Guinness 2019 6 Nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Have you watched Connacht of late? Butler, Fainga’a and Godwin are class acts. Butler’s their fecking captain for God’s sake. He’s a better player than Botha for example, and Fainga’a isn’t far off. Godwin is a better player than Haley and much better than (the truly awful) Tomane. I’d be very happy to have any of those three in our squad.

Educate yourself on these lads before you comment. You do them a disservice.
    For a comparison to be made on how the provinces are treated you need to judge them on how they were precived when they were signed. Munster were given players brought home to get them eligble to play for Ireland. Players already previewed to be up to the standard of representing Ireland at test level. The 3 boys you mentioned are late 20s with one Aussie cap between them.

Munster would like everybody’s players in their squad so I’m not surprised by you want them three. Go crying to the IRFU and get them to break their contracts why don’t ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

For a comparison to be made on how the provinces are treated you need to judge them on how they were precived when they were signed. Munster were given players brought home to get them eligble to play for Ireland. Players already previewed to be up to the standard of representing Ireland at test level. The 3 boys you mentioned are late 20s with one Aussie cap between them.

Munster would like everybody’s players in their squad so I’m not surprised by you want them three. Go crying to the IRFU and get them to break their contracts why don’t ya.
      When Henshaw was Thieved, all bets were off on player movement. A red line was crossed, don't you know.

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post

When Henshaw was Thieved, all bets were off on player movement. A red line was crossed, don't you know.
        Henshaw was out of contract so free to move, also he’s from Leinster and wanted to represent his home province, lastly he wasn’t “encouraged” to move by the IRFU or the national team coach.

Comment

So he wasn’t offered free use of an apartment in Dublin, then?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Yeah sure it’s Joes name on the rent book

Comment

You can't keep a good Leinster boy from the Are Dee Ess forever. Just look at young Johnny Sexton - had a taste of the foreign and decided the wine they make in Donnybrook tastes better.

Comment

Just because you didn’t know who they were when Connacht signed them doesn’t mean they weren’t perceived to be good.

Connacht have a fine, well funded squad that’s doing well in the Pro14 and Europe (despite Leinster’s efforts to asset strip them). Still not sure why you’re so concerned.

Comment

Just because you didn’t know who they were when Connacht signed them doesn’t mean they weren’t perceived to be good.

Connacht have a fine, well funded squad that’s doing well in the Pro14 and Europe (despite Leinster’s efforts to asset strip them). Still not sure why you’re so concerned.
                  He’s not concerned- just sad enough to come on an pposition forum with the sole intention of winding people up, and deflecting the fact that IRFU have bankrolled Leinster for decades.

Comment

As the saying goes: You don't become a bad player overnight. Kearney's been crap for years. He hasn't been the form pick since about 2012. Doesn't matter. The jersey is his. Only a serious deterioration in his physical wellbeing, like rigor mortis, would see him lose it.

Comment

They are not of the same quality as the lads being brought back to Ireland to get them into the Irish team. Lads such as Moore, Addison, Farrell and Bernie. In all cases Connacht had greater need then the teams mentioned.

Having lived in galway for a year this is something that pisses off the natives. The 3 lads you mentioned had one Aussie cap between them. So it seems a lot of people who knew more about them than me didn’t think they were great before they signed for Connacht.

Lastly cause it’s nice to respond to all points somebody makes for every player Leinster take from Connacht they give about five and mostly we are only taking back our own people.

Jaysus I only said that I thought Connachts rise has been great considering they arnt as well supported as the other teams. I never said they aren’t supported at all. Now I’ve got people calling me names ..... and it’s the week of Ireland v England ....... let’s stop the fussing and a feuding

Comment

It’s tenious at best.

So 6 nations who gets the 12, 17, 19 and 23 shirts?
                        For me it's got to be Bundee, Jackie Mack, the Tralee lad and Lar Mór.
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

France: Maxime Medard; Damian Penaud, Wesley Fofana, Romain Ntamack, Yoann Huget; Camille Lopez, Morgan Parra; Jefferson Poirot, Guilhem Guirado (capt), Uini Atonio, Sebastien Vahaamahina, Paul Willemse, Wenceslas Lauret, Arthur Iturria, Louis Picamoles.

Replacements: Julien Marchand, Dany Priso, Demba Bamba, Felix Lambey, Gregory Alldritt, Baptiste Serin, Gael Fickou, Geoffrey Doumayrou.

Wales: Liam Williams (Saracens); George North (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester); Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, captain), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Dragons).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Dragons), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Northampton), Owen Watkin (Ospreys).

Comment

It’s tenious at best.

So 6 nations who gets the 12, 17, 19 and 23 shirts?
                            But I suspect Naomh Joe will go with Quinny Roux at 19 for the bit of ballast
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

For me it's got to be Bundee, Jackie Mack, the Tralee lad and Lar Mór.
                              I’d agree but with Kilcoyne at 17, some stuff in the paper saying Henshaw at 15. I was at the scarlets game last week and the Rob had a bad game .... jaysus he was dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                                France: Maxime Medard; Damian Penaud, Wesley Fofana, Romain Ntamack, Yoann Huget; Camille Lopez, Morgan Parra; Jefferson Poirot, Guilhem Guirado (capt), Uini Atonio, Sebastien Vahaamahina, Paul Willemse, Wenceslas Lauret, Arthur Iturria, Louis Picamoles.

Replacements: Julien Marchand, Dany Priso, Demba Bamba, Felix Lambey, Gregory Alldritt, Baptiste Serin, Gael Fickou, Geoffrey Doumayrou.

Wales: Liam Williams (Saracens); George North (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester); Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, captain), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Dragons).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Wyn Jones (Scarlets), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Cory Hill (Dragons), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Northampton), Owen Watkin (Ospreys).
                                First team news ..... it’s getting close men, I’m so hard right now

Comment

Working...
                                X