Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

    What calls did he get right to prove the decision was correct?

    all of them please
    The ones he blew the whistle for.

    Comment


      Originally posted by lawrence View Post

      The ones he blew the whistle for.
      Even the ones he got wrong?
      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

      Comment


        Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

        Even the ones he got wrong?
        Have you been out drinking with Stan Wright?

        Comment


          Originally posted by dropkick View Post
          The referee was Christophe Ridley from England. England, the country that needed Ireland to lose. Who makes these decisions. Whether or not he was unintentionally biased or intentionally biased it doesn't matter. He should not have been there.​​​​​
          So refs cant be appointed for all games in advance then? Not going to make any sense to do that for group stage?
          World Rugby made decision weeks ago...

          Comment


            Originally posted by lawrence View Post

            What calls did he get wrong to prove that the decision was a mistake?

            First scrum gave a penalty to Australia even though the ball was still in Casey's hands. Gave another soft free kick to Australia in the second scrum.

            Completely ignored the incident where Watters got knocked out which could have been a red.

            Hodnett was clearly pulled out of a ruck by his neck just before Australia scored. Ignored.

            Casey's try should have been a penalty try and a yellow card as he was tackled around the neck when going over the line.

            Hodnett was tackled around the neck when going over the line which he also ignored.

            Australia gave away numerous penalties on their own line without getting a yellow.

            When Ireland were leading 17-10 the TMO told him to look at an incident involving an Australian at a ruck. Ignored. The TMO came back and said it again and the ref said he'd deal with it. He ignored it.

            And we have the red which now after been reviewed should not have been a red.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
              So refs cant be appointed for all games in advance then? Not going to make any sense to do that for group stage?
              World Rugby made decision weeks ago...
              When he was appointed is irrelevant.

              Comment


                On a different tack- but that huge Aussie second row that came on, running in two tries, one from his own 22, will have had Moss and others turning in their graves!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dropkick View Post


                  First scrum gave a penalty to Australia even though the ball was still in Casey's hands. Gave another soft free kick to Australia in the second scrum.

                  Completely ignored the incident where Watters got knocked out which could have been a red.

                  Hodnett was clearly pulled out of a ruck by his neck just before Australia scored. Ignored.

                  Casey's try should have been a penalty try and a yellow card as he was tackled around the neck when going over the line.

                  Hodnett was tackled around the neck when going over the line which he also ignored.

                  Australia gave away numerous penalties on their own line without getting a yellow.

                  When Ireland were leading 17-10 the TMO told him to look at an incident involving an Australian at a ruck. Ignored. The TMO came back and said it again and the ref said he'd deal with it. He ignored it.

                  And we have the red which now after been reviewed should not have been a red.
                  You can only see one side of it so, many of those are debatable.

                  Comment


                    John Hodnett out for rest of JWC, replaced by Luke Clohessy of Shannon.
                    Stewart Moore out for rest of JWC, replaced by David Ryan of UCD.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                      On a different tack- but that huge Aussie second row that came on, running in two tries, one from his own 22, will have had Moss and others turning in their graves!
                      ridiculous athleticism at 6'9, 110kg.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post
                        John Hodnett out for rest of JWC, replaced by Luke Clohessy of Shannon.
                        Stewart Moore out for rest of JWC, replaced by David Ryan of UCD.
                        Dropping like flies at this stage. Real shame. Was a good enough team to win the thing. Would have loved to see them full strength versus Australia.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ScrummieMan View Post

                          ridiculous athleticism at 6'9, 110kg.
                          Any Irish grannie ?

                          Comment


                            Ireland U20 v Itay U20, World Rugby U20 World Championship, Pool B, (Club de Rugby Atheneo Immaculada, Santa Fe, Tuesday, 4th June 2019, 3.30pm local time/7.30pm Irish time)
                            15. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
                            14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster)
                            13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) Captain
                            12. Cormac Foley (St.Mary’s College/Leinster)
                            11. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster)
                            10. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster)
                            9. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht)
                            1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster)
                            2. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
                            3. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster)
                            4. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster)
                            5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster)
                            6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster)
                            7. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby)
                            8. Azur Allison (Ballymena/Ulster)

                            Replacements:
                            16. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster)
                            17. Tom Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster)
                            18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster)
                            19. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht
                            20. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster)
                            21. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht)
                            22. Luke Clohessy (Shannon/Munster) *
                            24. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster)
                            25. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                            26. David Ryan (UCD/Leinster) *
                            27. Aaron O’Sullivan (UCD/Leinster) *
                            28. Max O’Reilly (Dublin University/Leinster) *

                            Comment


                              Ireland U20 v Italy U20, World Rugby U20 World Championship, Pool B, (Wednesday 12th June 2019, 2.30pm Irish time), TV - Eir Sport 1 (ROI), World Rugby Website etc (UK), the banner above on the IRFU website has not been updated since game no 1!

                              Comment


                                Gwan the boys in green
                                Gwan Joe!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X