Joe Schmidt leaves after the WC and Andy Farrell takes over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Schmidt leaves after the WC and Andy Farrell takes over

Joe Schmidt leaves after the WC and Andy Farrell takes over. Farrell i'm sitting on the fence with tbh. Schmidt beyond doubt the best coach Ireland has ever had.
    If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Guess it was coming but disappointed.
    the transformation in our fortunes under him has been huge ,hopefully he leads us to even greater things before he goes.
    NZ is probably his next port of call coaching wise and if he does end up coaching NZ then good luck to him as long as its not against us .
    thanks Joe and best of luck to you and your family from an Ireland and Munster fan
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Farrell has big shoes to fill !
      If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Really unfortunate that he has decided to go but there can be no hard feelings due to the success he has brought to both Leinster and Ireland. Without a doubt the best coach/manager that Irish rugby has ever had. Hopefully the lessons he has taught us will be continued on into the future.

If he gets the All Blacks job I fear for the chances of the rest of world rugby overtaking them in the future

Comment

Ireland’s loss is Tiernans gain.

Comment

The Irish Times quotes him as saying “I have decided to finish coaching...”. So possibly not intending to go for All Blacks role but would he refuse it?

Good luck to him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to see him get the All Blacks top job, he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by cian8 View Post
                The Irish Times quotes him as saying “I have decided to finish coaching...”. So possibly not intending to go for All Blacks role but would he refuse it?

Good luck to him anyway.

I'd say any role in sports development, team building, speaking etc would snap him up.

I think something like overseeing the Olympic development of kiwi athlete's would be right up his alley.

The guy could do almost anything in that field if he wanted
                I am the million man.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised by this. I thought Lancaster was a shoo in.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Never even been head coach of a club. Massive risk, not go after Scott Robertson or Pat lam?

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                      Really unfortunate that he has decided to go but there can be no hard feelings due to the success he has brought to both Leinster and Ireland. Without a doubt the best coach/manager that Irish rugby has ever had. Hopefully the lessons he has taught us will be continued on into the future.

If he gets the All Blacks job I fear for the chances of the rest of world rugby overtaking them in the future
                      You’ll have to change your name
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Gonna guess rog will come in as defence/backs coach.

Comment

Originally posted by cian8 View Post

Good luck to him anyway.

I'd say whatever pressure comes with the Irish job, it's many magnitudes worse with the nz head coach role. I can't imagine it would help with the family life.
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                            Crossed my mind as well
                            "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                              Dunno, with Farrell still there I don't think he would pull away from his defensive duties. Farrell had previously done skills coaching as well, but there's a big hole for a general attack coach. Would love somebody like Wayne Smith or Tony Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X