Guinness 2019 6 Nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Authorities have to do something about the French TV - Dupont clearly knocked on in the build up for the first disallowed try, was clear in real time, ref asked for a replay. The TV Director showed very ****ing angle, every ****ing phase except that one. You could see the TMO getting frustrated. Finally he shows it once and then does the same BS again showing earlier and later phases. Juvenile stuff.
    except productors/directors have no influence on what angles the TMO can watch/see in reviewing situations.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

There was also a difference in the reffing where Jaco was more strict on the offside line and messing in the ruck which impacted England considerably I thought as well as Itoje/Mako missing and Wales having a natural fullback to defuse a lot of the kicking game!
      True on the ruck - England's penalty count shot up, and they got to Sinckler too.

Liam Williams was tremendous as well.

The two together swung it, I think - they dealt far better with the England kicking game than we did, and the penalties gave them opportunities for field position that their smother defence denied us.

It will be interesting to see how well we show in Cardiff. I think we look a good bit short of both these teams.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Wales were very clever in keeping it narrow to make England tackle themselves into exhaustion. England are not as fit as the Pro 14 sides so, if you can handle the orcs extra bulk for 60 minutes the dope will have been roped. It is the template for beating Exeter and Saracens as well. Ireland were so poor in the first game that they made England look a lot better and fitter than they actually were.

Comment

Great to see sinckler implode, he's a prick. Gatland got to him during the week and AWJ went at him every chance he got. The beginning of the meltdown for england was around the welsh lineout on about 50 mins, liam williams looked for a quick throw, tuilagi snaps the ball and throws it at him and then grabs him by the throat. AWJ finds sinckler and sinkler starts the dumb finger pointing. england concede a free kick for closing the gap (something they constantly do along with the constant off side). couple of moments later anscombe slots the pen to make it 6-10 and game on.

MOD EDIT - use your own platform to imply that any named individuals or groups are taking PEDs.
          Last edited by mr chips; 24th-February-2019, 18:11.

Comment

Itoje, Mako, Billy and Tuilagi are their creators of go forward, with two of them out it’s easier to beat them

Comment

englands favoured option was to kick, tuilagi's first decent carry wasnt till the 60 mins mark or so

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                except productors/directors have no influence on what angles the TMO can watch/see in reviewing situations.

Did not know that. It certainly didnt look that way and TMO seeemed to be having problems getting whomever was showing him the phases to show the one he wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Did not know that. It certainly didnt look that way and TMO seeemed to be having problems getting whomever was showing him the phases to show the one he wanted
                  on the tmo feed to the ref the tmo was clearly requesting the footage from someone

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

on the tmo feed to the ref the tmo was clearly requesting the footage from someone
                    Similar issue for gouging on Cloete against Castres.

Comment

Anyone else got a bit of a sneaky feeling the Boo boys might surprise Wales? Ireland and France conspired to make England look a lot better than they actually are and Wales really didn’t have to play that well to beat the Orcs yet now they are suddenly world beaters. With the shambles going on in the regions there could be a few minds elsewhere. I don’t want to see it, I hasten to add, but I think Scotland might cause a bit of a shock.
                      Last edited by the plastic paddy; 7th-March-2019, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        Anyone else got a bit of a sneaky feeling the Boo boys might surprise Wales? Ireland and France conspired to make England look a lot better than they actually are and Wales really didn’t have to play that well to beat the Orcs yet now they are suddenly world beaters. With the shambles going on in the regions there could be a few minds elsewhere. I don’t want to see it, I hasten to add, but I think Scotland might cause a bit of a shock.
                        Would like that to be the case, but the Scots are pants, we kept them in our match because we were so rubbish
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Scotland to just about edge it.

Edit: Meh
                          Last edited by MunsterLux; 9th-March-2019, 14:50.

Comment

Rare enough error from Wales there.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Béal Feirste's Tommy Seymour off with an arm injury.

Comment

Beating France at home is a pre-requisite for this Irish side if we are to have ambitions of glory in Japan, but next weeks test against Wales is going to tell us a lot more about what level we are actually at.

With wales looking good and 9 points up near HT it’s hard to see Cardiff being anything other than a cauldron as Wales will have a GS on the agenda next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X