RWC xv??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC xv??

Who do you guys think will be the first choice team (assuming no injuries) in september?

The same team to start on saturday bar flannery for best and if eddie gets his act together best at 6 but that wont happen

Comment

The exact same fifteen as Saturday, no changes bar a one or two switches in the replacements. It would take a bit for Eddie to replace Rory Best now, but he has played very well in 6N so far...

Comment

I'm sorry Ja but you must be watching a different 6N to me. Rory's work in the loose has been admirable but as a hooker his throw is way too arced and he was destroyed by the Welsh front row in the scrum. He survived againt France only because POC and DOC put in way more than should be required.

Flannery's flatter throw is an asset and I don't recall him losing a scrum against the head.In the modern game (especially for us) possession off our own set piece is vital.Flannery virtually guarantees it: I close my eyes for a best throw.

Eamo
        I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
        HL Mencken

Comment

Eamo i think you're a it harsh on Rory (especially about scrummaging where Rory excels) but nonetheless Flannery should/will most likely be starting hooker come the RWC, other than that Best for Easterby would be possible and at a stretch pending form Trimble could yet put Hickie under pressure and i suppose FB is hardly a done deal for Girv yet. I'd also suggest from a personal perspective that Boss could yet come into the equation but i am on the wrong website to spurting opinions like that around[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img].

All in all there are still a few positions open, especially hooker and blinside flanker.

Comment

It would be great to think that EOS could try a few players in the Scottish and Italian gamesor that someone might put their hand up through outstanding performances in the HEC knockout phase but it is extremely unlikely that we will see much of a change from the team for tomorrow. I'd love to see a bit of creativity applied to the selection of the back 3 - 11. Trimble 14. Horgan 15. Hickie/ Kearney - and even the back row- 6 Leamy 7 Wallace 8 Heaslip/ 6. Wallace, 7. Jennings, 8. Leamy - But when it comes to the crunch EOS will try to play the same 15 lads that are playing on Saturdayagainst France, Argentina, QF... until they collapse from exhaustion!

Comment

He has to try out a replacement tight head surely.
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Why do people keep calling for Hickie at full back?

Comment

Because our incumbent full backs are average at best?

Comment

What makes you think Hickie would be a better FB? The guy is a winger imo, a very good winger but I wouldn't play him at FB.

Comment

I am going to break ranks here and agree with Dan. Hickie isnt likely to change position at this stage of his career.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

I'm not insisting he should be full back but he has all the credentials required to play in that position - A latham-esque left boot, solid defence and a running style suited to counter-attacking. Not 100% sure what he'd be like under the high ball however. If we're looking for improvements on our current 15 that could be one. We absolutely need to cover tighthead but if the discussion is regarding potential first 15 and how we could improve there by world cup time, thentight head is not an issue as there's no one to challengeHayes.

Comment

Full back is a big problem. Dempsey has been average to poor so far in this championship. Unless he plays well tommorow, he deserves to be dropped (Trimble & Murph haveboth got the boot & Swerve has been every bit as poor). I know EOS will never drop one of his favourites but another poor game from swerve tommorow & we should be looking to experiment for the two last matches. Bowe, Kearney, Riordan : anyone but we cant continue with this.
                          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

I think Rob Kearney deserves a game. If Fitz does he certainly does.

Comment

Working...
                            X