Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Autumn International: Ireland V Italy (Soldier Field)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

Thinks its pretty clear Joey came here over Belfast at the end of a JS shotgun. Superb player but 2 year contract with Sexton likely to retire in 2020? I can only see one outcome. It looks to me like Joey secured assurances that he will be back in blue for the 2020/1 season before agreeing to come here. We wont see him for dust.
    Off to get my tinfoil hat.
    Even if that turns out to be so, BJ will have had the Irish stand off to learn with, and will have matured further. Others from outside Munster have settled, and some born and reared have moved- what we need to do as team mates and fans is to make it hard to leave. If he decides to go having given us two years like the few months we’ve had so far, I’ll be delighted he came.

Comment

Originally posted by LongtimeLurker View Post

Thinks its pretty clear Joey came here over Belfast at the end of a JS shotgun. Superb player but 2 year contract with Sexton likely to retire in 2020? I can only see one outcome. It looks to me like Joey secured assurances that he will be back in blue for the 2020/1 season before agreeing to come here. We wont see him for dust.
      Off to get my tinfoil hat.
      Wouldn't begrudge any player his ambitions nor would I worry about it until what you suggest actually happens

He's a Munster player for 2 seasons and has shown more in red already than any 10 since Rog gave up the game

Damn glad to have him
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by paddy0090 View Post

Not one Munster player born in Munster there......kind of funny that no one talks about Dillane anymore. Stage is nively set for Beirn to in MOTM vs USA just like Dillane 2 years ago.
        Will I add Nagle just under Devin?
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by paddy0090 View Post

Not one Munster player born in Munster there......kind of funny that no one talks about Dillane anymore. Stage is nively set for Beirn to in MOTM vs USA just like Dillane 2 years ago.
          What is there to talk about? Dillane started his Ireland career with a bang but has been out of form for a long time now. He is not even the best lock in Connacht. Don't know what happened to him. He is young enough to play himself back into contention, but doubt that he will go to the world cup given the quality of the leading four locks.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
            What is there to talk about? Dillane started his Ireland career with a bang but has been out of form for a long time now. He is not even the best lock in Connacht. Don't know what happened to him. He is young enough to play himself back into contention, but doubt that he will go to the world cup given the quality of the leading four locks.
            Disappointing for him- but does seem off the pace. Time was people on here were saying get him back to Munster- haven’t heard that clamour for a while, and with Kleyn becoming no IQ, you can add a plus one to the four he’s behind for Japan. Hope he rebuilds it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
              If I remember right, 2016 was a big year for him, then he picked up a long term injury in 2017 and then sadly his mother passed away suddenly last year.
              You can’t blame the young lad for being off. He’s only 24, (injuries aside) he’s plenty time left. Hopefully he gets back to where he was and pushing for an Irish place but he’s not had an easy time of it. Realistically, the majority of Irish players won’t make the WC, it’s just the way it is, timing is everything but hopefully he’ll be back in the Irish team one day.
              Last edited by Stringer9; 9th-November-2018, 01:42.
              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Working...
              X