Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland V England Saturday 2nd February 16.45.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conway for 15 in the future, I think.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

2 things were key. It was crucial not to allow England a quick start..................2nd, when Healy scored we relaxed and we thought it was business as normal. We gave them confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
        My view on player performance:
        Good - Ryan, VDF, Stander
        Avg - Healy, Furlong, Aki, Ringrose, Stockdale
        Poor - Best, Toner, POM, Murray, Sexton, Earls, Henshaw
        A tad hard on Ringrose who was possibly Ireland's best player today.
        Also SOB looked sharper than Stander, though he was coming on with fresh legs after Stander had ground out a hard stint.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Really missed Leavy.

Only quibble was Ireland not taking penalty advantage when 4 points down, ref didnt go back for pen when Ireland didn't get any advantage.

Could have been a game changer.

​​​​​​But England outstanding....very difficult to take.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
            I had high hopes of Henshaw at FB but the experiment misfired badly. Never mind the poor positioning, he really looked short of pace for this level.
            My fear during the week was that Henshaw would lack the speed needed for FB at this level. Smith, McKensie, Folau, Hogg, Daly, Williams etc all have serious pace.

It'll be interesting to see who Joe starts next week, I'd imagine Kearney, but who knows at this stage.

Comment

Lessons learnt -
              1 - Having a fullback with no positional sense destroys a team when the opposition have a decent kicking game (Leinster have struggled with Larmour at fullback against Toulouse away in the same way).
              2 - Forwards need to f*cking get over the gainline.
              3 - Conceding tries out in the wide channels happens even when the Kearney's aren't playing

We had more possession, territory, missed less tackles, beat more defenders, made the same amount of clean breaks, gave away less penalties, lost less lineouts and if not for 1 bad defensive read (Earls), 1 poor ball loss (Stockdale), a woeful positional game (Henshaw) we could have won playing extremely badly.
              What complete and utter b’’’ocks.

Comment

Ireland seemed to kick to May rather than to Daly - who is suspect in the air and should have played territory in middle of 2nd half when England were making mistakes.

Not as good as we thought we were.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

They kicked way better than us, they defended kicks way better than us

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

A tad hard on Ringrose who was possibly Ireland's best player today.
                    Also SOB looked sharper than Stander, though he was coming on with fresh legs after Stander had ground out a hard stint.
                    Ringrose was our best player today indeed.

Comment

Beaten by the better team, more physical and very fast line speed which we had no answer to - which is worring......
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

My view on player performance:
                        Good - Ryan, VDF, Stander
                        Avg - Healy, Furlong, Aki, Ringrose, Stockdale
                        Poor - Best, Toner, POM, Murray, Sexton, Earls, Henshaw
                        Ringrose was the best Irish player on the pitch by a country mile (I’m not sure what a country mile but it’s supposedly longer than a mile).

Suprisingly it was only when Lamour came on we had a back three player who could compete in the air. We should have a fullback start at 15 next week and I’d like to see Henshaw at 12.

Comment

Murray not back to his best yet,kept kicking to May, Englands best player.
                          Missed Leavy,missed Henderson . RoryBest Van Der Flier not really at the races.
                          Henshaw at times all at sea.
                          Bundee our best player today.

Comment

Form backline for next week:

Cooney, Carbery
                            stockdale, Ringrose Aki Conway
                            Addison

Comment

Zebo probably there also. And Haley would have been better than Henshaw too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie P View Post
                                Murray not back to his best yet,kept kicking to May, Englands best player.
                                Missed Leavy,missed Henderson . RoryBest Van Der Flier not really at the races.
                                Henshaw at times all at sea.
                                Bundee our best player today.
                                Do not agree, but I do not have the absolute truth: MotM for me was Henry Slade. Terrific in defense, class act on his first try and twice scorer. In such a form will be England a candidate for the Great Slam, and a real contender for the World Cp
                                Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 2nd-February-2019, 20:10. Reason: fecking keyboard
                                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Working...
                                X