RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

If anything teams that have to travel long distances should be allowed to have bigger squads if they want. It’s easy for AUS or NZ to bring in a player but a disadvantage for teams from Europe.
    Ah we'll there may easily be a number of players from European teams holidaying on that side of the world!

Comment

If anything teams that have to travel long distances should be allowed to have bigger squads if they want. It’s easy for AUS or NZ to bring in a player but a disadvantage for teams from Europe.
      Players even if in Japan cant join squad officially for 72 hours to stop situations like this from happening.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Comment

Conan is looking like a certainty for the RWC squad now.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
          Conan is looking like a certainty for the RWC squad now.
          Presuming he’s bringing 5 with Henderson providing additional cover id say

Certain: POM, CJ, VDF, Probably: Conan then one from SOB, Ruddock or Nordi .... I’d say Nordi unless SOB has an amazing game in Celtic Park, Ruddock misses out as 7 cover is needed more than 6 or 8
          “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

If Leavy wasn't injured CJ would be under pressure to make it
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
              Could well be so, although proven quality - so I’d have thought he’d be ahead of Conan, were Leavy available, real shame he isn’t.

Comment

NZ is as far and as long from Japan as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post

NZ is as far and as long from Japan as we are.
                  True, both c11 hrs flying time, although longer recovery time from flight because of time zone transitions.

Comment

I don't think so, he's performed better in green than Conan has. Not slighting Conan, who has certainly played his way into contention for the 8 shirt, but I think joe trusts CJ to show up in big matches. plus, Conan only plays 8, CJ can play 6, which allows for greater rotation. If Leavy wasn't injured, SOB would be the one to certainly miss out imo. Injury prone, hasn't found anything resembling his past form. It would be POM, CJ and Leavy ,Jordi or JVF and Conan. SOB's a legend, but age is still undefeated in professional sports.

Comment

If my aunt

Comment

I can see Team Green having to work very hard to beat Scotland in the RWC. Infacta I wouldn't be overly surprised if they lost.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                          I can see Team Green having to work very hard to beat Scotland in the RWC. Infacta I wouldn't be overly surprised if they lost.
                          On what basis do you think that?

Comment

1. Revenge, they felt they were robbed in the 6N match
                            2. Glasgow, We'll see how their style of play translates to the international level and finds out our style (unless joe takes a few things on board)
                            3. Hogg, again he will feel he's a point to prove after been 'taken out' in the 6N game

Comment

I think Scotland are playing better rugby, and that Ireland have been found out tactically too often.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Extended squad to named soon, don't expect too many bolters

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-38141816.html

Comment

Working...
                                X