No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O ’Mahony and Stander will travel barring injury. Ruddock would be my next choice only problem is as a 6.5 he is up against the former two and while an excellent player not quite at the level of either, if either injured out an excellent replacement. VDF will be back in time all going well. Conan has been putting his hand up and making some eye catching breaks, something the Irish team has been missing. SOB – if its the real SOB any day of the week - but it’s really starting to look like he is diminished by his injuries. Murphy was good at the weekend.
    A load of young pretenders have a chance, but they are all up against it. Of the young guns no one has mentioned Deegan yet, looks like a very decent player. Not a stato but suspect he has been in more Heineken squads than a lot of the others mentioned so arguably more experience at a higher level. I suspect barring injuries and assuming VDF comes back fit will be CJ, POM, VDF, Murphy and Conan who will travel. Ruddock will be very unfortunate but will miss out. SOB rolling back the years and rediscovering his mojo would bump one of Murphy and Conan, suspect Conan. Given the attritional nature of the game its highly likely one of these 6 will be injured for the RWC. Remember what happened poor Wally in the RWC warm ups in 2011.
    Anyone know what the rules are for injury replacement once the competition starts?

Comment

Ulster hooker Herring has been in a run of great form. At the moment he is probably a better loking all-round hooker than Scannell or Cronin. He's powerful, fast and a good carrier (ex flanker). If he holds this form he could be a serious candidate for the RWC squad.
      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Something along the lines of:

O'Sullivan Herring Furlong
        Ryan Henderson
        Beirne CJ PO'M
        Murray Carty
        Earls Aki Farrell Lar
        Stockdale

Killer Cronin Ryan Dillane Murphy
        Blade JJ Zeebs

is starting to look like our best current outfit.

I've high hopes Healy, McGrath, Best, SOB, Jonty, Ringrose & co can be nurtured back to form between June and October.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Something along the lines of:

O'Sullivan Herring Furlong
          Ryan Henderson
          Beirne CJ PO'M
          Murray Carty
          Earls Aki Farrell Lar
          Stockdale

Killer Cronin Ryan Dillane Murphy
          Blade JJ Zeebs

is starting to look like our best current outfit.

I've high hopes Healy, McGrath, Best, SOB, Jonty, Ringrose & co can be nurtured back to form between June and October.
          You are surely high??

Comment

Nope. Hi
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
            X