Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sulla View Post

    He's very much more than just a lighthouse at lineout time, any student of the game would see that.
    You’re right. This student of the game thinks he’s also a big fanny.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

    "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


    "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

    Comment


      Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

      Balla surely you have to admit Zebo's level (at an international level) is nowhere near his club level (his try scoring record is actually worse than McFaddens).

      Simon Zebo in 35 caps has scored 9 tries - 1 6Nations try in 2013 (15 games), 0 RWC tries (3 games), 2 tries in RWC games and 6 tries in Summer/Winter tour games (15 games).
      Fergus McFadden in 34 caps has scored 10 tries - 4
      6Nations tries (18 games), 1 RWC tries (1 game), 0 tries in RWC games and 5 tries in Summer/Winter tour games (11 games).

      He’s proven time and again against all sorts of defenses that he can create tries.

      McFadden falling over the line as a winger isn’t really a valid comparison, imo.

      Compare his try scoring record from FB with RKs and it might be worth noting...
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

      "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


      "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

      Comment


        Originally posted by Sulla View Post

        He's very much more than just a lighthouse at lineout time, any student of the game would see that.
        Do elaborate on what he brings please
        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

        Comment


          Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

          Balla surely you have to admit Zebo's level (at an international level) is nowhere near his club level (his try scoring record is actually worse than McFaddens).

          Simon Zebo in 35 caps has scored 9 tries - 1 6Nations try in 2013 (15 games), 0 RWC tries (3 games), 2 tries in RWC games and 6 tries in Summer/Winter tour games (15 games).
          Fergus McFadden in 34 caps has scored 10 tries - 4
          6Nations tries (18 games), 1 RWC tries (1 game), 0 tries in RWC games and 5 tries in Summer/Winter tour games (11 games).
          Fergalicious scoring vs Russia in 2011 doesnt mean jack sh!t.
          \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

          Comment


            Just so we're clear it seems that our Leinster friends reckon Toner and Rob/Ferg > Ryan and Zebo, I cant wait to see Racing and co break the bank for those signatures post WC.
            \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
              Just so we're clear it seems that our Leinster friends reckon Toner and Rob/Ferg > Ryan and Zebo, I cant wait to see Racing and co break the bank for those signatures post WC.
              I wouldn't rate McFadden above Zebo but I do rate Toner and Rob ahead of Ryan/Zebo. It's also proven by the Irish coach/management set-up who also preferred them. Why would Toner/Rob want to leave a team that wins trophies on a regular basis though?

              Comment


                Interesting article here from Jake White. https://www.alloutrugby.com/why-have-a-ball-jake/

                Basically he says that the team who has more possession usually lose the big games. Wales' 6N win adds further weight to his argument.


                Schmidt will be looking to buck the trend as he loves to dominate possession.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                  Interesting article here from Jake White. https://www.alloutrugby.com/why-have-a-ball-jake/

                  Basically he says that the team who has more possession usually lose the big games. Wales' 6N win adds further weight to his argument.


                  Schmidt will be looking to buck the trend as he loves to dominate possession.
                  Wasn't that the argument used by Tom Kiernan in the All Blacks game, give them bad ball, and then more of it.

                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                  Comment


                    Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                    Wasn't that the argument used by Tom Kiernan in the All Blacks game, give them bad ball, and then more of it.
                    that has become a major point of frustration for me at least; Ireland are just banging away, getting relatively nowhere and they refuse to kick it down the pitch. Let the opponent have it back in a bad spot and make them attack their way out of it. Retaining possession for 25 phases is great and all, but when it ends in a knock on, turnover or penalty, all that work was worthless.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                      that has become a major point of frustration for me at least; Ireland are just banging away, getting relatively nowhere and they refuse to kick it down the pitch. Let the opponent have it back in a bad spot and make them attack their way out of it. Retaining possession for 25 phases is great and all, but when it ends in a knock on, turnover or penalty, all that work was worthless.
                      yeah, if your attack is strong it should do something in the first 3-5 phases, if you are struggling to make headway at that point trust your defence (and kick it to the corners), otherwise the risk (penalty, dropped ball, interception) keeps increasing without any gain.
                      Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                      Comment


                        Addison back in training with Ireland squad, lessens Conway's chances, could tighten up centre picks as well
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                        Comment


                          Can't see D.Ryan or Zebo (who left Munster/Ireland through choice don't forget in full knowledge of what that'd do to their international prospects) being in Japan other than as tourists.

                          Ryan is great but is too old and has a relatively poor injury history. Zebo has skill and flair but we all know his downside. More importantly so does Joe. Not that Toner and Bobert are any/much better.

                          p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Kearney makes the trip.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                            p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Kearney makes the trip.
                            There's no call for that . . . this is a family site !

                            Comment


                              Zebo, D Ryan, D Kearney.. all silly season red herrings re going to the RWC.

                              Will make comment here and on some trash sites like Rugbylad, keeps the trolls and associated happy
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                                Zebo, D Ryan, D Kearney.. all silly season red herrings re going to the RWC.

                                Will make comment here and on some trash sites like Rugbylad, keeps the trolls and associated happy
                                Ah Sulla there you are!
                                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X