Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On second viewing I thought Flannery was outstanding. He has great vision and awareness. He also finished as the top offloader of the tournament with 11. He's a bit like Carbery in style.

    Comment


      Originally posted by dropkick View Post
      On second viewing I thought Flannery was outstanding. He has great vision and awareness. He also finished as the top offloader of the tournament with 11. He's a bit like Carbery in style.
      Getting pretty excited about the number of genuinely talented lads coming through for Munster. There’s some huge potential there and with the new coaching team we could be seeing the stars re-aligning at last.

      Comment


        What happens with Noel McNamara now, he did a brilliant job since in situ, how long is his contract, does he want to join a pro outfit or stick to his knitting - the Schools game.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          What happens with Noel McNamara now, he did a brilliant job since in situ, how long is his contract, does he want to join a pro outfit or stick to his knitting - the Schools game.
          Noel McNamara has been named as the new Academy Manager for Leinster. His under-20's contract was a two-year deal, so he could be offered a new deal with the Irish 20's, or decide himself to focus on the Leinster academy. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the academy manager, of any of the provinces, also being the Irish under 20 coach.

          There's a fair chance that it would have absolutely no bearing on selection, but there will always be accusations that there is a conflict of interests.

          Comment


            Noel McNamara has been named as the new Academy Manager for Leinster.

            Recently, Peter Smyth left the post to become the Irish Rugby Football Union's Head of Elite Player Development.

            This left an important vacancy in the Leinster organisation and McNamara has accepted the offer to maintain the production of professional players for Leo Cullen’s senior squad.

            The Clare man has just finished a two-year contract as head coach to the Ireland U20s, guiding them through two Six Nations and World Cup campaigns.

            The highlight of his tenure was this season’s glorious Grand Slam, Ireland’s first since 2007.

            It is not yet clear whether McNamara will extend his Ireland U20 contract to combine both roles or give a total commitment to the new post in the Academy.
            https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-38252737.html

            Comment


              Lost of high profile school leavers:

              Prop
              Ryan McMahon(Clongowes/Old Belvedere)
              Fionn Finlay(St. Michaels)
              Marcus Hanan(Clane RFC/Old Belvedere)
              Sam Illo(Wesley/Old Wesley)

              Hooker
              Mark Nicholson(Wicklow RFC)
              Levi Vaughan(Terenure/Terenure)

              Lock
              Ian Wickham(St. Marys/St. Marys)
              Liam Tyrrell(Gonzaga)
              Alex Soroka(Belvedere)
              Joe McCarthy(Blackrock)
              Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)
              Jack Coolican(Gonzaga)

              Backrow
              Sean O'Brien(Blackrock)
              Ed Brennan(Blackrock)
              Mark Hernan(St. Michaels)
              Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
              Mark Boyle(Gorey)
              Jack Barry(Gonzaga)

              Scrumhalf
              Jack Connolly(Gonzaga)
              Ross Barron(Blackrock)
              Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
              Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels)
              Matthew Cullen(Blackrock)

              Outhalf
              David Fitzgibbon(Blackrock)
              Justin Leonard(Belvedere)
              Tim Corkery(Kilkenny)

              Centre
              Gavin Jones(Blackrock)
              Mick O'Gara(Pres Bray)
              James Reynolds(CBC Monkstown)
              Karl Martin(Boyne RFC/Old Belvedere)
              Karl Morgan(Gonzaga)
              Marcus Kiely(Newbridge)

              Back Three
              Andrew Smith(St. Michaels)
              Mark O'Brien(St. Michaels/Old Belvedere)
              John Maher(Clongowes)
              Niall Comerford(Blackrock)
              Matt Grogan(Belvedere/Old Belvedere)
              Donal Conroy(Newbridge)
              Josh O'Connor(Wexford RFC)
              Matthew McGetrick(Terenure/Terenure)

              Stollen from the Leinster page, this is a list of kids that are "school levers". The question I ask is are all these players eligible for Ireland at u20 level this year? If so interesting to see Karl Martin as if im not mistake he is eligible for 3 years at u20 level (must be a first).

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                Lost of high profile school leavers:

                Prop
                Ryan McMahon(Clongowes/Old Belvedere)
                Fionn Finlay(St. Michaels)
                Marcus Hanan(Clane RFC/Old Belvedere)
                Sam Illo(Wesley/Old Wesley)

                Hooker
                Mark Nicholson(Wicklow RFC)
                Levi Vaughan(Terenure/Terenure)

                Lock
                Ian Wickham(St. Marys/St. Marys)
                Liam Tyrrell(Gonzaga)
                Alex Soroka(Belvedere)
                Joe McCarthy(Blackrock)
                Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)
                Jack Coolican(Gonzaga)

                Backrow
                Sean O'Brien(Blackrock)
                Ed Brennan(Blackrock)
                Mark Hernan(St. Michaels)
                Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
                Mark Boyle(Gorey)
                Jack Barry(Gonzaga)

                Scrumhalf
                Jack Connolly(Gonzaga)
                Ross Barron(Blackrock)
                Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
                Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels)
                Matthew Cullen(Blackrock)

                Outhalf
                David Fitzgibbon(Blackrock)
                Justin Leonard(Belvedere)
                Tim Corkery(Kilkenny)

                Centre
                Gavin Jones(Blackrock)
                Mick O'Gara(Pres Bray)
                James Reynolds(CBC Monkstown)
                Karl Martin(Boyne RFC/Old Belvedere)
                Karl Morgan(Gonzaga)
                Marcus Kiely(Newbridge)

                Back Three
                Andrew Smith(St. Michaels)
                Mark O'Brien(St. Michaels/Old Belvedere)
                John Maher(Clongowes)
                Niall Comerford(Blackrock)
                Matt Grogan(Belvedere/Old Belvedere)
                Donal Conroy(Newbridge)
                Josh O'Connor(Wexford RFC)
                Matthew McGetrick(Terenure/Terenure)

                Stollen from the Leinster page, this is a list of kids that are "school levers". The question I ask is are all these players eligible for Ireland at u20 level this year? If so interesting to see Karl Martin as if im not mistake he is eligible for 3 years at u20 level (must be a first).
                Yes they are all eligible for under-20's.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post

                  Yes they are all eligible for under-20's.
                  Thats great to hear! Depth wise I was a little concerned for this years group but there is alot of talented u19s here (u18 in Martins case) who could help fill some gaps very well.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X