RWC 2019 31 Man squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

The best four teams in the last world cup were all from super rugby clubs/southern hemisphere and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case this time round as well.

I said Ryan is a very good lock and would be one of the first names I'd have on the Irish team.
    You Leinster fans are getting your knickers in a twist. Have a look at the title of this thread.
    My comments on Ryan have nothing to do with Leinster-Munster rivalry. I compared him to some of the current worlds best locks, none of which happen to be from Munster.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JollyEvergreenBorzoi-size_restricted.gif
Views:	178
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2572356

Comment

Well now, their is a handy lock called Ryan from Munster.......just won’t be in Japan more’s the pity

Comment

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post
        Well now, their is a handy lock called Ryan from Munster.......just won’t be in Japan more’s the pity
        Which Irish lock should be dropped from the RWC squad for D Ryan though?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

NZ might have the haka, but this will put the fear of god into anyone.

https://youtu.be/VrNOeZM9jqI

Comment

Well it put the fear of god in me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              NZ might have the haka, but this will put the fear of god into anyone.

https://youtu.be/VrNOeZM9jqI
              That made me so uncomfortable for all involved it made me nauseous.
              Last edited by barryfitz87; 28th-June-2019, 17:32.

Comment

I love seeing a pile of gob****es hanging off the back of a little vehicle.

Good man Ritchie, never miss a chance to make a few bob
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The highlight, if you get that far in the video is when he walks into the Aviva and has one of the shytest seats in the place.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                    The highlight, if you get that far in the video is when he walks into the Aviva and has one of the shytest seats in the place.
                    I got about a minute in. I couldn’t bear anymore

Comment

Ireland team training at Thomond Park on July 19th. Some tickets will be available starting tomorrow morning at 11am. There’s a link on the Munster website to buy them in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                        Which Irish lock should be dropped from the RWC squad for D Ryan though?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                        Personally I’d bring him ahead of any of Roux, Kleyn Dillane & Beirne, but I am showing my age, I like my locks to be able to compete in a lineout, lock out a scrum, shunt a ruck into next week and on the very rare occasions when they get the ball in open space put the head down and power for the line with good old fashioned tunnel vision, pumping the knees high, none of your modern passing and offloading lark out of the tackle for a 4 or a 5.

Seriously though, have posted before, Ireland missing a trick with both Paris exiles, with Zebo you can rationalise his exclusion given his public comments with respect to his relationship with the coach, not many coaches would want a player in the squad who has spoken out as frankly, imagine he would be perceived risk to squad morale. But DR was a Schmidt favourite, he got the vast bulk of his starting caps under Schmidt, he was there for games like the NZ win in Chicago. he played 4 games in the 2017 6N (and I think he was injured for the game he missed) just before he left for France - although he had the smarts not to announce he was leaving until after the 6N. When I’ve watched him play this season he has delivered, he’d certainly be in the mix and to my mind Schmidt would bring Donnacha if he could.

Comment

Joe won't compromise on Zebo as we've a million wingers but I have a small inkling he may bring in Donncha Ryan for the RWC. He's out of the job in October so he may not care so much about enforcing the convention if it means getting a better player in. Would probably require an injury or two though.

Comment

A million wingers? I think you're mixing Ireland wingers up with NZ wingers... there's a big drop off in quality after Earls/Stockdale.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
                              A million wingers? I think you're mixing Ireland wingers up with NZ wingers... there's a big drop off in quality after Earls/Stockdale.
                              Maybe, but he's not going to call up Zebo unless a ton of them are injured.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

Maybe, but he's not going to call up Zebo unless a ton of them are injured.
                                I can’t see it either. Conway and Larmour are decent options but Zebo is better than both of them. Irelands loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X