Guinness 2019 6 Nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reggie P View Post
    France have the players but so poorly coached.
    They need to sack Brunel now !
    Not sure you can blame a coach for France’s second half capitulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

The French better show up on Friday. But on the other hand, can we ever rely on the French?

Thats that question answered, they showed up, because it’s impossible to surrender when your not in attendance.

Comment

Teams often improve after an unconvincing start to 6N, we did last year, but both of these have a heck of a way to go. Both teams were awful, even in the halves where they were better, neither team seemed to me to be more than average. Neither should worry us. Less said about the officiating the better.
        Last edited by jagawayagain; 2nd-February-2019, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
          Teams often improve after an unconvincing start to 6N, we did last year, but both of these have a heck of a way to go. Both teams were awful, even in the halves where they were better, neither team seemed to me to be more than average. Neither should worry us. Less said about the officiating the better.
          You'd back Wales to improve their performance level though, and they've forgotten how the lose which helps. They have great players in key spots, and have a knack of keeping themselves in, or even getting ahead in, games where they're getting totally outplayed. George North is also starting to resemble the pre Northampton version which is worth a try or two a game to them.

As others have said, France just continue to look like a team with fantastic players and skill levels but one that is poorly drilled. I wouldn't even say poorly coached, as they can play smashing rugby and are much improved in their approach to a few years ago. It just seems like they lack the time together that the other sides (us in particular) have to get familiar enough with their systems so that they execute things properly and often. This isn't helped by the how wide their players are spread at domestic level, and the depth of a playing pool they work with.
          "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Russells pass was forward for that try. I'm surprised the Italians didn't make the ref check it.

Comment

HIA for Tommy Allen, so Ian McKinley takes the field. Gwan!
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

How does that qualify as downward pressure? No try for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                  How does that qualify as downward pressure? No try for me.
                  Law 22.1 GROUNDING The BALL
                  There are two ways a player can ground the ball:
                  (a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.
                  (b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                    Law 22.1 GROUNDING The BALL
                    There are two ways a player can ground the ball:
                    (a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.
                    (b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive.
                    If anything, it looked more like sideward 'pressure'.

Comment

After re-reading I think I agree

Comment

Another ref might well have ruled that a knock-on

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Another ref might well have ruled that a knock-on
                          That's what it looked like to me.

Comment

France have given FrenchPaulie the start agin the Rosbifs, he one qare lookin bloke but savage at the rugbys

Click image for larger version

Name:	felix-lambey-faire-reculer-l-adversaire-800x0.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	2558619
                            I am the million man.

Comment

that big red head certainly stands out on TV. And he's not afraid to put himself about, a force to be reckoned with

Comment

I don't really understand the French these days as they keep changing players. I think Brunel is off his head.
                                I am not a fan of massive lumbering threequarters give or take a giant centre or two. I know Bastareud is super talented at times and not just a freak of nature but I also see him having awful games and looking like a liability
                                I suppose Fofana was injured but I wanted to see Fickou and Fofana play together (at LAST).
                                Huget is a superb player and eternally underrated. I think he's the best winger in the world and would absolutely shine in the NZ or Ireland team. I'm not sure if he's a FB and can't remember who played FB last week. I know nothing about Penaud except him scoring a wonder try against somebody. They seem to have a lot of one hit wonders they then discard. Where's that boy genius new outhalf for a start?

Comment

Working...
                                X