AI3) Us v NZ. Saturday at 7 on RTE and C4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Be some joke if Henderson is ahead of him. Bernie has been out playing him for 2 seasons.
    Where's the punchline now?
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Targeting him with Kicking better be followed by decent chasers, because he is a savage counter attacker.
      There in lies the rub ............... Marmion is a good player but his box kicking is nowhere near as good as Murray's. I agree with you regarding the chasers but the kicking accuracy is just as important. I fear we may make a legend out of McKenzie.
      In Chicago, they didn't just weaken their 2nd row, they selected Naholo .... a player totally unsuited to the aerial game. A kiwi mate of mine, told me (before that game) that Naholo's inclusion was very arrogant and disrespectful to Ireland. I believe NZ are much better placed to counterattack this time and that our kicking options have diminished.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post

Where's the punchline now?
        Will have to wait till 9pm Saturday for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
          Is there any logical reason to put Henderson on the bench instead of Beirne? Is Joe still punishing him for leaving Ireland?
          None other than slight knock he might pick up in the captains run tomorrow. Joe has telepathic talents in sensing injury in players. Not punishment, prophesy.

Comment

Toner is in the side to cover up the weakness of Ireland's ageing captain, and the president of the barn door preservation society on the bench. Maybe justifiable when Best was a bit younger, but seems hardly worth the loss of Henderson's destructive capacity around the park these days.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
              Toner is in the side to cover up the weakness of Ireland's ageing captain, and the president of the barn door preservation society on the bench. Maybe justifiable when Best was a bit younger, but seems hardly worth the loss of Henderson's destructive capacity around the park these days.
              It would be a great point to step down, captaining a winning Ireland against NZ- I’m happy to indulge him the Toner luxury for this one. Imagine we win, and next time they have to face a side with scannell in for Best, Beirne for Toner, Murray for Marmion, Farrell for (Aki move Ringrose inside?) Conway/Larmour for Kearney...even if we lose, that’s quite a change in firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                That Kiwi side is going to be gunning for us.

I'd be very wary, they could explode out of the blocks and put us down a score quickly

Massive test
                Well they are hardly coming over for a tummy tickle.

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post

Looking at the bench, I don't think we have the strength in depth that we keep hearing about. I don't think there is an argument for any of that bench to be starting
                  If you look at a possible team of players not in the 23 -
                  Kilcoyne, Scannell, Bealham, Beirne, Ryan, Ruddock, SOB, Conan, Murray, Byrne, Sweetnam ,McCloskey, Farrell, Conway, Henshaw - that shows a fair level of depth available

Comment

WTF is ROG on?

"There was a good example of what Kearney brings to the table if you watch Fiji’s first try against Scotland last weekend at Murrayfield.

Stuart Hogg is a Lions full-back. He had a one-on-one tackle to defend seven metres from the post, and though he got an arm on Villiame Mata, the Fijian still burst through it and scored.

If that was Kearney, he’d chop him, stop the Fijian dead in his tracks." in today's Examiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      WTF is ROG on?

".

If that was Kearney, he’d chop him, stop the Fijian dead in his tracks." in today's Examiner.
                      ROG's new career: satire.

Comment

Leavy ruled out. VDF in with Murphy on the bench.

Comment

Painful evening ahead for us both physically and on the scoreboard, we haven't a hope. Best, no Leavy, Rob, no Beirne ...shudder
                          Good god what do i know!!
                          Last edited by Username; 19th-November-2018, 16:37. Reason: I'm an idiot

Comment

Can anybody recommend somewhere in Capetown to watch the match tomorrow night? Thanks folks.

Comment

Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
                              Leavy ruled out. VDF in with Murphy on the bench.
                              The dubs are dropping like flies. Leo must be getting worried

Comment

Pubs in Dublin getting decorated for the game...

​​​​​​​
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X