No announcement yet.

AI2) Ireland Argentina - Saturday 6.30 RTE and C4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob has a fitness test on Tuesday but I’d be be surprised if he gets picked for the All Blacks game
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
      Rob has a fitness test on Tuesday but I’d be be surprised if he gets picked for the All Blacks game
      Really. Would you honestly be surprised if he starts.

Comment

If Beirne is being rested for next week, fine- otherwise it’s a poor decision- we won’t know til this time next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post

Both Kearney and Ringrose are expected to be fit to train fully next week
          Is that both Kearneys - I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            If Beirne is being rested for next week, fine- otherwise it’s a poor decision- we won’t know til this time next week.
            Sorry posted twice- not sure it was even worth posting once

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Sorry posted twice- not sure it was even worth posting once
              Thanks again, i got to ‘like’ your post twice twice

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post
                Ireland Team Named For Argentina Test
                The match will be live on RTE and Channel 4

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Argentina, Guinness Series 2018, Aviva Stadium, Saturday, November 10, kick-off 6.30pm):

Player/Club/Province/Caps -

15. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 7
                14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 70
                13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster) 36
                12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 10
                11. Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 12

10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 76 (vc)
                9. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht) 22
                1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 81
                2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 111 (c)
                3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 26
                4. Iain Henderson (Queens University/Ulster) 39
                5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 11
                6. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 50 (vc)
                7. Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster) 51
                8. CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster) 26

Replacements
                16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 63
                17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster) 51
                18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 9
                19. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 61
                20. Dan Leavy (UCD/Leinster) 10
                21. Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster) 7
                22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 13
                23. Andrew Conway (Garryowen/Munster) 8
                Looks a side built to batter the living shyte out of Argentina and make them break. It's not a side built for evasion, it's built for collision.

I've no major qualms about who Joe picks or when anymore, the past 2 seasons have kinda shut most of his detractors up.

He will usually have one or two indulgent picks in any 23 man panel and that's not changing.

At the end of the day it's 2nd V 11th in the world in the Aviva this weekend, he could pick another 23 from lads not on that 23 and we would still be confident, (that's not to belittle Argentina, this is just an unprecedented time in Irish rugby)
                I am the million man.

Comment

Tis rugby not soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    Hi, can someone recommend a pub in Paris city center to watch the Argentina game.

thanks
                    2 pubs close to each other - le rugby and Bugsys. I watched the muster - glos game in Bugsys. Nice spot, great food. About 10 mins walk from place de concord

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It's your field Bull

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Looks a side built to batter the living shyte out of Argentina and make them break. It's not a side built for evasion, it's built for collision.

I've no major qualms about who Joe picks or when anymore, the past 2 seasons have kinda shut most of his detractors up.

He will usually have one or two indulgent picks in any 23 man panel and that's not changing.

At the end of the day it's 2nd V 11th in the world in the Aviva this weekend, he could pick another 23 from lads not on that 23 and we would still be confident, (that's not to belittle Argentina, this is just an unprecedented time in Irish rugby)
                      Good luck with that. Argentina feed off adversity and don't tend to break. If they can tighten their defense and keep their discipline, they'll have a good chance of causing an 'upset'.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post

Good luck with that. Argentina feed off adversity and don't tend to break. If they can tighten their defense and keep their discipline, they'll have a good chance of causing an 'upset'.

7 losses and 2 wins in 2018, and I think they might have left their best tight head at home.

Weve 8 wins and 1 loss in the same time (open to correction)

An upset can always happen, but this Irish side is too measly and hungry to let it happen too often, they broke France, England, Oz twice, it's what they do under Joe.

Can't remember which former leinster player it was (could have been Jennings) but someone said on off the ball that this Irish setup destroy you with relentless monotonous accuracy. They just don't make mistakes or give opposition footholds into the game through penalties or stupidity. Theyve broken everyone at this stage, even NZ
                        Last edited by Cowboy; 8th-November-2018, 23:43.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

7 losses and 2 wins in 2018, and I think they might have left their best tight head at home.

An upset can always happen, but this Irish side is too measly and hungry to let it happen too often, they broke France, England, Oz twice, it's what they do under Joe.

Can't remember which former leinster player it was (could have been Jennings) but someone said on off the ball that this Irish setup destroy you with relentless monotonous accuracy. They just don't make mistakes or give opposition footholds into the game through penalties or stupidity. Theyve broken everyone at this stage, even NZ
                          Aside from the summer tour games, they looked impressive to me despite their losses. They travel more than any other squad in world rugby so it's hard for them to get any sort of consistency. If they can gain parity up front, tighten their defense and reduce the unforced error/penalty count, it'll be a tight game. Their backs, especially the back three can score from anywhere.

We've had a great year no doubt, but it's worth remembering that Australia are as bad as they've ever been and there was nothing between us and them over 3 tests.
                          If that pass out wide hadn't been intercepted by Stockton, we'd have lost at home to Wales. Scotland butchered their chances to beat us in Dublin as well. And a miracle drop goal won us the game in France...
                          There's a lot of talk about us being second in the world but I still don't think there's much if anything between us and any of Wales, SA, Aus, Arg or England. Scotland are there or thereabouts as well.
                          Last edited by kahalui; 9th-November-2018, 00:01.

Comment

Aside from the summer tour games, they looked impressive to me despite their losses. They travel more than any other squad in world rugby so it's hard for them to get any sort of consistency. If they can gain parity up front, tighten their defense and reduce the unforced error/penalty count, it'll be a tight game. Their backs, especially the back three can score from anywhere.

We've had a great year no doubt, but it's worth remembering that Australia are as bad as they've ever been and there was nothing between us and them over 3 tests.
                            If that pass out wide hadn't been intercepted by Stockton, we'd have lost at home to Wales. Scotland butchered their chances to beat us in Dublin as well. And a miracle drop goal won us the game in France...
                            There's a lot of talk about us being second in the world but I still don't think there's much if anything between us and any of Wales, SA, Aus, France, Arg or England. Scotland are there or thereabouts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gnox View Post
                              2 pubs close to each other - le rugby and Bugsys. I watched the muster - glos game in Bugsys. Nice spot, great food. About 10 mins walk from place de concord

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
                              that's perfect. thanks

Comment

Surely beirne will at the minimum get into the 23 next week, really unsure of what toner offers from the bench. No harm in Henshaw getting a game at 13 in case he’s needed there at some point. Pressure on Sob to perform with Leavy waiting to come on. I wouldn’t mind seeing CJ off after 50 mins and let Sob move to 8 and play the 80.
                                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X