No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Joe on the moment, Sweets, John Ryan, Murray and Joey there among others, yet seems POM and KEarls allowed time off.
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Earls has 27 tries in 72 Ireland appearances (64 starts) which I would have thought is not too shabby. Stockdale is a phenomenon re try scoring it must be said so anybody else will pale in comparison. And Earls is playing as well as he ever has. Conway is playing superbly but cant displace him. Not saying nothin about Rob. Larmour has loads of potential but unproven. Addison looks really, really promising. Thats six. After that there is a drop off

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Sure Franno had Macken and Andy Conway in the Irish backline at the height of the tiger
        Knowing Franno he'd still have Macken in the first XV but Conway, in taking the step down to Munster, showed he doesn't have the ambition or talent to play for Ireland.

Comment

Surprised that anyone wouldnt have Leavy in the Irish team now after last season. He was phenomenal and key to club and country's success. SOB is gone IMO, class player but a guy who plays like he does always was at risk of a short shelf life, I think hes crocked. Leavy edges VDF but both are excellent 7s.

\"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Many had Mr Healy written off for finished 2 years back. I reckon Seanie will dominate RWC 2019.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Jack McGrath and Rob Kearney, both wondering if they need to contact VirginMedia to get a ticket to Japan this autumn

Comment

Irrespective of Henshaws performance this weekend, I don't doubt Kearney will be starting FB for Ireland come World Cup time. Will Conway, Addison or Larmour even make it to Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                  Irrespective of Henshaws performance this weekend, I don't doubt Kearney will be starting FB for Ireland come World Cup time. Will Conway, Addison or Larmour even make it to Japan?
                  31 man squad. I think at the most only one of those will be dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

31 man squad. I think at the most only one of those will be dropped.
                    Meant to say 'and' not 'or'. if there's no injuries prior to WC, one of those 3 will miss out. Meanwhile, Kearney, who only covers one position, will be there.

Comment

Meant to say 'and' not 'or'. if there's no injuries prior to WC, one of those 3 will miss out. Meanwhile, Kearney, who only covers one position, will be there.
                      If Robbie goes well this weekend he could end up playing there throughout the 6Ns. That would change the picture considerably. Unlikely Rob won’t travel but not inconceivable given his lack of versatility.

However, I think Conway is least likely to travel. He’s an excellent player and deserves the spot more than Larmour or Addison (based on form/accomplishments rather than potential) but he hasn’t really been that involved and Joe seems to favour the other two (plus Rob).

Comment

Whatever happens, I'm glad Joe is giving someone other than Rob a chance to show what they can offer.

Comment

Whatever happens, I'm glad Joe is giving someone other than Rob a chance to show what they can offer.
                          I backed Joe to know what he was doing, if he was comfortable putting Henshaw in for that game I thought that was good enough for me. It was the wrong call. He spent so much time chasing bobbling ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                            I still have high hopes for Gerhard van den Heever.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlzhkLazD0
                            4.49 mins in.....

Comment

Mid 6N review

Props:
                              Tadhg Furlong
                              Andrew Porter
                              Cian Healy
                              Dave Kilcoyne (Jack McGrath)
                              John Ryan

Hookers:
                              Rory Best [captain]
                              Sean Cronin (moved below NS?)
                              Niall Scannell

Second rows:
                              Iain Henderson
                              James Ryan
                              Devin Toner
                              Tadhg Beirne

So where does Quinn Roux go?

Back rows:
                              Peter O’Mahony
                              Sean O’Brien
                              Dan Leavy
                              CJ Stander
                              Jordi Murphy/JvDF/Roux?

Scrum-halves:
                              Conor Murray
                              Luke McGrath/Marmion
                              John Cooney

Out-halves:
                              Johnny Sexton
                              Joey Carbery
                              Ross Byrne/ Jack Carty ahead now?

Centres:
                              Garry Ringrose
                              Bundee Aki
                              Robbie Henshaw

Chris Farrell definitely a Joe favorite

Back three:
                              Rob Kearney, back in favour
                              Jacob Stockdale
                              Keith Earls
                              Jordan Larmour
                              Will Addison, injury not helping his cause.

Comment

Chris Farrell will surely make it very impressive every time he plays. Would imagine Joe will only bring 5 half-backs, possibly bringing Cooney to play 10 and only Sexton and Carbery as out and out 10s?

Comment

Working...
                                X