'Mahony, J van der Flier, CJ Stander

Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, A Porter, Q Roux, S O'Brien, J Cooney, J Carbery, J Larmour

Comment

Ireland: R Henshaw; K Earls, G Ringrose, B Aki, J Stockdale; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best (capt), T Furlong; D Toner, J Ryan; P O'Mahony, J van der Flier, CJ Stander

Replacements: S Cronin, D Kilcoyne, A Porter, Q Roux, S O'Brien, J Cooney, J Carbery, J Larmour

Comment

Working...
                                X